April 2013 Moms

I don't know what to feel right now...

So, my mother was induced into a coma earlier this morning. I got the call from my aunt. I am 3000 miles away from ANY of my family and I bought a ticket to go see them last week. I leave tomorrow.. for my mom's birthday coming up (25th).

She fell a few days ago, she cannot handle falls, she is 400lbs. She has been depressed as long as I could remember. She is the reason why I lost my weight, I went from 350lbs to 167lbs... because she begged me not to be like her. Well last night she was delirious and yelled for my aunt. When my aunt went to check on her she was off the bed on the floor. She apparently rolled off. Well my aunt asked her if she was okay and she mumbled yes, she was fine. Then my aunt, who is a nurse anyways, said she looked different.. she wasn't acting right so she called 911 again. They brought her in an apparently she has been only getting 50% oxygen to her brain, she has been diagnosed with COPD now and they said her white blood count was 25,000. She was vomiting and confused and not breathing well on her own at all.. so they put her in a coma.. They now say she probably won't make it.

My mother has never seen my son.. it was supposed to be a special time, tomorrow she was supposed to see him. It was going to be a great birthday week, I had things all planned out for both of us and for her to spend time with her FIRST grandchild. I had to wait this long to see her because of financial issues concerning my house and my car catching on fire. I just cannot believe this is happening right now.. I am dreading and replaying horrible thoughts in my mind that she may never get to see him.

Baby related.. Connor won't stop crying in his sleep today. I have been trying to control my feelings for his sake.. but I cannot all the way. I burst out in tears randomly.. I don't know where else to post this. Thank you for listening. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I don't know what to feel right now...

• Ugh I can't imagine what you are going through, being so far from home during a family crisis. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope that your mom gets to meet her grandchild... even if she is in a coma, the presence of a grandchild in the room will be a great gift to her. Bring a few baby books so you can read them together. Mom will be listening.
    Again, what an awful thing to be going through. Safe travels and lots of prayers to your mom!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • I can't even begin to imagine how hard this must be for you. What a tribute you've made to your mother by getting healthy like she wanted you to. Please know that I'm praying for your family and your mother and we are all here for you. Its very lucky that your aunt was there to make the judgment call and get her to a hospital as soon as possible. Even though you want to control your emotions for Connor, this is a difficult situation and you have every right to be upset, especially being so far from your family. I hope you have a safe trip home and we are all thinking of you, stay strong <3
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so very sorry you are going through this.  (((hugs)))  LO may need as much comforting as you do right now.  Hug him a little tighter and hold him a little longer and hopefully that will help you both.  Can you still take LO in to see her?  Tell your mom all about him and let LO touch her hand, maybe even hold onto her finger?  My heart is breaking for you.  I can't even imagine how hard this is for you.  I'm so sorry

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart

• imagewiggles527:
    I am so very sorry you are going through this.  (((hugs)))  LO may need as much comforting as you do right now.  Hug him a little tighter and hold him a little longer and hopefully that will help you both.  Can you still take LO in to see her?  Tell your mom all about him and let LO touch her hand, maybe even hold onto her finger?  My heart is breaking for you.  I can't even imagine how hard this is for you.  I'm so sorry

I won't know if I can bring him in until I get there. 

Thank you everyone. All of this means a lot to me.

• (((hugs))) that is so hard! I'm sorry you are going through this. Tons of thoughts and prayers headed your way that your Mom recovers!
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I am literally crying for you right now. Prayers your way not only for your mom, but for you and your little boy. I hope to hear an update from you as soon as your mom is better and she is holding your little boy in her arms! 
  • Thoughts and prayers headed your family's way.

• Kate_CKate_C member
    T P to you and your family. I hope you are able to bring your son to see her. Even if she isn't conscious, I'm sure she will know he is there. And you will have that memory to treasure. Safe travels.
  • Thank you all! I will update when I can once I get there. Your thoughts and prayers do mean a lot to me, even if I do not know any of you outside of the bump, you have made me feel a little better with your warm thoughts.

• I am so, so sorry about your mom. I hope you have a good support network around you. If you do, lean on them! If not, I would find someone to talk to about all this. Sending positive thoughts for your mom's recovery.

• I'm so sorry. All I can say is good luck, T P for both you and your mother!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sending my prayers, hang in there honey!
  • I'm so sorry you & your family are going through this. I'm thinking of you & will be praying for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm so sorry. Family is so important to me, especially my mother, so this breaks my heart. It's OK to cry, you need to let it out. Sending hugs, thoughts and prayers your way.
  • I am so sorry..I know exactly what IRS like to worry about our moms health. Lots of thoughts and prayers your way!!!
  • I love the idea about rading books to your LO with mom there.  Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your mom...She will know you and her grandchild are there.  Safe travels and I hope she recovers.  Be with her and update us when you can
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• More thoughts and prayers being sent your and your mom's way.  I'm so sorry you're going through this, I also love the idea of reading books to little one if LO is allowed in, I'd never have thought of that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageClandestineX:

So, my mother was induced into a coma earlier this morning. I got the call from my aunt. I am 3000 miles away from ANY of my family and I bought a ticket to go see them last week. I leave tomorrow.. for my mom's birthday coming up (25th).

She fell a few days ago, she cannot handle falls, she is 400lbs. She has been depressed as long as I could remember. She is the reason why I lost my weight, I went from 350lbs to 167lbs... because she begged me not to be like her. Well last night she was delirious and yelled for my aunt. When my aunt went to check on her she was off the bed on the floor. She apparently rolled off. Well my aunt asked her if she was okay and she mumbled yes, she was fine. Then my aunt, who is a nurse anyways, said she looked different.. she wasn't acting right so she called 911 again. They brought her in an apparently she has been only getting 50% oxygen to her brain, she has been diagnosed with COPD now and they said her white blood count was 25,000. She was vomiting and confused and not breathing well on her own at all.. so they put her in a coma.. They now say she probably won't make it.

My mother has never seen my son.. it was supposed to be a special time, tomorrow she was supposed to see him. It was going to be a great birthday week, I had things all planned out for both of us and for her to spend time with her FIRST grandchild. I had to wait this long to see her because of financial issues concerning my house and my car catching on fire. I just cannot believe this is happening right now.. I am dreading and replaying horrible thoughts in my mind that she may never get to see him.

Baby related.. Connor won't stop crying in his sleep today. I have been trying to control my feelings for his sake.. but I cannot all the way. I burst out in tears randomly.. I don't know where else to post this. Thank you for listening. 

Oh my God. That is horrible. I am so sorry you are going through this, and the timing could not be worse. I pray that the doctors are wrong and your mother will bounce back. Doctors are often wrong, so I'm sending lots of prayers and positive vibes your way that she will battle back to see and enjoy her grandson.

Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • My T&P are with you and your family. Safe travels.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Thank you everyone for your positive vibes. The doctors may have found the source of the infection, it may have been her knee she almost shattered when she fell a few days back or a spider bite my aunt pointed out. They haven't said for sure yet what is causing her white blood cells to rise. She is stable right now. =)

• Oh I'm so sorry! Sending prayers for you, your mom and your family!
    Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry you are going through this...I will be praying for you and your family. I lost my mom while I was pregnant, so I completely understand how it feels to know your mother won't meet your child. It's so tough...Hold your new baby tight and hopefully things will be better soon. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"