February 2013 Moms
Options

S/O Guilty Pleasures - Wine Addition

Seems like there are many of us grape lovin' Mamas! So some fun ?s about wine - and no judgment allowed! ;-)

1. White or red? (Or blush?)

2. Favorite varietal?

3. Have a good cheapie brand to recommend?

4. How often do you indulge?

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

Re: S/O Guilty Pleasures - Wine Addition

• Options

1. Red but seeing how it's getting warmer, I find myself gravitating towards white or a blush if it's a nice blend.

2. Red - Pinot Noir

White - Sauvignon Blanc

3. DH found this great new brand called "Once Upon a Vine". I also recently tried Flip Flop wine. Pretty good and it comes in the big bottles!

4. Before I became preggo I was pretty steady at about 5 glasses a week, but now that I'm a mom my wine consumption has actually increased. :P Once I stopped nursing I feel like I've been making up for lost time - that and I'm not back at work yet, so.....

I'm probably at 7-8 per week. Eek! I do have to cut back - it takes up so much of my Weight Watcher points! 

• Options

Yay! lol

1. Either, but predominantly red.

2. I'm a Cabernet Sauvignon girl.

3. Trader Joe's makes a brand called Charles Shaw that everyone calls "Two Buck Chuck." It's 2 dollars and change and delicious! Wal-Mart puts out a brand called Oak Leaf that is just shy of three bucks and I really like the Pinot Grigio.

4. Um, how serious is the no judgement thing going to be lol? Every day. One or two glasses a night after DS is in bed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDublinMama:

Yay! lol

3. Trader Joe's makes a brand called Charles Shaw that everyone calls "Two Buck Chuck." It's 2 dollars in change and delicious! Wal-Mart puts out a brand called Oak Leaf that is just shy of three bucks and I really like the Pinot Grigio.

4. Um, how serious is the no judgement thing going to be lol? Every day. One or two glasses a night after DS is in bed.

No judgment at all from me sister!! I almost busted out a bottle at noon today when Rory was being a super fuss face and not settling down for a nap.

I have to try this "Two Buck Chuck"!! Sounds AWESOME! 

• Options
    imageDrea926:
    imageDublinMama:

Yay! lol

3. Trader Joe's makes a brand called Charles Shaw that everyone calls "Two Buck Chuck." It's 2 dollars in change and delicious! Wal-Mart puts out a brand called Oak Leaf that is just shy of three bucks and I really like the Pinot Grigio.

No judgment at all from me sister!! I almost busted out a bottle at noon today when Rory was being a super fuss face and not settling down for a nap.

I have to try this "Two Buck Chuck"!! Sounds AWESOME! 

Girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! Wink On the weekends when DH is home I'm a little more liberal and have been known to pop a cork in the early afternoon. DH always shakes his head and says, "You must start getting heart palpitations at 11:59 a.m., huh?" God, writing that out it makes me look terrible lol.

• Options

1. Red

2. Cabernet is my favorite. I usually like Shiraz too.

3. Sadly, no. I used to like Yellow Tail but I find it hard to drink now. I hate when my tastes become more expensive.

4. Almost every night. Before kids, I used to drink primarily on weekends. Now I need to wind down after the kids go to bed. For a while I had a nightly ritual where I would have a glass of wine while DD took a bath. Now that I have two I *usually* wait for them to go to bed, unless it's a really bad day. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. White or red? Or blush? Red

2. Favorite varietal? Pinot noir is my favorite, but those are usually pretty expensive so I'll go for Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon.

3. Have a good cheapie brand to recommend? AU I've only found at grocery outlet for about 3 or 4. That was surprisingly tasty. And Fox Run vineyards ? I think it's called goes for 2ish.

4. How often do you indulge? I go back and forth between beer and wine so I'll have maybe two glasses of wine one night and then go back to beer for the next few nights.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

Fun, fun! I'm kind of new to wine. I was always a cocktial or beer drinker. So, I'm learning. 

1. White or red? (Or blush?) so far, white

2. Favorite varietal? Like I said, I'm new so I lean towards sweeter. Pinot Grigio has been my favorite.

3. Have a good cheapie brand to recommend? No, but I'm writing everyone's down! 

4. How often do you indulge? I have at least 1 beer or glass of wine at night. We BF so sometimes I have a second after DS goes to sleep. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Options
    imageDrea926:

1. White or red? Mostly red... but I like sweet whites too!

2. Favorite varietal? Merlot, Malbec, Niagara, Diamond (so many!)

3. Have a good cheapie brand to recommend? I'm a sucker for Red Cat, but also like Blackstone Merlot, and Barefoot wines are a good value!

4. How often do you indulge? Almost nightly... I make up for the nights I skip on the nights that I open a bottle Big Smile  I'm so glad that DD goes to bed at 7pm!  Speaking of which... I'm SO ready to go get some!  Thanks for the idea!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

1. White or red? (Or blush?) Mostly white, although I just had Red Cat tonight (rough day). Red gives me a headache most of the time.

2. Favorite varietal? Moscato ... LOVE

3. Have a good cheapie brand to recommend? Barefoot Moscato and Red Cat, a sweet red wine

4. How often do you indulge? I'll have a glass here and there during the week. But only one glass. I'm a light weight anymore.

Edited: spelling...see? one glass is all I can handle Stick out tongue

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options

I love red wine or dessert wines.  My favorite is a good Argentine malbec.  I just started getting into port too.  I'm lucky because I'm right by Virginia wine country so I'll go vineyard hopping twice a year and buy a bunch.

DH doesn't drink at all though and I hate wasting a bottle so I usually only open one if I have friends over. 

• Options
    imagemarionravenwood:
    I love red wine or dessert wines. nbsp;My favorite is a good Argentine malbec. nbsp;I just started getting into port too. nbsp;I'm lucky because I'm right by Virginia wine country so I'll go vineyard hopping twice a year and buy a bunch.DH doesn't drink at all though and I hate wasting a bottle so I usually only open one if I have friends over.nbsp;

I buy the tiny individual serving wine bottles. DH doesn't drink wine and I don't drink it every night, so this is my lame solution. You can't get really good stuff, but some good cheapie brands have these.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options

Seems like there are many of us grape lovin' Mamas! So some fun ?s about wine - and no judgment allowed! ;-)

1. White or red? (Or blush?) I am a seasonal drinker here. White in the Summer and red in the winter. I actually get a gout reaction to red non-organic wines so if my feet are cold in winter the red is perfect. 

2. Favorite varietal? Pinot Grigio and Cab Savs 

3. Have a good cheapie brand to recommend? Dang! I don't remember the brand. All I know is it is exclusive to one wine store (on my way home from work) and I know where to pull it off the shelf. My mom usually buys Copper Moon in the box. 

By the way, the Americans on this board are super lucky! Your cheaply bottles of wine that are ten dollars are usually closer to twenty here in Canada.  

4. How often do you indulge? Not as often as I should. Maybe once a week or so. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. White and blush (barefoot perfectly pink and moscatos are to die for)

3. Barefoot and Sutter home

4. 3-4 times a week 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"