Iowa Babies

I'm starting a new thread

How is everyone enjoying this lovely weather we're having? Aside from the horrible storms we've had here and there, that is. 

What's your favorite tv show?  I'm supah excited for Wilfred to start in a couple of days and Dexter in less than two weeks (squee!).

Any good grilling recipes you'd like to share since it's that time of year?

imageimage
Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

Re: I'm starting a new thread

• Where else do you post lostiowan? I've seen your SN elsewhere...

I've never watched SVU nor Duck Dynasty. I am a HIMYM fan though. NPH is my hero.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Hello ladies!

I'm trying to enjoy the weather, but working all day makes it difficult! It's times like these I wish I was a teacher to enjoy a summer break!

My fave tv shows include Greys Anatomy, SYTYCD, Big Bang Theory, anything that's crime related more so the biographical and true stories over the Law and Orders, lots of comedies too.

Are you both in central Iowa? Pregnant or already have children? I'm currently 24 weeks with my first.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagethelostiowan:
    Mostly TTGP and Baby Names. I lurk occassionally on Toddlers 24 months , CSections, VBAC, Working Momsnbsp;Duck Dynasty makes me laugh hysterically. And NPH is amazing.nbsp;

I kind of lurk on occasion in TTGP just for certain posters I PPH. Kiki and Chancie to be specific. I'm a giant hor in Parenting.

imageimage

• imageashleymarie512:
    Hello ladies!

I'm trying to enjoy the weather, but working all day makes it difficult! It's times like these I wish I was a teacher to enjoy a summer break!

My fave tv shows include Greys Anatomy, SYTYCD, Big Bang Theory, anything that's crime related more so the biographical and true stories over the Law and Orders, lots of comedies too.

Are you both in central Iowa? Pregnant or already have children? I'm currently 24 weeks with my first.

I am from SE Iowa, but my inlaws live in the DSM area. I have a 10 y/o SD and 21 month old DD. Congratulations on your soon to be bebeh! What's your EDD?

imageimage

• Thanks! I'm due 1013 with a little girl. We're really excited as we dealt with infertility and ended up going the IVF route not that naturally conceived pregnancies aren't exciting lol.

We live in central Iowa. We're both frim this area so our families are here too. It's nice to have them around, especially with a baby coming!
  • N_KozN_Koz member
    Hey ladies, never thought I would say it but my weeble wobble self is not enjoying the gross humidity. Going to try to time the next one for spring.

The only thing keeping me from depression over the end of Game of Thrones is Dexter coming back. I love crime shows SVU, Criminal Minds etc I watch entirely too much tv. I don't know what I am going to do when peanut is a toddler idk if watching dead hooker shows with him is a good idea.

We love to BBQ but this week I got the gestional diabetes diagnosis so I guess my favorite corn on the grill is out this summer

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • imageN_Koz:
    Hey ladies, never thought I would say it but my weeble wobble self is not enjoying the gross humidity. Going to try to time the next one for spring.

The only thing keeping me from depression over the end of Game of Thrones is Dexter coming back. I love crime shows SVU, Criminal Minds etc I watch entirely too much tv. I don't know what I am going to do when peanut is a toddler idk if watching dead hooker shows with him is a good idea.

We love to BBQ but this week I got the gestional diabetes diagnosis so I guess my favorite corn on the grill is out this summer

How far along are you? My glucose test is scheduled for July 9.

I too watch entirely too much tv! We're going to cancel satellite gasp!! as soon as we purchase those antennas for local channels and then well just use Netflix and Amazon for our streaming tv needs. I've never been without cable in my life and I'm dying a little inside thinking about it, but it's hard to pay 100/month for the few channels we actually watch. Ahh I'm already feeling anxiety about making the call!!
  • N_KozN_Koz member
    30 weeks today. The glucose stuff isn't that bad it kinda tastes like orange trimedic. We have thought about using just prime but I just can't pull the trigger we pay a ton of money for cable but hey at least I can cancel show time after Dexter ends

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • imageashleymarie512:
    Thanks! I'm due 1013 with a little girl. We're really excited as we dealt with infertility and ended up going the IVF route not that naturally conceived pregnancies aren't exciting lol.

We live in central Iowa. We're both frim this area so our families are here too. It's nice to have them around, especially with a baby coming!

My DD's birthday is 10/9! I love having my fall baby! Good luck and congratulations!

imageimage

• imageN_Koz:
    30 weeks today. The glucose stuff isn't that bad it kinda tastes like orange trimedic. We have thought about using just prime but I just can't pull the trigger we pay a ton of money for cable but hey at least I can cancel show time after Dexter ends

I loved that orange drink hard. I even asked for more! We've been contemplating ridding cable too, but yeah, Dexter first.

imageimage

• We had sun here the other day (south central) and huge raindrops along with it - perfect summer rain! I love it! Jumped in the pool and the water was 74*, perfect!

I'm all about Psych, but the earlier seasons seem better to me. I was super into Monk as well and now the occasional Criminal Minds and NCIS.

We're excited to do deer steaks on the grill this summer! Slathered with some garlic and onion, they'll be delicious!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi guys - quick intro - I live in central Iowa and am PgAL. About to have my first "take home" baby here in a few days hopefully!

Just thought I'd pop in! We had hurricane like rain today. It was nuts! But luckily I was inside all day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • imageweaslewam:
    Hi guys quick intro I live in central Iowa and am PgAL. About to have my first "take home" baby here in a few days hopefully!Just thought I'd pop in! We had hurricane like rain today. It was nuts! But luckily I was inside all day!

Welcome! And congratulations!

The weather was nuts today. We had tornado warnings and had to seek shelter. Luckily it quickly passed. Unfortunately, I had to wake DD to go to our basement.

imageimage

• imageweaslewam:
    Hi guys quick intro I live in central Iowa and am PgAL. About to have my first "take home" baby here in a few days hopefully!Just thought I'd pop in! We had hurricane like rain today. It was nuts! But luckily I was inside all day!

Hey there! I'm also in central Iowa and PAIF. We lost a twin at about seven weeks so were semi PgAL. How far along are you? When are you due?

Not so much loving the humidity right now. Don't mind the heat if I can be around a pool, but otherwise I get crabby haha.
  • Hi ladies! I hadn't checked this board for awhile. I'm working on adjusting to life with a 3 month old so I haven't had tons of time for TV. Thank goodness for TiVo so I can at least store my must haves. I'm loving Big Bang Theory, Rookie Blue, The Following, and The Vampire Diaries : All of them start again in the fall so hopefully we'll have some sort of routine down by then.
  • imagesaralynn7:
    Hi ladies! I hadn't checked this board for awhile. I'm working on adjusting to life with a 3 month old so I haven't had tons of time for TV. Thank goodness for TiVo so I can at least store my must haves. I'm loving Big Bang Theory, Rookie Blue, The Following, and The Vampire Diaries : All of them start again in the fall so hopefully we'll have some sort of routine down by then.

Hi there! I'd say it took us a good 6 to 9 months until we had a decent routine. How has having a new squish treated you so far? Being a mommy is pretty great. Also, watch Sherlock. YWIA.

imageimage

• Oh thank goodness! I thought I was supposed to have this all figured out at this point. She's wonderful and I love her to pieces but man this is a hard job! We are slowly getting it together but we're planning a move to the Cedar Rapids area within the next month so then it will all be thrown off again :
  • imagesaralynn7:
    Oh thank goodness! I thought I was supposed to have this all figured out at this point. She's wonderful and I love her to pieces but man this is a hard job! We are slowly getting it together but we're planning a move to the Cedar Rapids area within the next month so then it will all be thrown off again :

Just remember they adjust easily and not to worry too much.  Also, I used to live in CR and loved it there!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"