Health & Exercise

flat stomach after baby?

Anyone had any success?  Is there hope even if I have to have a c-section?  

Re: flat stomach after baby?

• It depends on if you were in good shape to begin with and kept a healthy weight during. C section shouldn't have anything to do with it. My incision is way below my bikini line, no where near my stomach or abs.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • salt78salt78 member

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    It depends on if you were in good shape to begin with and kept a healthy weight during. C section shouldn't have anything to do with it. My incision is way below my bikini line, no where near my stomach or abs.

All this, including the part about the c-section. My stomach is flatter now than it was prior to getting pregnant with DD.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's unrealistic to think you will have a flat stomach after delivery.  It will take time and work for that to happen.  I still have a little pooch, granted I may be extra sensitive to it.  It may be extra skin though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You won't have a flat belly immediately following delivery. It'll be squishy for awhile. However, it is possible to get it back. Don't let anyone tell you that you're body is ruined forever. I was in better shape after DS1 than before I was pregnant.

But as everyone else has already said, you'll have to work for it. It won't just happen.

• KateVAKateVA member
    If it was flat before, it will be flat after. 
  • ktb31ktb31 member
    2 c-sections.  Relatively flat stomach to begin with.  1st baby, 7lbs 7oz, everything returned back to normal post-pregnancy, able to wear a bikini again.  2nd baby 9lbs 2 oz and he did a number on my stomach, much harder to get back after this baby. Still not there.  Basically my little stomach pooch either gets bigger or smaller but stays.  Everyone is different though. 
  • I've had two c-sections and have a really, really flat stomach.  I do a lot of running and ab work though.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 9 weeks pp with my first. I had great abs before, worked out during pregnancy and have been back at the gym since 3 weeks pp.

My stomach isn't flat yet, but I notice an improvement every time I focus on core. Plank plank plank! I'll get there again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"