2nd Trimester

Classes

I am pregnant with my first child, my husband and I were wondering what classes if any to take. I want to breastfeed, and have a natural labor with little to no medicines. Any suggestions will be great. 

Re: Classes

• I'm also pregnant with number one and we are looking to take a few classes. The hospital I'm delivering at has a great selection. You should contact your hospital or OB/GYN. I'm doing a class on breast feeding, baby and infant CPR, bringing baby home and a hospital tour. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Same here. At my clinic they have many pamphlets and advertisement for places that give classes and etc. Im sure your doctors office has some or even phone numbers to give you to local places. I received wic and they give you breast feeding classes and tips. You can even youtube a lot of info or buy dvd's. 
  • Loading the player...
  • with #1 I took a childbirth/newborn care class and a class about breast feeding. Both were really good. I was glad to learn infant cpr too.We took ours through the hospital.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For preparing for a natural birth, I highly recommend Bradley classes. We took them with my first and will probably do a refresher course this time around.

We also did breastfeeding and newborn care classes. Both worthwhile.

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm working on baby number 3 but with my 1st I did every class possible! I'm sure it depends on the person teaching and a lot of other factors but I'm glad I went, it made me feel much better about everything!
  • With my first I took the childbirth class and breastfeeding class. Wish I hadn't bothered with the breastfeeding class since I ended up exclusively pumping for 9 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageutlawgirl:

For preparing for a natural birth, I highly recommend Bradley classes. We took them with my first and will probably do a refresher course this time around.

We also did breastfeeding and newborn care classes. Both worthwhile.

I also loved my Bradley classes. 

D13 June Siggy Challenge Awkward (Awesome) Bathing Suits
    photo d5230f4f-07cc-4b75-b11c-da060b42a66d.jpg
  • monincmoninc member
    I just signed up for the Bradley method class. Mine starts the beginning of September.
  • With my first, I took both the breastfeeding, childbirth, and infant CPR classes at the hospital. I felt that they were all beneficial.

• There are so many options out there. It depends what you are looking for. I teach online group and private child birth classes. But, I am a Labor and Delivery RN. So i focus on things I feel are most important, for example, how do you know you are in labor, when to go to the hospital, what will happen when you get admitted, hospital interventions, epidurals, techniques for labor, labor positions, ways to reduce chance of a c-section. etc. My class is a one time 3 hour class. Keep researching and figure out what you really want to get from a childbirth class. My class works well for busy couples and the husbands/partners appreciate the quick 3 hour one time class since time can be an issue for busy couples. Good luck!
    Kathy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"