July 2012 Moms

Re: FFFC

• My daughter called me last night and left a voicemail crying about not wanting to see her birth father today. Broke. MY. Heart!  She left a jumbled mess of tears saying how she doesn't really want to see him today and could I please call her maw maw to let her know. She said she told her grandma and she said it didn't matter she has to see him.  My hands are pretty much tied with this, so now im just waiting for her to call me so I can talk to her.

I think she's just apprehensive about seeing him because she's only been around him twice in the last 10 years. Her brothers will be with them so she wont be alone. I just feel bad that she feels this way and there is nothing I can do about it. I can imagine how great that phone call would be "Oh hello ex mil, yeah can you keep your son away from my daughter? He totally creeps her out. Ok Thanks"

I want to fly down there and get her now Sad

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I am about to ruffle some feathers. I apologize in advance to Sally and others who had a doula.

My BFF is having her second baby in late July.  She is having a VBAC (not judging), going med-free(not judging) and got a doula(JUDGING!!!!)

THis is why:

I asked her why she is getting a doula and she said she wants to go med-free.  Ok, I can name a billion people who went med-free and didn't have one.  Including and not limited to CWM, my mom and my bf's mom.

I asked her what she does.  She said "she is a coach, gives me massages, talks me through contractions, encourages me, gets me ice"  Isn't that what a nurse is for? doctor? your husband?

A very good friend of mine said, "If your husband can't be your coach then you need a new flucking husband, not a doula" 

She told me it is 1,000 dollars and if she has to have another c-section it is not refundable. In that case the doula will visit her in the hospital and at home.  Help her with breastfeeding, and help her with whatever she needs, including housekeeping. Huh?  So, now the doula becomes a maid/lactation consultant?  

I am on a cleanse and am a bittchh this week.  I want pasta.   

ETA:

PS: for 1,000 dollars I hope she does ovens. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagereinedecajun:

My daughter called me last night and left a voicemail crying about not wanting to see her birth father today. Broke. MY. Heart!  She left a jumbled mess of tears saying how she doesn't really want to see him today and could I please call her maw maw to let her know. She said she told her grandma and she said it didn't matter she has to see him.  My hands are pretty much tied with this, so now im just waiting for her to call me so I can talk to her.

I think she's just apprehensive about seeing him because she's only been around him twice in the last 10 years. Her brothers will be with them so she wont be alone. I just feel bad that she feels this way and there is nothing I can do about it. I can imagine how great that phone call would be "Oh hello ex mil, yeah can you keep your son away from my daughter? He totally creeps her out. Ok Thanks"

Ughh that is awful. Poor everyone! Hopefully her brothers will be able to talk her down :(

My FFFC:

Apparently I'm a superficial twat. 

Eleanor got her hair cut on Wednesday. I super hate it. She's just not as cute with this new do!!!! She looks like a little boy with a bad bowl cut. I get that there will be an awkward period (I mean... never having your hair cut, you have to start somewhere) but I really hope it evens out a bit over the next couple of weeks... We have 1 year photos on the 9th!

Gah! 

• imageBubbaJug:
    imagereinedecajun:

My FFFC:

Eleanor got her hair cut on Wednesday. I super hate it. She's just not as cute with this new do!!!! She looks like a little boy with a bad bowl cut. I get that there will be an awkward period (I mean... never having your hair cut, you have to start somewhere) but I really hope it evens out a bit over the next couple of weeks... We have 1 year photos on the 9th!

Gah! 

Same thing here! Frankie had his hair cut on Saturday and I hate it! It's to short in the back like the neck line is so far up. He also has a widows peak so when she trimmed the hair in front it doesn't help hide his "bald spots". We're having to push back his one year photos..or get him to wear a hat until it grows out a little. 

• imagereinedecajun:
    imageBubbaJug:
    imagereinedecajun:

My FFFC:

Gah! 

Same thing here! Frankie had his hair cut on Saturday and I hate it! It's to short in the back like the neck line is so far up. He also has a widows peak so when she trimmed the hair in front it doesn't help hide his "bald spots". We're having to push back his one year photos..or get him to wear a hat until it grows out a little. 

Maybe I'll mix some prenatal vitamins in with her cheerios :) 

• imagemegs52881:

She told me it is 1,000 dollars and if she has to have another c-section it is not refundable. In that case the doula will visit her in the hospital and at home.  Help her with breastfeeding, and help her with whatever she needs, including housekeeping. Huh?  So, now the doula becomes a maid/lactation consultant?  

What a load of isht.  My FFC is that I think doulas are baloney.  All the ones I know think they know more than doctors, and I give them massive side-eye for that.  I also hear one I know discussing the births of her "patients" in detail with random strangers (like me)- hello, maybe she wants the details of her birth kept private, biyatch!

• imageBubbaJug:
    imagereinedecajun:

My daughter called me last night and left a voicemail crying about not wanting to see her birth father today. Broke. MY. Heart!  She left a jumbled mess of tears saying how she doesn't really want to see him today and could I please call her maw maw to let her know. She said she told her grandma and she said it didn't matter she has to see him.  My hands are pretty much tied with this, so now im just waiting for her to call me so I can talk to her.

Ughh that is awful. Poor everyone! Hopefully her brothers will be able to talk her down :(

My FFFC:

Gah! 

At least she's not rockin a mullet, like my friend ticket is.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLaurski81:
    imagejfresh:
    I think that over a certain age [maybe 65?] people should be tested annually for their drivers license. Especially vision tests. Maybe this is a UO but its early so it's all I've got.

I agree. My grandfather has no business driving and he is almost 90. I am good friends with a cop in his town and told him about my grandfather. He said that people will call the station and inform them of people like this and they can pull them over and give them an on the spot test and take away their license if necessary. I told him that someone should definitely call on my grandfather. Well...this friend pulled him over about a month ago for me and took away his license. I feel kinda bad but he was going to kill someone if he continued driving.

We had to do the same thing with my grandfather... Several accidents, including one with a pregnant woman in the other car all were fine but it was just out of control. Painful but for everyone's safety.

• When I see Frankie playing quietly by himself I avoid him like the plague. It's like if he sees me come in the room he automatically goes into clingy baby mode, pick me up now, while standing up..dont do anything but hold me mom now, wah wah mode... so I go around him on purpose.

• imagejfresh:
    I think that over a certain age [maybe 65?] people should be tested annually for their drivers license. Especially vision tests. Maybe this is a UO but its early so it's all I've got.

I don't disagree. I know that in IN on e you are over the age of 75 you do have to pass a vision test for your license to be renewed but the renewal period isn't any shorter. Likely because of some stupid age discrimination lawsuit at some point in time. Stupid lawsuits.

I can never think of FFFCs....

• I do not now, nor have I ever had a Facebook account. Surprise
  • I hate when mothers on here, or IRL, or on FB speak in baby talk about their children.  How you talk to your children is up to you, but when speaking to adults cut that shiiit out. 

Ex: I have heard this a ton of times involving teeth.  Teethers, toothers, toofers, tootoobooboo teety toos.  They are effing teeth.  Your child has TEETH.  

• I hate mom blogs that are all super sweet and positive.  They're stupid.  I have a friend of a friend that has one called something like "Happily ever after".  She refers to her husband using a name of a super hero.  Everything is amazing and perfect.  I obviously LOVE my child.  But, this is hard!  And sometimes I miss my old life.  That's why I like you girls we can all talk about how great our kids are and also discuss when they are being little twatwaffles.  

I want to start a blog with some other girls on TB(hint hint they are plastics) called Sh*tty moms.  I wouldn't consider any of us bad moms at all, but we are real and mom's who have rainbows and sunshine coming out of their assses all day really piss me off.   

• I have never mowed a lawn... With H being gone for the next week... I'm either going to have to learn how or be THAT neighbor. Such things are taken very seriously in my neighborhood...

• imagelizwindersonRN:
    Anderson fell off my bed a few days ago. I lunged for him, but alas, he was already over the edge. He's fine. I cuddled him. Life goes on.nbsp;nbsp;My dogs are getting chunky from all the food Anderson feeds them. I can hear the vet now. Ugh.nbsp;nbsp;I found a sweet potato in Anderson's toy basket. Maybe he was keeping it for later.nbsp;nbsp;I'm super nervous about starting school in August. When I was going to school for my Bachelors I didn't work, lived on my own, had a long distance relationship and parental support. This new endeavor for my Masters seems scarytrying to be wife, mom, employee, etc.nbsp;nbsp;

Bahaha! I love the sweet potato thing. Too cute. I used to hide straight sugar in my room as a kid. No joke. Just a bag of sugar and a spoon. Just an FYI for the future!

• imagereinedecajun:
    When I see Frankie playing quietly by himself I avoid him like the plague. It's like if he sees me come in the room he automatically goes into clingy baby mode, pick me up now, while standing up..dont do anything but hold me mom now, wah wah mode... so I go around him on purpose.

A IRL friend thought I was crazy because I told them I did this. Glad I'm not the only one who does it!
  • My husband had his one year anniversary with his company yesterday and had a complete meltdown. He called me an hour or so after he got to work and said he bailed on a meeting and is coming home. My FFFC is I hope he finds a new job. I've never been a big fan of this company and I know it's potentially got a lot of growing room but I haven't seen it either. So I hope that was his kick in the a to finally find a job with his degree!!
  • Yowza. I confess that I need a thicker skin, if this is what people think about doulas!

Wish I wasn't on my way out of town, so I could provide some good links. Humbug.

• imageLaurski81:
    imagemegs52881:
    I hate mom blogs that are all super sweet and positive. nbsp;They're stupid. nbsp;I have a friend of a friend that has one called something like "Happily ever after". nbsp;She refers to her husband using a name of a super hero. nbsp;Everything is amazing and perfect. nbsp;I obviously LOVE my child. nbsp;But, this is hard! nbsp;And sometimes I miss my old life. nbsp;That's why I like you girls we can all talk about how great our kids are and also discuss when they are being little twatwaffles. nbsp;I want to start a blog with some other girls on TBhint hint they are plastics called Shtty moms. nbsp;I wouldn't consider any of us bad moms at all, but we are real and mom's who have rainbows and sunshine coming out of their assses all day really piss me off. nbsp;nbsp;
    Ha! Is this the person I know too? The super hero name she uses drives me nuts.

omg it totally is!!!! hahahahahah I totally forgot we both knew this person.  Well, I kind of know her.  Just from the posts I see that my friend "likes" I hate her.  Like, hate her.  

• imageSallySunrise:
    Yowza. I confess that I need a thicker skin, if this is what people think about doulas! Wish I wasn't on my way out of town, so I could provide some good links. Humbug.

Yes,I promise it wasn't a jab at you.  I think however you want to make a living is great.  I just personally think the idea is silly.  I am still not sure what they do that the doctor, nurse or husband can't or won't.

I can see if you had a home birth, but in the hospital I just don't get it.  

• My mom has been pressuring me a lot about religion. A lot! So much so I'm starting to feel guilty about next weekend. I want to celebrate my baby and I don't think she should be a *** about it. I think its starting to put a wedge between us because we talk less and less. She went as far as tellingmy sis that she will NEVER move back because we don't go to church. I was livid. I haven't said anything because I'm waiting to see if she will tell me that or not. Our agreement has always been once my grandparents die, she moves back. If that is the case I'm not putting forth any effort to fly to see her anymore. That is just bull!

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • mine is naughty.

i had a sexy dream about my husband's best friend last night.   oops. 

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• imagejfresh:
    Oh I've got another little one. This isn't much of a confession around here but H and I drank a lot this week. Those freezer mix drink pouches were on sale so we bought 10...they're all gone. We got a 12 case of those strawberita bud lights...all gone. And I drank almost a whole bottle of wine last night.

Can I be you? I am miserable.  

• imagejfresh:
    imageMeow84:
    I get annoyed when people say they aren't planning on having another kid ever or anytime soon because they love their LO too much. Wanting more kids doesn't mean you love your first kid any less.
    This rubbed me the wrong way too.

That is stupid.  

My sister had  a friend who said she wasn't going to have babies because she and her husband loved each other too much and they wouldn't never be able to love another person that much.  Ten years later they changed their minds and then couldn't conceive.  Sad. 

• imagethumper11:
    imagereinedecajun:
    When I see Frankie playing quietly by himself I avoid him like the plague. It's like if he sees me come in the room he automatically goes into clingy baby mode, pick me up now, while standing up..dont do anything but hold me mom now, wah wah mode... so I go around him on purpose.
    A IRL friend thought I was crazy because I told them I did this. Glad I'm not the only one who does it!

OMG of course!  I hide behind anything I can find.  If he sees me I am doomed.  

• A few months ago I created an account on a website where teachers sell lessons/activities/worksheets/etc to other teachers.  I've made some money from it and haven't told my husband about it.  I transfer the money into my personal account (that is for emergencies only) but I'm earmarking any money I earn from this for fun things for myself.  And H will be none the wiser!
    imageimage
  • imagekitchencolors:

imageMeow84:
    I get annoyed when people say they aren't planning on having another kid ever or anytime soon because they love their LO too much. Wanting more kids doesn't mean you love your first kid any less.

Along these lines, I am totally not over a post on another board (I think it was BF) from MONTHS ago where people were saying it was selfish to TTC asap after a baby because it meant you wouldn't be taking time to enjoy your first LO as much.  It was such bullcrap and made me so mad.

Seriously?! That's terrible!!

• imageSunshineLady6:

Last night I rolled my son's high chair into the living room, gave him his dinner on the tray, turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and laid down on the couch to rest while he ate.

I don't even feel al ittle bit guilty about it.

I've done the same thing a few times.  Whatever works. 

imageimage
  • imageSunshineLady6:
    imagecwm11985:
    imageSunshineLady6:

Last night I rolled my son's high chair into the living room, gave him his dinner on the tray, turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and laid down on the couch to rest while he ate.

I don't even feel al ittle bit guilty about it.

I've done the same thing a few times.  Whatever works. 

Also I fed him chicken nuggets... and a cheese stick...and fruit and veggies...

DON'T JUDGE ME! lol :)

derrrr I once gave Tucker a grilled cheese from DQ.  He was screaming and I didn't know what else to do. 

imageimage
  • imagedbliesmer:
    imagemrsmckinky:
    imagesummergirl1211:
    imagedbliesmer:

I just thought of a few...

My H is a 100% not interested in having sex with me.  He constantly tells me to use my toys, which sometimes I do, but if I don't want to use my toys.  I want the real thing dammit.  I consider cheating ALOT because I need some action.

dbliesmer, I'm sorry the two of you are on different pages right now. Has it always been this way? DH always wants it more than me, but I make an effort 95% of the time, whether I want to or not.

I'm sorry you're dealing with that, D.  Can you talk to him about seeing a therapist?  This no sexy time thing must stop!

He is not very talkative so I don't a therapist would work. I've flat out asked him to see a doctor thinking maybe it's an issue that could be dealt with. I've asked him if he's cheating. And for awhile I would basically jump his bones every night and he'd turn me down to sleep so I gave up. All his friends think he's crazy.

It never used to be like this, it's declined over the past couple of years. He's older than me so maybe that's why. But he always claims he'd rather sleep and I should just take care of myself. Ridiculous!!! It's an important part of a relationship IMO.

That is just rough! Sorry.

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
  • imagesarasansh:

I really think it depends on your personality, your coach's personality (MH, mom, whoever), and what you're looking for out of your birth experience (besides, you know, a baby.) 

Trimmed the quote tree there, but I totally agree with this. I did not have a doula, but I can see where it would have been helpful. Just like every other parenting decision you have to make, this is really a personal decision. Just because it wouldn't work for you doesn't mean it's completely worthless for every mom.  

• imageBubbaJug:
    I have never mowed a lawn... With H being gone for the next week... I'm either going to have to learn how or be THAT neighbor. Such things are taken very seriously in my neighborhood...

Haha we are totally that neighbor. My H insists on doing it even though its really not his strong suit. My dad keeps pressuring us to just get a gardener because over here they arent very expensive. But my H insists!! 

So every once in a while an older neighbor a couple houses down comes over with his edger and edges the front yard because he cant stand it. Poor old guy.

• imagemrsmckinky:
    imageThePinkSuperhero:
    imagemegs52881:

What a load of isht.  My FFC is that I think doulas are baloney.  All the ones I know think they know more than doctors, and I give them massive side-eye for that.  I also hear one I know discussing the births of her "patients" in detail with random strangers (like me)- hello, maybe she wants the details of her birth kept private, biyatch!

Then I guess my FFC is that I think a lot of doulas DO know more than some doctors when it pertains to their patients.  I don't care for doulas personally (my husband was a great coach, despite all the issues surrounding Dex's birth).  But I will say that a doula who gets to know her patient during pregnancy is going to know a lot more situational information than a doctor who just met the patient is going to know.  Certainly for medical scenario stuff (as in my case, where the doctor told me he needed to put me on a mag sulphate drip so I wouldn't have a stroke), the doctor is the one to turn to.  But as far as a doctor telling you to push, versus a doula who is more likely to let you push on instinct?  Or a doctor who is going to suggest a C-section after you haven't progressed after 6 hours, versus a doula who will let you carry on with laboring?  There have been all kinds of things that have suggested doulas and midwives are 'better' at birthing than doctors are because they are not so focused on the black and white of it all.

Sorry for the rambling...I'm tired.  I'm not even sure if that made sense, lol.

I agree that when you read what a doula does it seems kind of silly.  However, a doula can be a wonderful support person during L&D.  My H was prepared and did a pretty good job supporting me.  However, there were several times he blanked out like when I was screaming/flailing around while starting to push.  It was hard for him to understand what I was going through and what he could do to help.  Having a doula there made a huge difference and she was the one who calmed me back down.  I believe that she was  an essential part of my birth.  I feel that doulas are a personal choice and really depend on the personality of the expecting parents and what they hope to get out of there birth.  Just like anything else a doula can be a great asset or a waste if you end up with a C/S.  The thing is you just don't know until it happens.

• lada85lada85 member
    I have never owned any sex toys....maybe I need to get some. Haha!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemegs52881:

imagethumper11:
    imagereinedecajun:

OMG of course! nbsp;I hide behind anything I can find. nbsp;If he sees me I am doomed. nbsp;[/quote
    No eye contact!
  • lada85lada85 member
    imagesummergirl1211:

imagelada85:
    I have never owned any sex toys....maybe I need to get some. Haha!

Guuurlll... get online and order some ASAP! You don't know what you're missing! Wink

I think this will be my mission today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejnoone:
    imagewmel13:
    My H got a speeding ticket a few weeks ago 86 in a 65 and today he looked it up online to see how much it is. Almost 500 with all the extra fees and to take traffic school. FML! So yes, I did make him feel guilty by saying he gets to have no fun for the next few months because he spent all his money on the ticket and now I don't get to get a new phone for a few months because we have no money. he got a new phone in April
    Was this the one after our gtg? That's a huge ticket!! I had no idea the penalty went up that much! That sucks! My FFFC: I spent a bunch of money on cute new bras to help me feel better about my sad, saggy boobs. The girls look great all dressed up, but once the bra comes off... welp, there they are again.

After 10mph above the fines get incredibly high! There is one teeny stretch of the 10/101 where it drops from 70 to 65 and I got busted at 75. I think mine was $300. 

• imagedbliesmer:

imageMeow84:
    Yes, it totally is a big part of a relationship! I don't know how much older he is, but do you think it's like a mechanical issue down there and he's embarrassed? 

I don't think it's a mechanical issue because whenever we do there are no problems in that department.  He's 40, 8 years older.  But he's also going to work at 4:30 am so he likes to get his sleep.

Thanks for all the advice, I feel like I've tried everything and it's just frustrating.  After getting rejected on a daily basis I just give up trying but maybe I should try some of the suggestions either again or some new ones I've read.

Gosh I'm so sorry you are going through this! I sometimes have this issue with DH. He straight up makes me feel so unattractive or a nympho because I want or NEED it. It's hard to admit this to everyone! Like you said. I've basically jumped his bones and he still turns me down. Granted he works 7am10pm almost every day. So he likes his sleep too.
  • imagekitchencolors:

I think on the scale of "Great Name" to "Worst possible name that Kim and Kanye could possibly come up with", North is really not that bad...

I think its the fact that her name is a cardinal direction... granted, its not terrible. But, come on. 

imageimage
  • zyaszyas member

I have been going to bed early every night so I can lie in bed and play games on my phone for a good 30 minutes to an hour before I fall asleep. Ok LAME FFFC but I am exhausted from looking after Ava 100% on my own this last week since I've been at my parents plus helping with other things around here.

My Aunt (who has no kids and is all about herself) is also in town visiting and also is here staying with my parents. She has no idea how to look after a baby and is driving me crazy with all her stupid remarks and opinions. 

I'm taking Ava to my best friends house this afternoon for a little while and I really wish her kids were going to be at daycare. But they aren't. When we were there last week for an hour they were little hellions. They are 3 and a half and going through a stage of some sort cause they weren't like this last time we visited. Anyway, I really just want to hang with my friend and talk and I know her kids will be difficult. blah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"