Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Could the doctor's have been wrong?

I had my D&C yesterday and when my sister asked me how it went - she also asked me if they did another ultrasound before the procedure to check one more time that it was not viable.  

I got my positive test on May 1 which is 5 weeks after my last period.  I had ultrasound on May 22nd (HCG level this day was 21k) that showed gestation sac, yolk sac and fetal pole - no heartbeat.  2 weeks later I had another ultrasound (HCG level this day was 78000) and it showed the same thing - no change.   Went to a radiology center 4 days after that (HCG level was still at 78000) and he diagnosed it as a miscarriage.  I thought that was enough for me to come to terms with having a non-viable pregnancy.

Now after my sister's comment -I'm wondering if they were wrong or something?  Is this just a way of accepting this and my brain is doing mean things?   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Could the doctor's have been wrong?

• Options

First off, I am sorry for your loss.  This early in pregnancy, there is a lot of change and growth from week to week.  If there was no change in a 2 week period, I think it is safe to say that your pregnancy was not viable.

In my case, I went in for my first US out 10 weeks and found out that the baby had stopped developing at 6.  We saw the same thing you did, yolk sack, fetal pole, no heartbeat.  My doctor waited a week and did a follow up US, which showed the same thing.  I had a D&C that afternoon. 

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options

I agree with PP.  After waiting two weeks, there should have been some change.  If your sister didn't go to the ultrasounds with you, she wouldn't have been able to see and process things over time like you did.  

I'm sorry for your loss.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  There should be a heartbeat at six weeks already. If at eight and ten weeks there was no heartbeat and no change between those times, that was definitely not a viable pregnancy. Please don't beat yourself up further, another u/s wouldn't have helped in any way. 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    Thanks!  Just needed some reassurance!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"