March 2013 Moms

Suddenly spitting up?

My 12 week old daughter has acid reflux and has been on Zantac since about 6 weeks. Before the Zantac, she would spit up a lot, right after eating. After starting the medicine, she never spit up and now just since last week has started again. She had outgrown the dosage and on Monday they upped the dosage but it seems it has gotten worse since then which makes no sense. It doesn't happen right after she eats, maybe an hour or two later and not after every feeding. There has been no other changes, she is formula fed and is on the same formula she has always been on. She isn't fussy when she spits up, it doesn't seem to bother her at all. I can't come up with a pattern, its not when she's hot, although it has happened then, it just seems almost random. She is drooling a lot, not teething yet but not sure if this could have anything to do with it or not!

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed their LO spitting up more or having any ideas as to what could possibly be causing it. I've racked my brain and can't think of any reason!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Suddenly spitting up?

• I don't have any answers for my dd does this too!

She has silent reflux so she was never really a spitter but in recent weeks she has started to spit up sometimes. It's not a lot and doesn't bother her but its so odd that it's just now happening
  • My guy is a Late Feb baby, so a little older than yours, but in the past three weeks he has been spitting up a lot! He very rarely spat up his whole life before then! He is eating considerably more now than he used to, so I'm assuming that's why. Is your LO eating more?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD has been spitting up a lot lately too...no idea why.  It doesn't seem to bother her, so I don't really worry about it.  She never had reflux, and is EBF so I don't know what could have changed.  I guess she just likes to have her outfit changed multiple times a day... :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"