Toddlers: 24 Months+

car seat for 3 1/2 yr old

a friend of mine is looking for a new car seat so i was wondering what you use for your 3 1/2 year old?

Thanks!  

Re: car seat for 3 1/2 yr old

• DD1 is not quite 3.5 but we have her in a Graco Nautilus, still harnessed. Once we figured out a small installation issue we love it.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • FF? I bought DS a Britax Frontier 90 recently and he loves it. Plus I'm thrilled to know it's the last seat I have to buy him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO is only 2 years old but we may soon exceed the weight limit on the current car seat so we most likely will get a convertible car seat to use.  One that hopefully he can't out grow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Britax Boulevard 70 in one car, Sunshine Kids Radian XLT(I think) in the other.  She's 3 and still rearfacing, though we may have to switch her soon due to height.
    IMG_8355
  • imageWulfgar:
    My LO is only 2 years old but we may soon exceed the weight limit on the current car seat so we most likely will get a convertible car seat to use.  One that hopefully he can't out grow.

Wait.  What?  What kind of car seat is your 2-year old in now if not in a convertible?

• A radian if still rear facing or need a slim car seat. The new frontier 90 looks awesome too.
  • Forward facing, my top 2 choices would be the Britax Frontier or Recaro ProSport, both in harness mode.

Rear facing I would choose the Graco MySize/Size4Me/Headwise or Diono Radian.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I have an Evenflo Tribute.  It is inexpensive but it works just fine.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • We use the Radian RXT, my DS is still rear facing in it and will be for probably another year and a half. We just bought a third car seat for my mom's car and decided to stick with the RXT, even though we'll probably forward face him in her car, the seat has high harness weight limits for forward facing.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We love our Britain frontier 85s, but with baby 3 on the way they are going to be too wide to do 3 across seating so I wish I had bought radians/dionos to begin with.  There is also a seat made by Harmony, only sold at Walmart that is similar to the frontier and nautilus for only $90-some dollars and its pretty narrow.
  • I am in love with the Graco Nautilus and it was recommended to me by a friend.  She shared a review she read with me that helped her to make a decision.  Here is the link to the article if you would like to learn more about this carseat.

https://www.squidoo.com/graco-nautilus-review

• imagetracy41:
    FF? I bought DS a Britax Frontier 90 recently and he loves it. Plus I'm thrilled to know it's the last seat I have to buy him.
    this. Plus they have a super cute hot pink that makes DD feel like a princess, lol. Seriously though, a lot of research went in, and I love this seat! DS would be in one too, but we needed a radian to fit 3 across. I love our radian rxt too, but wouldn't spend the money if it'll only be used FFing. We found the frontier for 199 on amazon which is pretty good!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"