February 2012 Moms

UO/Say Anything

Anyone care to share?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO/Say Anything

• I'm finally getting a raise!  Woohoo!  I'm super exicted about it...it's significant enought that I'll truly see a difference in my pay check.  This is the first 'real' raise that I've gotten since I've been here.  Our raises are usually across the board and they usually suck...we got .5% or 1%, I can't remember which, last year.  And that was the first of that kind in 3 years.  I was really hoping that it would give me my motivation back.  Well, so far, it's not helping too much, lol.  I won't see the money until my end of July paycheck...so maybe when I see the money, I'll get my motivation,lol.  We are closing out our year and I hate this time.  People who have lollygagged around all year are in a panic now because they haven't done a darn thing and it drives me nuts.  Plus I have a million tedious things that I keep putting off...well mainly filing.  I hate to file and haven't done it in, well probably since January.  I'm out of room in my 'stacking' place so I kind of have to do it now. 

Sorry that was a long musing of nothing!  lol

• UO: (s/o a facebook comment) I don't mind making a different meal for Allison.

SA: I finally got a + OPK!  Yay!  But my temp didn't change.  WTF?  PCOS sucks...

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Loading the player...
  • SA: FILs funeral is tomorrow and as bad as this sounds I'm and ready for it to be over. It's been such a crazy week so it will be nice to come back to our home and spend time as our little family. poor DH has been so wrapped up in helping his mom with arrangements that he has been putting on a brave face all week. I know he just wants to break down and cry. I think once he's home he will be able to just let it all out without feeling like he has to be strong for everyone else.
  • imageMrMrsandBaby:

UO: (s/o a facebook comment) I don't mind making a different meal for Allison.

SA: I finally got a + OPK!  Yay!  But my temp didn't change.  WTF?  PCOS sucks...

Take this with a grain of salt, because I have never used an OPK, but from my lurking a + means you should ovulate in the next day or 2, so you still have time to see the temp jump.  Your temp should dip for ovulation (which might have happened) and then rise for 3 days which would confirm.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• UO: I like getting fancy clothes for my LO that she will only wear once (spend $$ on those things can be looked down on but whatever people)

SA: My DD has Hand, Foot and Mouth!! I am SO UPSET! Apparently she got it last week from something. It was contagious before the fevers start. She had fevers Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. Then today the rashes start. I was told that the rash will get worse before it gets better. There is nothing you can do for them, other then Tylenol for the fever when that is happening. I told her that she has not been sleeping well (wakes up screaming every hour-ish) and its prob bc she is uncomfortable. I feel SO bad! Parents can carry it too and not know it bc the symptoms are different for adults.

• I woke up without feeling like I wanted to puke and had the BEST bagel with cream cheese this morning for breakfast at work. Then I sat here lusting over how I would love another one but no one in my department knows I am pregnant. I would up convincing a friend of mine that knows to get me another bagel and I ate it at her desk! Yummmmmmmm :-)

• imageStophoney:
    I woke up without feeling like I wanted to puke and had the BEST bagel with cream cheese this morning for breakfast at work. Then I sat here lusting over how I would love another one but no one in my department knows I am pregnant. I would up convincing a friend of mine that knows to get me another bagel and I ate it at her desk! Yummmmmmmm :-)

• imageStophoney:
    I woke up without feeling like I wanted to puke and had the BEST bagel with cream cheese this morning for breakfast at work. Then I sat here lusting over how I would love another one but no one in my department knows I am pregnant. I would up convincing a friend of mine that knows to get me another bagel and I ate it at her desk! Yummmmmmmm :-)

• imageStophoney:
    imageStophoney:

Whoops I'm on the wrong board! Sorry haha

• SA- We bought new furniture for our new home- we only have enough money to furnish like 2 rooms- holy sticker shock! It will be BYOC (bring your own chair) at our home for awhile... 
    BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageStarbuck128:
    imageDaizyMay22:
    SA: FILs funeral is tomorrow and as bad as this sounds I'm and ready for it to be over. It's been such a crazy week so it will be nice to come back to our home and spend time as our little family. poor DH has been so wrapped up in helping his mom with arrangements that he has been putting on a brave face all week. I know he just wants to break down and cry. I think once he's home he will be able to just let it all out without feeling like he has to be strong for everyone else.

Your poor H! I hope he can find some time to himself this weekend. I hope he has a coworker in town who can take over any work emergencies.
    thank you. We're coming home tomorrow night and he won't go back to work until Tuesday so he'll have some time to unwind a bit. His boss and coworkers have been really supportive in covering his work load.
  • mkarnsmkarns member
    My favorite part of any online news story or blog is the comment section. I could spend hours "people watching" via reader commentary. Maybe that's why I like TB so much.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• If you are with a guy that doesn't take care of the kids he has from a previous relationship don't be suprised when they are a shtty father to yours. You and your kid won't be different! I'm sorry for your child but come on...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekarleegirl:
    If you are with a guy that doesn't take care of the kids he has from a previous relationship don't be suprised when they are a shtty father to yours. You and your kid won't be different! I'm sorry for your child but come on...

::applause::
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • mkarnsmkarns member

Definitely an UO that just crossed my mind as I heard a noise downstairs. Seriously opposite from the opinion of my friends: now that I have kid(s) I feel a strong urge to own a gun. Knowing what emergency response time is and how 911 has had people put on hold...I feel really vulnerable knowing I have no way to protect my babies. We are definitely getting a home alarm installed, but I want a gun as well. 

FWIW I fully intend to do safety training and keep it in a lock box in our bedroom (considering most break-ins occur at night).

My GFs have said before that they will not allow their children to be in a friends home if there is a gun present. I fully intend to tell them and risk having no visitors. 

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageMollySm:
    imageMrMrsandBaby:

UO: (s/o a facebook comment) I don't mind making a different meal for Allison.

Take this with a grain of salt, because I have never used an OPK, but from my lurking a + means you should ovulate in the next day or 2, so you still have time to see the temp jump.  Your temp should dip for ovulation (which might have happened) and then rise for 3 days which would confirm.  

i agree with Molly, you should ovulate 24 - 36 hours after your last positive OPK and many women have a temp dip on ovulation day, hopefully your temp will rise tomorrow and crosshairs in 3 days. 

Married 03/09
    TTC #1 02/11
    BFP #1 02/24/11 EDD 10/31/11 MC 03/02/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #2 05/30/11 EDD 02/07/12 Ava Grace born 02/01/12

TTC #2 08/14
    BFP #3 10/10/14 EDD 06/20/15 CP 10/15/14 

My Ovulation Chart
  • imagelancyjo:
    imagekarleegirl:
    If you are with a guy that doesn't take care of the kids he has from a previous relationship don't be suprised when they are a shtty father to yours. You and your kid won't be different! I'm sorry for your child but come on...
    ::applause::

Wait, have you two met my sister?!  She's been around...

Devil

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• I got two bonuses at work this week... one was financial, the other was a Kate Spade dress. :)
  • imageWhimslie:
    imageStarbuck128:
    SAI'm in a really bad mood. I was spitting mad at my MIL and now I'm just mad at myself for letting her walk all over me again. MIL dropped in unannounced during naptime yesterday.It took 15 months, but after explaining naptime and unannounced drop ins to her over, and over, and over to her, she finally understands that when she drops by during naptime she wakes up Cody, and she is aware of when naptime is.Now mind you, MIL lives 2 hours away. She does not accidentally show up in our driveway. Also, she proven time and time again she doesn't want to see me or Cody. She doesn't care about us at all.Yesterday she and BIL arrived during naptime. BIL has severe OCD and can't just walk into a house with two dogs and a toddler. The house needs to be especially well cleaned for him. This is a big giveaway that MIL knew she wouldn't be coming inside. She just wanted to wake up Cody.The dogs are barking and Cody starts screaming like he is scared our of his mind. In order to get them to leave ASAP, because she likes to hang out in the front yard if I don't answer, I open the door and tell her she woke up Cody, I need to try to get him back to sleep NOW, please leave. She takes a step forward like she's going to come in, because she often pushes her way in the house, and tells me she was wondering if I had a few minutes to visit. My, she's a sharp one. The dogs continue to bark because BIL is very, very creepy. MIL can hear Cody's terrified screams. I tell her no, to please leave and I try to close the door again.Now MIL craves intense moments like this. This is what she lives for. There I am begging her to leave, about to start crying, and her grandson is clearly in agony. Her royal highness can't just leave! This is why she came! This is the moment! She has to demand I ignore my son and help her! I HAVE to pay attention to HER! She stops me as I'm closing the door. She points to the old sneakers she's wearing. She has a smudge of dirt on the bottom and wants me to get her some damp paper towels so she can clean her shoes. Ah, there it is. There's her crown. No ones needs ever can come before her superficial wants.So I'm furious with myself for thinking once she understood we didn't like her unannounced visits that they would stop. I KNOW she loves making my life difficult. I KNOW she is evil. This is a woman I saw right in front of me, on two different occasions, deliberately do nothing to stop her son from killing himself. Even when he called begging for help because he was thinking about killing himself and she was just sitting at home, she refused to leave the house and help him. She didn't want to. Why do I have such a hard time wrapping my head around the fact, even with all the evidence to back it up, that a woman as sick, uncaring, and evil as her would go out of her way to be a PITA to me and my son just for kicks? As long as I can't accept that, I allow her to talk all over me, and that ticks me off.SAWe've been focusing on helping Cody learn to point, specifically to be able to keep his index finger extended while making a fist. He did it yesterday! This morning he pointed to things in a book and pointed to his nose when prompted. Yay!
    I got seriously stressed out reading about your MIL. I'm so sorry.

THIS PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH FOR YOU!!!

What an awful, awful woman. She sounds extremely toxic and like she shouldn't be in y'all's life. I am so sorry that she sucks so much! 

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • imageEmmaBoBemma:

imageWhimslie:
    imageStarbuck128:
    SAI'm in a really bad mood. I was spitting mad at my MIL and now I'm just mad at myself for letting her walk all over me again. MIL dropped in unannounced during naptime yesterday.It took 15 months, but after explaining naptime and unannounced drop ins to her over, and over, and over to her, she finally understands that when she drops by during naptime she wakes up Cody, and she is aware of when naptime is.Now mind you, MIL lives 2 hours away. She does not accidentally show up in our driveway. Also, she proven time and time again she doesn't want to see me or Cody. She doesn't care about us at all.Yesterday she and BIL arrived during naptime. BIL has severe OCD and can't just walk into a house with two dogs and a toddler. The house needs to be especially well cleaned for him. This is a big giveaway that MIL knew she wouldn't be coming inside. She just wanted to wake up Cody.The dogs are barking and Cody starts screaming like he is scared our of his mind. In order to get them to leave ASAP, because she likes to hang out in the front yard if I don't answer, I open the door and tell her she woke up Cody, I need to try to get him back to sleep NOW, please leave. She takes a step forward like she's going to come in, because she often pushes her way in the house, and tells me she was wondering if I had a few minutes to visit. My, she's a sharp one. The dogs continue to bark because BIL is very, very creepy. MIL can hear Cody's terrified screams. I tell her no, to please leave and I try to close the door again.Now MIL craves intense moments like this. This is what she lives for. There I am begging her to leave, about to start crying, and her grandson is clearly in agony. Her royal highness can't just leave! This is why she came! This is the moment! She has to demand I ignore my son and help her! I HAVE to pay attention to HER! She stops me as I'm closing the door. She points to the old sneakers she's wearing. She has a smudge of dirt on the bottom and wants me to get her some damp paper towels so she can clean her shoes. Ah, there it is. There's her crown. No ones needs ever can come before her superficial wants.So I'm furious with myself for thinking once she understood we didn't like her unannounced visits that they would stop. I KNOW she loves making my life difficult. I KNOW she is evil. This is a woman I saw right in front of me, on two different occasions, deliberately do nothing to stop her son from killing himself. Even when he called begging for help because he was thinking about killing himself and she was just sitting at home, she refused to leave the house and help him. She didn't want to. Why do I have such a hard time wrapping my head around the fact, even with all the evidence to back it up, that a woman as sick, uncaring, and evil as her would go out of her way to be a PITA to me and my son just for kicks? As long as I can't accept that, I allow her to talk all over me, and that ticks me off.SAWe've been focusing on helping Cody learn to point, specifically to be able to keep his index finger extended while making a fist. He did it yesterday! This morning he pointed to things in a book and pointed to his nose when prompted. Yay!

What an awful, awful woman. She sounds extremely toxic and like she shouldn't be in y'all's life. I am so sorry that she sucks so much! 

Seriously- she is scary. I responded to your drop in post yesterday saying I don't mind drop ins because anyone I know would NOT behave that way. I'm so sorry! 

BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJeanine88:
    imageEmmaBoBemma:

imageWhimslie:
    imageStarbuck128:

Seriously- she is scary. I responded to your drop in post yesterday saying I don't mind drop ins because anyone I know would NOT behave that way. I'm so sorry! 

For MIL Monday, can we all take turns writing letters to Starbuck's MIL?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"