June 2013 Moms

Any "good" inductions?

I am most likely going to be induced tomorrow for a number of reasons. It's the absolute last thing I wanted due to my first birth being a horrible induction experience. Has anyone had a good experience with an induction? If so, what method(s) were used and was an epidural or other drugs involved? Any insight would be much appreciated!
TTC#2 for 13 months - 5th round of clomid did it! BFP 10/2/12 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any "good" inductions?

• I had an amazing induction experience on Sat. Got to hospital not knowing if anything was happening down there. I was 1 cm 60 effaced with a soft cervix. Pitocin started at 7:40. Got the epidural around 1:30. I was only dilated to a 3. By 5:30 I was a 67 and an hour later I was a 10 and ready to push. I pushed for an hour and now I have a beautiful healthy girl. About 12 hours from start to finish. Best wishes to you!
  • I was 3cm and 80 percent effaced, did not want drugs but ended up Oking cervadil. Within an hr I was making progress so they broke my water and contractions became very intense. I got the epi and also did 1 hr of pushing. 7.5 hrs from induction to baby! And no pictocin!

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Mine was amazing with DS. Got pitocin at 9:30 am, they broke my water at 11:30am, got my epidural at 1:30 pm and DS was born at 7:00 pm after an hour of pushing. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagechristaman:
    I had an amazing induction experience on Sat. Got to hospital not knowing if anything was happening down there. I was 1 cm 60 effaced with a soft cervix. Pitocin started at 7:40. Got the epidural around 1:30. I was only dilated to a 3. By 5:30 I was a 67 and an hour later I was a 10 and ready to push. I pushed for an hour and now I have a beautiful healthy girl. About 12 hours from start to finish. Best wishes to you!

Forgot to mention when nurse checked me in the morning she swept my membranes and the dr broke my water before we started pitocin.
  • I was induced last Wednesday at 3cm 70 effaced... first drop of pitocin was at 1254 pm and my son Nathaniel was born at 343pm 2 hrs and 49 mins later : I was also induced last May for my middle son and that labor was 5hrs 5mins start to finish. Last year I labored in bed and honestly the contractions were far worse then compared to this time around when I was up and moving. The baby wouldn't tolerate my contractions sitting down and when I needed a break from walking around my room and doing side to side lunges through the contractions, my nurses had me on all fours on the bed. I was at a 6 when I went on all fours and literally 15 mins later I was pushing. I had one shot of fentanol sp but it was administered when I got on all fours so I'm not sure how effective that was. So I highly suggest moving around even if you don't want to! I feel it made all the difference in the pain level and the speed of labor! Good luck :
  • I was induced and everything went well excluding having both a vaginal birth and c section. But I had twins so that is a little different. I was given a folly bulb, then Pitocin, and an epidural.
  • I was induced 12 days ago and have a precious baby boy and was able to have a vaginal delivery. I went in the night before for cervadil pitocin started at 7am water broken at 8am. I got my Epi around 130pm and was only dilated to about a 4 at 4pm I took a 30 min nap and woke up with intense pressure I was at a 9.5 it was time to push. I only pushed for 15 min! Not to bad I don't think
  • I had a fantastic induction with my daughter. I was 4.5 cm dilated already, and having contractions when I got there though on my due date. They broke my water, started pit and I got the epi all pretty much at the same time. 3.5 hours later she was born after one tiny push. I'd love to have that experience again! GL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Was given cytotec at 6 and rested until 12 when MW broke my water and my son was born 1.5 hrs later.
    With my first one my water broke on its own and had to do pit because contractions never started, it was about 5 hrs with no meds because I had HELLP. Reason I was induced early with 2
  • Thank you all SO much! I have an appt this morning to discuss my options and I feel so much better about the possibility of being induced. This is just one of those times it really helps to focus on good, positive stories, thank you for providing them!

TTC#2 for 13 months - 5th round of clomid did it! BFP 10/2/12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • LiLi23LiLi23 member

All in all, my induction was great.  I went in the night before and they started me on cervadil around 7:30/8 and gave me an ambien to try to sleep.  (Which in hindsight I should have just given in and slept.  I was so anxious even the ambien didn't really work.)  The next morning, around 8ish, they took out the cervadil and got me ready for pit.  My dr came in and broke my water.  At about 3/4 cm I got an epi.  (The only thing I really can complain about was how numb the epi made my right side. I couldn't use my right leg at all and still felt the contractions on my left side somewhat. Which actually helped a bit when it came time to push, though.)

I pushed for about a half an hour and my daughter was born at 1:14 in the afternoon.  Pretty fast if you ask me.  If I have to be induced again, I might try to reconsider the epi, only bc of how it really only worked on one side anyway.  That was REALLY freaky.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• I was induced on the 6th. Went in at 4cm 80percent. Pitocin started at 9:45am, broke my water at 10:45am, epidural was in at 11:45a, John was born at 3:13pm after about an hr of pushing.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• Thanks to everyone for the positive stories. I went in today and denied scheduling an induction but don't think they're going to let me get away with that forever ;)
    image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"