August 2011 Moms

Permanent BC?

Have any of us gone through tubal ligation or had DHs have a vasectomy?

Just curious if anyone's been through it, or is in the thick of the decision-making process.  We are just starting to think about it all.

What are your thoughts? 

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Permanent BC?

• I have the paraguard and am sick to death of it so Dh is getting the vasectomy in the fall.
  • It's on my list of topics to bring up soon. I don't care either way but one of us is getting snipped. I hate being on BC and we both hate condoms.

I will keep y'all posted. Hehe
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We talked about it. DH was gonna get snipped, but then we realized we were still youngish and might actually decide to have more kids a few years from now. So we're doing Mirena and when that comes out, I think we'll both get snippedm
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • S-TunaS-Tuna member
    I want to have a repeat c/s and tubal at the same time. I plan to speak to my doctor at my pre-pregnancy appointment. I haven't looked into at all because I'm not even close to being ready for another, but it is what I want to do when we get there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were both sure and my H had already scheduled the consultation "class" he has to take with our insurance and everything (while I was pregnant with #2), but then we had a conversation just before he was born about how we didn't feel 100%.  We're like 95% sure we're done.  But not 100%.  So I am on paraguard.

We set a 5 year limit...in 2018, if we don't want to have another baby, then DH will get snipped. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a tubal with my last CS and regret it. Should have gotten DH snipped instead. Doctor didn't mention how horribly bad AF would be afterwards and I never had bad ones before. So now not only do I have a tubal but I'm getting mirena to stop AF ... Guess its double protection, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"