May 2012 Moms

Not walking yet?

Hi ladies :)

I never really posted here, but I wanted to ask if any of you have LOs who aren't walking yet?  My daughter started walking and running really well at 14 months, but she was standing on her own and taking 5-10 steps on her own by the time she was 12 months old.  My little guy isn't doing any of that.....he can pull himself up to standing and is cruising, but he can't stand on his own and hasn't taken any steps yet, even when holding our hands or a push toy.  I think he's just lazy haha!  Anyone else?

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

Re: Not walking yet?

• Nope. I keep feeling like we're just days away because she'll walk holding on to furniture or walking toys, stand in one place on her own for just a few wobbly seconds, but no walking.

I think for her it's more of a nervous thing. She'll stand holding on t o the couch and eye the coffee table which is just out of reach and you can see in her face she wants so badly to take that one step to make it reachable. Instead she drops to her knees and crawls then pulls herself back up on the table. I know she'll get there but she's hard enough to keep tabs on with how fast she can crawl, so I can deal with the limited mobility for now.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• My daughter turned 13 months yesterday and is actually in physical therapy for gross motor delay. She only scoots. She pulls herself up, but only on to her knees. Anyway, the physical therapist said that they don't consider "not walking" a delay until 15 months, so I wouldn't worry about it. She said that for a 12 month old standing on their own is considered normal for developmental age. As always, each baby will develop at their own pace. They will get there!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter is almost 14 months and has just started walking with push toys. She has been standing and cruising along things for a few weeks now. She didn't crawl until 11 months though
    Tara
  • lo is 13 months and is not walking yet but he did not crawl until about 11 months either, he is huge though, in the 100th percentile for weight and is strong so the doctor is not worried.
  • Mine is walking, but the average age for walking is actually 14 months.  As long as it happens before your LO is 18 months, it isn't considered delayed.  My 1st LO didn't walk until she was 13 1/2 months (and she went straight from standing up (no cruising) to running (not even walking--I am not exaggerating. My second LO walked at 12 months, but he was standing and cruising for a couple months before he walked.   

• All these responses just solidify that how babies and kids develop and progress is so individualized.

DD is just turning 13 months...she was standing at 6 months, and cruising at 8, walking holding onto our hands at 9 months... she didn't start a modifed crawl until close to a year (refused to crawl at all before that), but improved her cruising speed and balance between 9 months and 12months. She just started taking a few steps between pieces of furniture, or from furniture to me or DH in the last 2 weeks.

With as early as she was standing and cruising I thought for sure she would be walking by one year, but she has taken her time and now it looks like it will be more around 13.5-14months before she is really walking on her own.  

• Today my son is 14 months old, and he only started walking regularly this past Saturday. Now he is all over the place!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • imagelittleredfish:

Nope. I keep feeling like we're just days away because she'll walk holding on to furniture or walking toys, stand in one place on her own for just a few wobbly seconds, but no walking.

I think for her it's more of a nervous thing. She'll stand holding on t o the couch and eye the coffee table which is just out of reach and you can see in her face she wants so badly to take that one step to make it reachable. Instead she drops to her knees and crawls then pulls herself back up on the table. I know she'll get there but she's hard enough to keep tabs on with how fast she can crawl, so I can deal with the limited mobility for now.

My LO seems more cautious as well.  OP, maybe that is the case for your LO too?  My DD walked on her own shortly after for first birthday but my DS is taking his time he has been cruising for a few weeks and just started using push toys alone this week.  This week he has also started walking short distances holding our hands.  He is slowly getting there.  I thought by now he would be walking like my DD.  He didn't start crawling until 11 months though so I guess it may take him longer to walk too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"