June 2013 Moms

My unplanned home birth

So, I woke up this morning around 4:01 to go to the bathroom.   While there, I had a contraction.  I didn't t think nothing of it as I had been having them for the past few weeks.  Another followed about 10 minutes later.  The next ones were pretty irregular, but each became stronger than the one before.

I made tea, refilled my water, and did some laundry.  Each task was done between contractions.  When I felt like I couldn't take it any longer, around 5:15, I woke my husband and ask him  to call my midwife.  I got on the floor because it was comfortable for me.   Once .he told her about the contractions, she told him to bring  me in to L&D (5:30).  As soon as he got off the phone and tried to get me dressed and off the floor, I told him to call 911, because I knew I would not make it up off the floor.

(5:36)The dispatcher asked  him questions and my water broke! She asked if the baby was crowning and he said yes!  I felt a sudden urge to push.  I pushed a few times and her whole body was out at 5:39!  The paramedics arrived a couple of minutes later and my placenta followed about 10 minutes after that.  

Once I had the energy to get off the floor, the medics put me  in the ambulance and took us to the hospital I was set to deliver at and we arrived around 6:30 to a team of  happy nurses and my midwife.  It was the end of the medics and nurses shift, but they said it made for a memorable shift.

Although  my childbirth experience did not go as planned, I loved every minute of it!!  Best wishes to all the other June Mommas!

Re: My unplanned home birth

• crashing from September....that's wild!! It reminds me of my home birth that was planned, which was a good thing, because I would have been like you - not going anywhere and starting to push. It was 2 hours total.

You had an incredibly fast labor (FTM right?) and those are such fun stories to tell people. My mom and I have surmised that we must have undetectable contractions while we sleep and basically wake up nearly in transition, as hers were a couple hours each. Something was doing a lot of work to dilate and position baby for an efficient birth. Enjoy your new LO!

• My DH is so afraid this is going to happen to us and we won't make it to the hospital in time. I told him I would be VERY excited if it happens this fast! Haha. Congrats on your little one!
  • Loading the player...
  • That is awesome. Our bodies are pretty amazing if we let them be. :) Congrats!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • skioskio member
    Holy shitt, that's crazy. I'm glad you are both healthy! And congratulations!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • What a story to tell! Congrats !
              image image

• Wow! That's so crazy! This will be an awesome story to tell the LO one day! Congrats!
  • Amazing! Congrats!!
    photo bffbc5ae-9d71-4881-9c49-419ebb53d956_zps9ce18766.jpg BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow, that is an awesome birth story!! Congrats!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedeejohn2012:
    My DH is so afraid this is going to happen to us and we won't make it to the hospital in time. I told him I would be VERY excited if it happens this fast! Haha. Congrats on your little one!

My fiance is thinking this will happen to us too because he works 45 minutes away at night and the hospital is 30 minutes from me. I think its so funny when he brings it up and tells me to call him the minute I feel the first contraction, because I've been having them for weeks. 

• wow! Congrats! You're so brave, I would have freaked out! What an exciting story for her one day!
  • Congrats! What an amazing story'
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's crazy! So glad you didn't have any scary complications.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • That's incredible! I would shitt bricks!! Congrats!!
  • Jami90Jami90 member
    Thank you, I'm still surprised! I'm not a FTM, but my other children are 12 and 19
  • Jami90Jami90 member
    Thanks!
  • rzurbrrzurbr member
    Holy incredibly fast labor and delivery!  So glad you and LO are doing ok and that there were no complications!  What a story to share!  Congrats on your little girl!

• Whaaaat?? So jealous!! Getting pumped with pitocin right now because this kid just won't come :)  Congrats!!!!!
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Woah! What a story! Congrats!
  • Awesome birth story! Congratulations!
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is crazy!!! Congrats on your LO!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations!  Amazing story!
  • ::lurking::

What an amazing birth story. Congrats!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"