February 2013 Moms

***What went well this week?***

We had some crazy nights here this week but fun stuff nonetheless...

DS figured out how to roll back to belly!! I am hoping this means he will stop practicing in his crib in the MOTN! He only woke once last night and was hungry (presumably from the nightly workouts he's been doing. :P) ::fingers crossed::

We've had very successful outings this weeks. It makes me feel good and confident about myself! 

DS really likes cereal! I was hesitant at first but since the doc recommended we try (due to his 40 ounce a day consumption) I thought - here goes! He is a champ. Opens his mouth at the spoon for more. This kid is a beast. :P 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

Re: ***What went well this week?***

• We also had good outings this week, and DD rolls right onto her tummy now and is getting comfortable there. She entertains herself pretty well on mornings that she doesn't go back to sleep so I can usually snooze a few extra minutes, which is nice because she's been waking in the MOTN about 6 nights a week for the past 3 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecarpntrgrl:
    We also had good outings this week, and DD rolls right onto her tummy now and is getting comfortable there. She entertains herself pretty well on mornings that she doesn't go back to sleep so I can usually snooze a few extra minutes, which is nice because she's been waking in the MOTN about 6 nights a week for the past 3 weeks.

Sounds like we had similar weeks! DS has also been letting me snooze an extra few in the morning. Every little bit helps right? 

• Loading the player...
  • We had to take DS to the Children's Hospital for a urology consult. He needs a minor surgery, but he was so well behaved for all the doctors and nurses while they poked and prodded at him. We went out to lunch after and I was sort of nervous because he was tired and I didn't think he'd go down easily and we'd be those people with the screaming baby in the restaurant. But a few swings in his car seat and he was out! I got to eat my lunch hot and without bouncing a baby on my knee. I call to schedule his surgery today, though. Sad
  • imageDublinMama:
    We had to take DS to the Children's Hospital for a urology consult. He needs a minor surgery, but he was so well behaved for all the doctors and nurses while they poked and prodded at him. We went out to lunch after and I was sort of nervous because he was tired and I didn't think he'd go down easily and we'd be those people with the screaming baby in the restaurant. But a few swings in his car seat and he was out! I got to eat my lunch hot and without bouncing a baby on my knee. I call to schedule his surgery today, though. Sad

Poor little guy!! I hope everything continues to run smoothly! Sounds like DS is quite a trooper! 

• not so much just this week but a continuance....DS slept thru the night the day before Mothers Day (I consider his gift to me lol) for the first time and after that he hasn't stopped. He goes down between 9-10 and wakes up between 6-8 (depending on weekend or not) So for me, after hearing about the 4 month wakeful period (he is 18 weeks), I feel pretty lucky and that is what I consider going well.

**DublinMama - Good luck with your little one!

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • imageDublinMama:
    We had to take DS to the Children's Hospital for a urology consult. He needs a minor surgery, but he was so well behaved for all the doctors and nurses while they poked and prodded at him. We went out to lunch after and I was sort of nervous because he was tired and I didn't think he'd go down easily and we'd be those people with the screaming baby in the restaurant. But a few swings in his car seat and he was out! I got to eat my lunch hot and without bouncing a baby on my knee. I call to schedule his surgery today, though. [:]

Good luck with the surgery!

I also forgot to add that DD took a bottle on Fathers Day for the first time in 3 weeks!!! I thought I was going to have to donate my freezer stash, but after a long bottle strike, she finally let daddy feed her. What a nice present!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD fell asleep in the grocery store yesterday without fussing at all. Compared to last week's trip where she whined and cried the whole time, this was quite the treat!
    I also made a new recipe called Spinach Stromboli last night and DH and I both liked it. I love when I find easy, reasonably healthy meals that DH likes because he won't eat many veggies or fruits.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• MIL watches E on the days that I work. She's really started working on getting E to nap during the day, while before she would let her fall asleep if she did it on her own. So needless to say, there were no naps during the day and she'd have a total meltdown once my husband picked her up in the evening. H would stay at work late so he wouldn't have to deal with the crying for hours and hours.
    Now that MIL has been getting her to nap, she's been a happy girl for her dad when they get home and he's actually enjoying the one on one time together. It's taken a while, but we're getting the kinks worked out.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• imagekleigh926:
    DD fell asleep in the grocery store yesterday without fussing at all. Compared to last week's trip where she whined and cried the whole time, this was quite the treat! I also made a new recipe called Spinach Stromboli last night and DH and I both liked it. I love when I find easy, reasonably healthy meals that DH likes because he won't eat many veggies or fruits.

Share recipe please!! I love spinach dishes!! 

• Spinach Stromboli:

Put a whole wheat pizza crust on a pizza pan. Top it with sauce, frozen spinach [thawed and drained], shredded mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. Roll it into a log. Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes or until heated through. Slice and enjoy!

Some of the sauce and toppings leaked out onto the pan a little bit, but it's very easy and quick!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Thank you! Sounds delicious!

• I left DS for the first time this week for an extended period. He was with DH and DH handled 2 feedings. He only gets a bottle once a week or so, so I was thrilled it went well. Especially since one was his dream feed. Yay for Daddy and DS!!

I'm also proud of myself for leaving and enjoying myself. Even though I thought about him the entire time
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Finally got a call back from the children's urologist Smile 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"