Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Bedtime for 4 1/2 month old

I posted this on the January board, but thought I would check here too.            
-->                      
I was wondering what time your LO goes to bed? My 4 1/2 month old is always cranky in the evening.  He takes a bottle at 4:00, then a 20-30 minute cat nap at 5:30, bedtime routine at 7:30, bottle at 8, and then bedtime after his feeding.  But, we fight him from 6-8 every single night, pretty much since he's been born.  He is super fussy during this time.  Should I try putting him down earlier like 7? and just go on and feed him his bottle earlier instead of at 8?  He has been sleeping through the night for awhile without feeding and typically wakes up b/w 7-8. I'm just scared that if he has his last bottle at 6:30 or 7, then he will be waking up again in the middle of the night to feed, but I'm so tired of fighting him at night.  I'm not sure why he is fussy, unless he is really just overtired.  Any advice??

Re: Bedtime for 4 1/2 month old

• My lo takes a nap around 4ish, get up about 5pm and is in bed by 6:30/7. He sleep through the night until about 5/6:30 am. Bedtime routine starts about 6.
    imageimageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think if he starts fussing at 6 you should have him in bed by then. At 3ish months LO started that up at 5:30 most nights so I just declared that bedtime and he would zonk out then no problem. He's changed his naps a little so it's more like 6 now but that's what worked for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • He's been going to sleep at 7 since he was between 1 and 2 months. He could go down at 6:30, but that wouldn't allow me to get dinner done and deal with DD as well. Although, he's been better about it for the past month. Even if he naps in the evening until as late at 5:30, he will still go down at 7.
  • Mine goes to bed between 9-9:30 and he gets up at 7 to go to Grandma's and on weekends he sleeps until 8-9
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • DS usually has a bottle before we pick him up from the nanny around 5 or 5:30. Bedtime routine starts usually around 7:30 and he is down by 8:00. However, this week I've noticed some crankiness earlier, so I started the routine at 7:00 and he has responded really well and seems to sleep longer and better. So...we are going to start the routine at 7:00 from now on.

The routine is bath, bottle & book, then bed. We also give him bigger bottles at night - 6 oz at bedtime and again when he wakes between 11:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m., then again when he wakes at 6:00 a.m. During the day he takes 4oz bottles. 

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS goes down between 6:30-7. It was 7-7:30 but like your LO his increasing evening fussiness started to dictate an earlier time. It works for me because he's not STTN yet. No matter what time he goes down, it doesn't seem to impact that he wakes up between 11 and midnight. So the earlier bedtime gives me more downtime before I'm on duty again.
  • My daughter is usually just waking up from her last nap between 6-7 pm. When she wakes I usually feed her 1 tsp of cereal and then 6 oz of milk. She usually goes to bed between 9-10 and sleeps through the night until 8-9 ish the next morning.
  • I would try an earlier bedtime if I were you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"