June 2013 Moms

It's Thursday...U/O

Re: It's Thursday...U/O

• The new "style" of newborn photography creeps me out. Little naked babies posed and contorted makes me feel some kind of way. Also dressed up in little hats and props kind of freaks me out!
  • REWOP2REWOP2 member
    Although I don't post that much and I'm more of a lurker Myself, i can't help but side eye all the birth announcements coming from board members with two posts total. I still congratulate the poster, but come on do you really think anyone cares about your baby being born when you haven't said two words to anyone over the last 9 months? Post it to your FB page. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We're getting induced tonight at 8 and starting pitocin tomorrow because LO is nearly 2 weeks overdue... Not only am I sad that we have to induce and nervous for the whole experience, I'm going to miss being pregnant. It has been a really nice 9 (almost 10...) months making a human, and I'm in no real rush to deliver. Apparently, neither is LO.
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I hate the idea of "graduation" from everything. Preschool, kindergarten, junior high, etc. It's ridiculous.
  • imageAimRich:
    I hate the idea of "graduation" from everything. Preschool, kindergarten, junior high, etc. It's ridiculous.

This! Congrats on completing the easiest part of your life :
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • imageAimRich:
    I hate the idea of "graduation" from everything. Preschool, kindergarten, junior high, etc. It's ridiculous.

YES!!!! You get two graduations or more if you continue on in college but everything else......forget about it!!!
  • imageREWOP2:
    Although I don't post that much and I'm more of a lurker Myself, i can't help but side eye all the birth announcements coming from board members with two posts total. I still congratulate the poster, but come on do you really think anyone cares about your baby being born when you haven't said two words to anyone over the last 9 months? Post it to your FB page.nbsp;

I agree. It's the BUMP not the Baby.....
  • REWOP2REWOP2 member

imageJANCANDANCE:
    imageREWOP2:
    Although I don't post that much and I'm more of a lurker Myself, i can't help but side eye all the birth announcements coming from board members with two posts total. I still congratulate the poster, but come on do you really think anyone cares about your baby being born when you haven't said two words to anyone over the last 9 months? Post it to your FB page.nbsp;
    I agree. It's the BUMP not the Baby.....

YES! Head over to babies 0-3 if you want to make new friends and AW your kid at this point!!!

• imageAim&Rich:

Aw I LOVE preschool graduations! Especially when they wear little caps and gowns Smile  I always get teary

photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Out of all my time on the bump I still have no idea what U/O stands for
  • YakutYakut member

Thanks JANCANDANCE!

I'm tired of parents with kids expecting me to go on the outside part of the sidewalk when I pass them because their kids are there. My kid is more vulnerable than yours--he's not out yet, and my balance sucks, and I'm clearly pregnant, and you're not! (Especially if you are male.) I will stay on the inside, thanks, and I'm better at playing Sidewalk Chicken, so I win. 

One of the reasons I want to breastfeed is to lose weight.

I think push presents are awesome (not that I will get one because DH has no idea what they are and I can't bring myself to tell him). Everyone else in my social circle thinks they're ridiculous but me and makes fun of them regularly, and I haven't said anything. 

• YakutYakut member

imageJANCANDANCE:
    The new "style" of newborn photography creeps me out. Little naked babies posed and contorted makes me feel some kind of way. Also dressed up in little hats and props kind of freaks me out!

You and me both!

• This is probably more suited for Monday but I am mad...

I was all ready for my induction this morning. We were putting our shoes on to leave 20 Mins before we were supposed to be there and they cancelled.

I know other babies are being born but to be short staffed when they confirmed ten hours before is infuriating. Grrrr. They should be more organized.
  • imagemeshly92905:
    Out of all my time on the bump I still have no idea what U/O stands for

Unpopular opinion :)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• REWOP2REWOP2 member
    imageYakut:

Thanks JANCANDANCE!

I'm tired of parents with kids expecting me to go on the outside part of the sidewalk when I pass them because their kids are there. My kid is more vulnerable than yours--he's not out yet, and my balance sucks, and I'm clearly pregnant, and you're not! (Especially if you are male.) I will stay on the inside, thanks, and I'm better at playing Sidewalk Chicken, so I win. 

One of the reasons I want to breastfeed is to lose weight.

I think push presents are awesome (not that I will get one because DH has no idea what they are and I can't bring myself to tell him). Everyone else in my social circle thinks they're ridiculous but me and makes fun of them regularly, and I haven't said anything. 

I think push gifts are awesome too. While I get the whole baby is your gift, who doesn't like to be spoiled by their DH or SO. I think people who think their ridiculous probably don't get them. Flame away- I have my big girl pants on.  

• imageMrsHughesNC:

imagemeshly92905:
    Out of all my time on the bump I still have no idea what U/O stands for

Unpopular opinion :)

Thanks!!
  • REWOP2REWOP2 member

imageMufflerlove:
    This is probably more suited for Monday but I am mad... I was all ready for my induction this morning. We were putting our shoes on to leave 20 Mins before we were supposed to be there and they cancelled. I know other babies are being born but to be short staffed when they confirmed ten hours before is infuriating. Grrrr. They should be more organized.

Ohhhhhhh this would make me mad too:(  

• For the last two days my dh has been able to get things done...me, however, barely got a shower in. I'm sleep deprived, my nips hurt and my house is a disaster. I finally broke down last night to dh and he took care of Tanner while I napped for 2 hours.
  • imageMufflerlove:
    This is probably more suited for Monday but I am mad... I was all ready for my induction this morning. We were putting our shoes on to leave 20 Mins before we were supposed to be there and they cancelled. I know other babies are being born but to be short staffed when they confirmed ten hours before is infuriating. Grrrr. They should be more organized.

OMG...I would be livid.

I kind of like the idea of push presents too.  DH said something about getting me something for a push present (I can't believe he knew those words!) but I told him not to because it is silly.  I don't actually think it's silly though and I should have encouraged him.  He owes me!  Stick out tongue

I sort of think the newborn photos with props are cute!

And I'm one of those people that likes to celebrate everything....so I think the multi-graduations are cute too. They are graduating a certain phase in their lives. It's worth celebrating.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Here's my own UO....this whole Gluten Free fad that is sweeping the nation annoys the shitttt out of me.  I know one person...ONE...that legit has celiac disease/gluten allergy.  Everyone else has just hopped onto some trendy, weird diet thing.  It doesn't make you speshul to pretend to have a disease.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BC&LMBC&LM member
    imageJANCANDANCE:
    The new "style" of newborn photography creeps me out. Little naked babies posed and contorted makes me feel some kind of way. Also dressed up in little hats and props kind of freaks me out!

I have got another photography related one. The first time I saw the chalkboard bump pictures, I thought they were cute. Not something I would ever do, but cute. But now that I have probably seen hundreds of them between the Bump and some blogs I follow, I kind of roll my eyes every time I see one because I think they are getting a little played out now. With so many people doing them, they are no longer cute and creative to me but instead cliched.
  • imageJANCANDANCE:

I really thought I was alone in this. I can't put my finger on what it is about them that creeps me out because I still love seeing all the cute baby pictures, but I would much rather opt for the family photos with newborn.
  • Nix55Nix55 member
    imagekristinrae914:
    Here's my own UO....this whole Gluten Free fad that is sweeping the nation annoys the shitttt out of me.nbsp; I know one person...ONE...that legit has celiac disease/gluten allergy.nbsp; Everyone else has just hopped onto some trendy, weird diet thing.nbsp; It doesn't make you speshul to pretend to have a disease.

Me too!
  • Hmm... personally I like the idea of newborn photos, I'm not super into props, but we had a few for our maternity that I really liked. We keep things pretty simple with photography for us though. On the photography vein though, I think the US has gotten a bit over the top with photography sessions- from newborn to cake smash (1st birthday) to every graduation (which depending on your school setup can get crazy- my nephew will have 6 through undergrad), to birth photography to senior year sessions, to any of the special birthdays (cultural... like bar/bat miztvah, quincenara etc) to engagement to wedding and maternity and new home etc. I love photography and scrapbooking, but I personally don't need every one of those sessions to be an expensive session with a photographer. To each their own though.

imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • imagejennshea13:

imagekristinrae914:
    Here's my own UO....this whole Gluten Free fad that is sweeping the nation annoys the shitttt out of me.  I know one person...ONE...that legit has celiac disease/gluten allergy.  Everyone else has just hopped onto some trendy, weird diet thing.  It doesn't make you speshul to pretend to have a disease.

Oh me too!!! Everyone in my family (mostly the women) think they are all gluten-intolerant so at family gatherings there are always just as many gluten free options as regular. Luckily my immediate family and most of the men refuse to eat gluten free stuff, so there is always gluten full food when we get together haha 

I think alot of the diets "sweeping the nation" are seriously irritating and/or dangerous. Obviously there are people who need certain things removed from their diets (like gluten, or dairy) but I think some of these diets (like the one my co-workers are trying that has 0 fruit and grains) is not healthy either. My SIL tries diet after diet and I'm scared its hurting my brother and the kids- my brother is super tall and thin as it is, some of these diets she's put him on make him look like a refugee! I'm no medical expert, but I feel like moderation is the key for the average person, balanced with physical activity!

imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • imageAim&Rich:

THANK YOU and Agreed!  I have a lot of nieces and nephews and though we adore them, I'm tired of getting invitations to graduations for kindergarten, grade school, etc.  I think it is taking away from the ones such as high school, college, military, med school, etc.  I don't plan to "celebrate" my childrens' minor graduations through childhood years, or expect extended family to participate, but will absolutely praise their accomplishments personally as a family.

• Re: the newborn sessions.. We had ours this am little man was awake happy the whole time. I was very relieved because this pushed the session away from the creepy overly posed sleeping baby photos, and more towards loving family photos with a newborn. Much more my speed.

Bro, but look how many ants are on this trash can...
    Zach Rance 4 President

• YakutYakut member

imageCTGirl30:
    imageYakut:
    Thanks JANCANDANCE!I'm tired of parents with kids expecting me to go on the outside part of the sidewalk when I pass them because their kids are there. My kid is more vulnerable than yourshe's not out yet, and my balance sucks, and I'm clearly pregnant, and you're not! Especially if you are male. I will stay on the inside, thanks, and I'm better at playing Sidewalk Chicken, so I win.nbsp; One of the reasons I want to breastfeed is to lose weight.I think push presents are awesome not that I will get one because DH has no idea what they are and I can't bring myself to tell him. Everyone else in my social circle thinks they're ridiculous but me and makes fun of them regularly, and I haven't said anything.nbsp; nbsp;nbsp;
    Huh. I'd venture to guess your inside baby is a heck of a lot easier to prevent from dashing into traffic than other people's toddlers.

I guess I should have mentioned that these are people with carriages, so not quite dashing age yet.  Anybody in danger of dashing--heck yeah, that's different! But I'm talking about the people who plow their humungo carriages down the center/inside of the sidewalk and expect me to sort of inch along around them and hug the street, and I'm not gonna do that under my current physical circumstances.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"