March 2013 Moms

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• It is weird to bathe with your child.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love the duggar family. I can absolutely see how people may disagree with their choices [shoot, j don't want that many kids!] but it makes me mad when people are so harsh on them. They are all happy, well cared for and obviously like the large family idea since they have all said they want one as well. My point is, they gave managed to raise 19 kids, on their own, much much better than the majority of parents with 2 kids.

• Loading the player...
  • I really dislike new houses, especially in track developments.  I think they feel hollow and cold compared to old homes.  I also hate seeing perfectly beautiful wild areas bulldozed for this reason.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagePippaLee33:
    I really dislike new houses, especially in track developments.  I think they feel hollow and cold compared to old homes.  I also hate seeing perfectly beautiful wild areas bulldozed for this reason.  

agreed!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kota26Kota26 member
    I despise Nicholas Cage. When I see that smug look of his coupled with utter lack of acting talent I just want to break something.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate the new show "Pregnant and Dating"  These woman are so concerned about finding love when they have more important things to worry about.  Dating can wait.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    It is weird to bathe with your child.

Agreed. Now my hubby has put on shorts and sat in the tub holding dd so she can...insert mobile quotation here...swim bc she loves the water but I see that as something different entirely.
  • I think a lot of the reasoning behind people not leaving their babies overnight in the first 6mo or year is not really because they don't want to. I think they fear how others may perceive them as a parent.
    Now I'm not saying that this IS IN FACT the case....just something I think about.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't agree with the idea that just because a man works he is more entitled to sleep and relaxation than a SAHM (at least for the first year, unless the baby STTN at an early age like ours).  I always tell my husband "if I didn't stay home, we'd have to pay for daycare. so pretend that what I'm bringing in is daycare money, on top of how much money we save now that I cook more and we don't eat out, AND the money I bring in doing side work". 

I think all moms should be able to have at least a hour a day (their "break") where their husband watches the kid and they get to do something for them. Most men get lunch breaks at work, so why shouldn't moms?  Just because LO sleeps doesn't mean I'm not working when she is-laundry, cleaning, basic self maintence (like eating and showering...) all happens during naps! My hour is at 5 freaking AM when I workout but its still a hour a day that's just for me.....

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • This is a uo/semi vent.

If you choose to be a sahm I don't want to hear you whine about needing a break from your children. Also, if you've been home during the day your husband shouldn't come home from work and have to make dinner.

I have relatives exactly like this and it drives me insane! I would kill to be home with my girls. I enjoy them and want them with me all the time!

Edit: this wasn't in response to you vpgir! We must have posted at the same time. And the break from kids is more from school age kids.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • lol! That's funny. I agree with school age completely- well I can't even fathom being at home JUST AT HOME WITH NO KIDS and not working. Once our kid(s for possibly future siblings) is SA, I am DEF heading back to the workforce.

Mine was definitely more for SAHM with babies and who take care of the house. I think for SAHM with babies (ESPECIALLY those who don't STTN yet!) it's ridiculous to think that SAHM shouldn't get a small break from it, since (at least my husband) gets a braek from his job AND being a dad for at least 2+ hours a day (hits the gym after work, has a lunch break, relaxes for like 30 min in the morning watching shows AND watches 2 episodes of judge judy while eating dinner while I put LO down every day; plus she goes down at like 730 and he doesn't until 10 so theres that time also).  Our LO STTN so really I get all the sleep I need so that I can wake up at butt crack 0'thirty to workout and not feel like a zombie all day. BUT she right now only sleeps in 45 minute increments, so it definitely makes for more challenging days to get things done around the house, especially because she's fairly cranky around the afternoon since she's not taking long enough naps....so sometimes I just need a break from the crankiness!

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • imageVicki3203:
    This is a uo/semi vent. If you choose to be a sahm I don't want to hear you whine about needing a break from your children.

Do  you ever whine about your job? Because I'm a WM, and I choose to be a WM, but I sure as hell whine about it occasionally. I'd expect SAHMs would do the same!

I already posted one of my UOs on another board, but I cannot stand slogan clothing, like mommy loves me! daddy's hero! i pooped! (whatever, lol). I'm annoyed it's  hard to find normal clothing, especially for little boys.

• imageMrsWindyCity:

imageVicki3203:
    This is a uo/semi vent.

If you choose to be a sahm I don't want to hear you whine about needing a break from your children.

Do  you ever whine about your job? Because I'm a WM, and I choose to be a WM, but I sure as hell whine about it occasionally. I'd expect SAHMs would do the same!

I already posted one of my UOs on another board, but I cannot stand slogan clothing, like mommy loves me! daddy's hero! i pooped! (whatever, lol). I'm annoyed it's  hard to find normal clothing, especially for little boys.

Ahh I hate them! The worst are the ones that say, proof daddy got laid or my mom is hot.

• imageVPGIRL06:

lol! That's funny. I agree with school age completely- well I can't even fathom being at home JUST AT HOME WITH NO KIDS and not working. Once our kid(s for possibly future siblings) is SA, I am DEF heading back to the workforce.

Mine was definitely more for SAHM with babies and who take care of the house. I think for SAHM with babies (ESPECIALLY those who don't STTN yet!) it's ridiculous to think that SAHM shouldn't get a small break from it, since (at least my husband) gets a braek from his job AND being a dad for at least 2+ hours a day (hits the gym after work, has a lunch break, relaxes for like 30 min in the morning watching shows AND watches 2 episodes of judge judy while eating dinner while I put LO down every day; plus she goes down at like 730 and he doesn't until 10 so theres that time also).  Our LO STTN so really I get all the sleep I need so that I can wake up at butt crack 0'thirty to workout and not feel like a zombie all day. BUT she right now only sleeps in 45 minute increments, so it definitely makes for more challenging days to get things done around the house, especially because she's fairly cranky around the afternoon since she's not taking long enough naps....so sometimes I just need a break from the crankiness!

Totally agree with SAH with babies! That's tough work! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imagelkm2006:
    imageMrsWindyCity:

imageVicki3203:
    This is a uo/semi vent.

If you choose to be a sahm I don't want to hear you whine about needing a break from your children.

Ahh I hate them! The worst are the ones that say, proof daddy got laid or my mom is hot.
    How about the one that says 9 months ago Mommy read 50 Shades of Grey.
  • imagePippaLee33:
    I really dislike new houses, especially in track developments.  I think they feel hollow and cold compared to old homes.  I also hate seeing perfectly beautiful wild areas bulldozed for this reason.  

Yes! I hate house that all look the same. The one thing I REALLY hate about new developments are the tiny trees! Its so sunny/hot here that no trees also fries your grass. Blah. 

• I hate when women "fall in love" with EVERYONE they date.... even if they have a new/different boyfriend every month.
  • imagebookitup:

imageKota26:
    I despise Nicholas Cage. When I see that smug look of his coupled with utter lack of acting talent I just want to break something.

This seriously made me LOL. My husband totally agrees...he *hates* Nicholas Cage. 

He reminds me of Pee Wee Herman.
  • imagebookitup:
    My UO is that it drives me crazy when people use Facebook groups like Google. I belong to several cloth diapering and mommy groups, and people post questions constantly that would take them 2 seconds to Google.nbsp;ETA that's probably what drives people nuts on TB, too...but Facebook just seems so much more annoying for some reason...nbsp;

Ha! This was my UO elsewhere today, but you worded it nicer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageVicki3203:
    This is a uo/semi vent.If you choose to be a sahm I don't want to hear you whine about needing a break from your children. Also, if you've been home during the day your husband shouldn't come home from work and have to make dinner.I have relatives exactly like this and it drives me insane! I would kill to be home with my girls. I enjoy them and want them with me all the time!Edit: this wasn't in response to you vpgir! We must have posted at the same time. And the break from kids is more from school age kids.

Wow...this is just about as "unpopular" as it gets for me, but I guess that's the point! 

• [/quote/]  And when your husband gets home, you then coparent. They don't get a free pass just because their full time job is outside of the home. [/quote/]

This.  When DH comes home, if dinner isn't ready then he has two choices.  You can watch the kids or cook.  As soon as you walk in the door, it's 50/50.  

• I do. Most if the time I will take a shower before I get in with her. But if I don't before them I will wash after I bathe her. I just get the hot spots.
  • imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imagebookitup:

imageKota26:

This seriously made me LOL. My husband totally agrees...he *hates* Nicholas Cage. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imagebookitup:

imageKota26:

paul reubens is nothing like nicholas cage! i loved his show when i was a kiddo!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kota26Kota26 member
    imagebookitup:
    imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imagebookitup:

imageKota26:

image GIFSoup

*throws chair through patio glass door* Damn you Nicolas Cage!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • After a huge blow out fight, I wrote out my week day schedule for DH for him to SHUT UP and understand

430-Wake up, get dressed, check on LO

445-615-Workout

615-Take LO from DH if she's awake, or make some coffee and clean dishes

630/700-Make DH's breakfast, LO plays in her PnP

700-800-Play with LO, put her in monkey bouncer to take a shower

800-Feed LO, put her down

810-850- making and eat breakfast and do anything on internet that needs to be done (paying bills, or if im lucky, taking a 15 minute break) OR take a shower if I  couldn't earlier

850/900-LO is up.  Get her, change diaper, put in car to go to gym day care OR do errands like grocery shop, get formula, etc.

900-11-out of the house, doing big girl things

11-put LO down, feed her

11:10-11:50-do chores that need to be done. Cleaning bathroom, clean kitchen, laundry, etc. SOMETHING always needs to be done

11:50/12-LO is up. Get her, change diaper

12-2-Tummy time, make lunch for me while LO is in monkey bouncer/stroller seat/PnP, browse internet a little, give dog attention, pay attention to LO

2-put LO down, feed her

2-245-finish up chores, prep for dinner if necessary.

250/3-LO is up. Get her, change her diaper

3-4:30-Play with LO, take her outside, etc. Shes usually kind of cranky since her butt insists on taking these short naps SO she needs a lot more face time

4:30-either put LO in sling for a walk around or give her a couple oz and put her back down

4:30-5:15;500-start dinner if necessary, or hold LO for this nap since she's sometimes not tired enough to fall asleep on her own but needs to nap

5:00:515-LO is up. DH is usually home or on his way home from gym. Go for a family walk (either her in the stroller, or if we're going to store t ograb a diet soda in the sling)

5:45/6:00-make dinner. LO is either playing in PnP, DH is holding her if she's calm, or she's in the stroller seat watching me (she loves doing that). DH is usually watching TV

6:30ish-Dinner is ready. LO may or may not be having a melt down. Give her a couple oz to calm her bad self, eat dinner on the floor while entertaining LO so she doesn't flip. DH is still watching TV

645/7:00-start bed time routine. DH helps out 2-3 nights with an aspect. Either bath or bottle.

7:15/7:30-LO is down. I clean up OR eat dinner if I didn't get a chance to early. DH is watching TV or playing video games. I spend some time with him talking about his day

800/830-I head to bed since Im up early. Luckily LO STTN BUT if she were to get up at this point, DH would get her until he goes to bed at 10. If not, I'm up with her (usually around 11/12 or 2/3 IF she gets up in MOTN, which she never does)

--

he got the hint. no more complaining about me going to the gym on Saturdays.

• imagelkm2006:
    imageMrsWindyCity:

imageVicki3203:
    This is a uo/semi vent.

Yes! Like the one that says "I'm cute, mom's cute, dad's lucky". I mean, are you saying your husband isn't attractive and is lucky to be in your family?! I'd be hurt if it said the opposite about dad/baby/mom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagelkm2006:
    I love the duggar family. I can absolutely see how people may disagree with their choices [shoot, j don't want that many kids!] but it makes me mad when people are so harsh on them. They are all happy, well cared for and obviously like the large family idea since they have all said they want one as well. My point is, they gave managed to raise 19 kids, on their own, much much better than the majority of parents with 2 kids.

I agree!! Props to them, especially since they don't rely on any government assistance.  If you can do it - more power to you!

I can never think of any good UO's of my own, lol.

• imageJordynLeighx3:
    I think a lot of the reasoning behind people not leaving their babies overnight in the first 6mo or year is not really because they don't want to. I think they fear how others may perceive them as a parent. Now I'm not saying that this IS IN FACT the case....just something I think about.

Nah, I never leave my kids and it is simply because I am afraid something will happen to them and I won't be there.  It makes my heart ache to think of them hurt or sad without me being there.  It had nothing to do with the opinions of others!

• imagelkm2006:
    I love the duggar family. I can absolutely see how people may disagree with their choices [shoot, j don't want that many kids!] but it makes me mad when people are so harsh on them. They are all happy, well cared for and obviously like the large family idea since they have all said they want one as well. My point is, they gave managed to raise 19 kids, on their own, much much better than the majority of parents with 2 kids.

I totally agree with you - and they do it all with no debt and no help. They have seemingly respectful children who genuinely care about others, do community service and contribute to society.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• imageVicki3203:
    This is a uo/semi vent. If you choose to be a sahm I don't want to hear you whine about needing a break from your children. Also, if you've been home during the day your husband shouldn't come home from work and have to make dinner. I have relatives exactly like this and it drives me insane! I would kill to be home with my girls. I enjoy them and want them with me all the time! Edit: this wasn't in response to you vpgir! We must have posted at the same time. And the break from kids is more from school age kids.

lol I am a SAHM until September with an autistic, high-needs toddler and an infant. So I definitely need a break from them every so often. :)

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• imagelkm2006:

THANK YOU!  I love them too.  They are just good people, with good hearts, who get zero government assistance.  Why do people give them such a hard time?!  They make all of their own money and literally are the nicest people ever.  My dh's family are part of a church that reminds me of them, but they're 7,000 times more judgmental than the Duggar's. 

• imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    It is weird to bathe with your child.

I couldn't agree more.
  • imageVicki3203:
    imageVPGIRL06:

lol! That's funny. I agree with school age completely- well I can't even fathom being at home JUST AT HOME WITH NO KIDS and not working. Once our kid(s for possibly future siblings) is SA, I am DEF heading back to the workforce.

Totally agree with SAH with babies! That's tough work! 

It sure is tough work! My dd is colicky and doesn't sttn, screams in the car, always wants to be held and I have a torn rotator cuff making this difficult. I think it's important to get just a bit of me time to recoup after our hectic days! I let dh sleep at night but in the evening he can have some bonding time with our little hell raiser ;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"