Health & Exercise

6/17: Weekly Accountability Check In!

Weekly Accountability Check In!

Week Eleven: 6/17

Here we go with week eleven and will have a weekly Monday check in! Please feel free to post your weight loss goals, fitness or healthy eating goal or obstacles, as well as victories and encouragement to others!

If this is your the first check in, please do an intro and list what you are trying to achieve and need help with! Thank for participating!

The last check in was awesome! Thank you for making it amazing! Let's make this week great too!

Please feel free to check in anytime during the week! It doesn't have to be on Monday.

Carly
(Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Re: 6/17: Weekly Accountability Check In!

• I am about to get AF spotting so no weight change. I did great on eating and exercise except for yesterday at the Father's Day cookout we had at our house. I had a piece of custard pie. We'll see after the period bloat is gone in a week or so if I've lost anything. I threw my back out this morning so it will be a rough week but I'm trying to stay positive. I hope everyone had a great week!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Hello all! I stop in from time to time and I've posted a couple times, but I have not formally introduced myself. My apologies! I'm 28 weeks and 4 days and I am thankful that I am still able to be quite active. I am constantly reminded how different everyone's pregnancy is and how blessed I am to be able to do what I can at this point. My husband is a personal trainer with a BS in nutrition science and although I am a HS teacher, I was also a strength and conditioning coach throughout college and I currently coach, so we're a pretty active family. Both of our moms are registered dietitians, so we come from homes focused on eating right and fueling the body to perform.

Staying active and healthy throughout my pregnancy is very important to me, as it is to most moms-to-be, and I've had some great and some very challenging experiences so far. I love to offer feedback if I have had relevant experience and I have enjoyed seeing what experiences others are having. I've noticed that this board isn't visited as often as others, but I hope to have a great journey through the end of pregnancy on and to regaining my pre-pregnancy fitness and activity with all of you! 

My overall goal is to keep my weight gain in the healthy range and to stay active through to the time when we meet our LO.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • It was ok. I skipped yoga one day last week so I could go to the spa for half the day.  This last weekend was kinda bad with food because of my mom's bday and father's day.  I'm gonna make sure I get in all my exercise this week.  I think AF may start to, so I probably won't even weigh this week.
  • imageLiveNLove44:
    Hello all! I stop in from time to time and I've posted a couple times, but I have not formally introduced myself. My apologies! I'm 28 weeks and 4 days and I am thankful that I am still able to be quite active. I am constantly reminded how different everyone's pregnancy is and how blessed I am to be able to do what I can at this point. My husband is a personal trainer with a BS in nutrition science and although I am a HS teacher, I was also a strength and conditioning coach throughout college and I currently coach, so we're a pretty active family. Both of our moms are registered dietitians, so we come from homes focused on eating right and fueling the body to perform. Staying active and healthy throughout my pregnancy is very important to me, as it is to most momstobe, and I've had some great and some very challenging experiences so far. I love to offer feedback if I have had relevant experience and I have enjoyed seeing what experiences others are having. I've noticed that this board isn't visited as often as others, but I hope to have a great journey through the end of pregnancy on and to regaining my prepregnancy fitness and activity with all of you!nbsp;My overall goal is to keep my weight gain in the healthy range and to stay active through to the time when we meet our LO. nbsp;

Welcome and good luck!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imagevlagrl29:
    It was ok. I skipped yoga one day last week so I could go to the spa for half the day. nbsp;This last weekend was kinda bad with food because of my mom's bday and father's day. nbsp;I'm gonna make sure I get in all my exercise this week. nbsp;I think AF may start to, so I probably won't even weigh this week.

Sounds like you did great! Keep up the good work and boo for AF!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Hey ladies!

I am sorry for those of us with AF on the way me too I made the mistake of weighing myself and I am up almost 1kg WTF. I ran 2 or 3 times with week 6 to 7km and walked for an hour on 4 days it was a rainy week so I lazyied out of 1 run and now I feel bad for that due to the weighin.

I didn't get around to my fitnessPal this week busy with the triplets will be my excuse.

Eating I was doing so well. Salads for lunch and mostly veg for suppers too with some protein and a small amount of carbs but than I messedup with a chips craving. Not good.

I will try harder this week. Off to our walk, the LO really enjoy it which is great for me.

Have a great week and keepup the fitness ladies.
  • I was really up and down this week.  I need to get in a groove.  When I weighed in this morning I had lost about half a pound.  Right now I feel like I'm in survival mode and need to take the leap into productivity, if that makes any sense.  My goal for this week is to exercise 4 times (30 minutes of cardio).  I think if I can do that for a few weeks I might add another goal.  Thanks for the support!
    "When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." -Shakespere
  • Food wise I have not cheated on anything this week! I'm really into clean eating, and finding healthy recipes. We rarely eat out so it is easy to eat healthy. I made it into our gym most days, did p90x with DH all last week, followed by a 15 minute jog on the treadmill. My goal is to lose 7 to 10 pounds and then I will be happy, currently I have lost 10 from prepregnancy. Hope everyone has a good week!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've been focusing more on weights than cardio so the scale hasn't moved but I feel like my belly looks flatter. My fifth wedding anniversary is in three weeks. I am four pounds from my wedding day weight; I would love to lose it by them. Confession: I may be super lame and try on my wedding dress to see if it still fits.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemommaoftrips:
    Hey ladies!

I am sorry for those of us with AF on the way me too I made the mistake of weighing myself and I am up almost 1kg WTF. I ran 2 or 3 times with week 6 to 7km and walked for an hour on 4 days it was a rainy week so I lazyied out of 1 run and now I feel bad for that due to the weighin.

I didn't get around to my fitnessPal this week busy with the triplets will be my excuse.

Eating I was doing so well. Salads for lunch and mostly veg for suppers too with some protein and a small amount of carbs but than I messedup with a chips craving. Not good.

I will try harder this week. Off to our walk, the LO really enjoy it which is great for me.

Have a great week and keepup the fitness ladies.

You did great. Sounds like extra weight may just be AF bloat.
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imagesoexcited317:
    I was really up and down this week. nbsp;I need to get in a groove. nbsp;When I weighed in this morning I had lost about half a pound. nbsp;Right now I feel like I'm in survival mode and need to take the leap into productivity, if that makes any sense. nbsp;My goal for this week is to exercise 4 times 30 minutes of cardio. nbsp;I think if I can do that for a few weeks I might add another goal. nbsp;Thanks for the support!

Hey, you lost weight and that's awesome!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    Food wise I have not cheated on anything this week! I'm really into clean eating, and finding healthy recipes. We rarely eat out so it is easy to eat healthy. I made it into our gym most days, did p90x with DH all last week, followed by a 15 minute jog on the treadmill. My goal is to lose 7 to 10 pounds and then I will be happy, currently I have lost 10 from prepregnancy. Hope everyone has a good week!

Sounds like you're doing awesome!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imageArcadia1114:
    I've been focusing more on weights than cardio so the scale hasn't moved but I feel like my belly looks flatter. My fifth wedding anniversary is in three weeks. I am four pounds from my wedding day weight; I would love to lose it by them. Confession: I may be super lame and try on my wedding dress to see if it still fits.

That is awesome and trying on your dress isn't lame at all.
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• ajbookajbook member
    New to this board. FTM due Sept 17 with a girl. Started running organized track in 4th grade and haven't stopped running since. I mostly run 5k and half marathons but I've done a few other races too. I am an assistant cross country and track coach as well.

My pregnancy fitness goal is to stay active. I've been able to complete two half marathons so far and will be doing my third and final one of this pregnancy in July. My cross country team meets three days a week for "fun runs" where I have taken on the role of coaching the slowest kids, because my pace has slowed significantly.

This week the goal is 4 days of running, with at leats one 5 mile day, and one day of Zumba. 1 run and 1 Zumba class down...off to a good start!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
  • imageAjboocher:
    New to this board. FTM due Sept 17 with a girl. Started running organized track in 4th grade and haven't stopped running since. I mostly run 5k and half marathons but I've done a few other races too. I am an assistant cross country and track coach as well.

My pregnancy fitness goal is to stay active. I've been able to complete two half marathons so far and will be doing my third and final one of this pregnancy in July. My cross country team meets three days a week for "fun runs" where I have taken on the role of coaching the slowest kids, because my pace has slowed significantly.

This week the goal is 4 days of running, with at leats one 5 mile day, and one day of Zumba. 1 run and 1 Zumba class down...off to a good start!

It sounds like you are doing amazing! Congrats on having a girl!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Everyone sounds like they are pretty much on track with their goals. Way to go! I spent most of last week recovering from our vacation which we barely got to have. My son, myself and H all got the stomach flu at different times. Dog walking has been my exercise this week. (:  Oh, and today my son and I spent over an hour swimming. I wish I could wear my fitbit in the water! I will be getting back to my interval incline walks 4 to 5 days a week  now that things are getting back to normal. Happy exercising! 

imageimageimage

• imageATXMamaDoll:
    Everyone sounds like they are pretty much on track with their goals. Way to go! I spent most of last week recovering from our vacation which we barely got to have. My son, myself and H all got the stomach flu at different times. Dog walking has been my exercise this week. : nbsp;Oh, and today my son and I spent over an hour swimming. I wish I could wear my fitbit in the water! I will be getting back to my interval incline walks 4 to 5 days a week nbsp;now that things are getting back to normal. Happy exercising!nbsp;

I'm sorry a stomach bug messed up your vacation!It sounds like your on track and I hope everyone is feeling better!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• salt78salt78 member

This is my first check in. Hi. I'm Salt and I enjoy your positivity. :)

I'm not trying to lose weight, but if I happened to that would be okay. Ultimately I'm training for my first half marathon in October and have a few other shorter races coming up as well. My current routine consists of running 16 miles a week and two yoga classes (usually Bikram and aerial yoga), plus walks in the evening with DD and some strengthening exercises after she goes to bed. 

I could always use tips on eating better. I work full time so sometimes I am just super lazy in the evening and need easy, fast, healthy dinner ideas.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagesalt78:

I'm not trying to lose weight, but if I happened to that would be okay. Ultimately I'm training for my first half marathon in October and have a few other shorter races coming up as well. My current routine consists of running 16 miles a week and two yoga classes (usually Bikram and aerial yoga), plus walks in the evening with DD and some strengthening exercises after she goes to bed. 

I could always use tips on eating better. I work full time so sometimes I am just super lazy in the evening and need easy, fast, healthy dinner ideas.

sounds like we have a similar workout routine, although I don't run as much as you. I do attend 2 yoga classes a week as well:  asthanga and a combo class.  I love it.  I had to stop lifting weights due to an umbilical hernia and yoga just seemed like the next best thing to do. 

as for meal planning when you are busy or tired, we use the crock pot for those nights or I make a meal with another day of leftovers. 

• I haven't weighed myself lately but I should...maybe tomorrow. I've done ok with eating. Last week was recovery week on insanity so the workouts weren't as excruciating. Today marks day 3 of month 2 on insanity and its 10 times harder!! I am so sore and I get a little frustrated that I can't do some of the moves. I know I'm just starting this month so ill get better, but I still can't help getting a little mad. Hopefully by the end of this 30 days, I can do the side push-ups and balance push-ups with no problem.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • salt78salt78 member
    imagevlagrl29:

sounds like we have a similar workout routine, although I don't run as much as you. I do attend 2 yoga classes a week as well:  asthanga and a combo class.  I love it.  I had to stop lifting weights due to an umbilical hernia and yoga just seemed like the next best thing to do. 

as for meal planning when you are busy or tired, we use the crock pot for those nights or I make a meal with another day of leftovers. 

I love Ashtanga too! The class I attend is at a weird time though and I can rarely get to it. Yoga is the best. :)

And thank you for the tip! I really need to get a new crockpot as I completely destroyed our old one earlier this year. Embarrassed

• imagesalt78:
    imagevlagrl29:

I love Ashtanga too! The class I attend is at a weird time though and I can rarely get to it. Yoga is the best. :)

And thank you for the tip! I really need to get a new crockpot as I completely destroyed our old one earlier this year. Embarrassed

Also bertolli meals are quick and easy and you can find buitoni pasta in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. 

• imagevlagrl29:
    imagesalt78:

Hey ladies,

I don't do yoga but I am a runner too. I am on track for 25 miles this week and I am planning on doing a 10km in the fall. It's been so exhilaraling getting back into running.
    For me when I was 7 weeks pregnant with triplets, I was told to stop due to a subchorionic hemotoma. I used to see women running and feel so sad. But now I am back!!!!

I do want to try yoga, what kind would you recommend? Thanks.
  • imagemommaoftrips:
    imagevlagrl29:
    imagesalt78:

Hey ladies, I don't do yoga but I am a runner too. I am on track for 25 miles this week and I am planning on doing a 10km in the fall. It's been so exhilaraling getting back into running. For me when I was 7 weeks pregnant with triplets, I was told to stop due to a subchorionic hemotoma. I used to see women running and feel so sad. But now I am back!!!! I do want to try yoga, what kind would you recommend? Thanks.

If you want something that keeps your heart rate up either vinyasa or asthanga will work.  I literally sweat more doing this type of yoga than lifting weights.  It's crazy. I also love my yoga combo class.  If you have never done yoga you might want to start with a basics class so you can learn all the moves first. 

• salt78salt78 member
    imagevlagrl29:
    imagemommaoftrips:
    imagevlagrl29:
    imagesalt78:

Hey ladies, I don't do yoga but I am a runner too. I am on track for 25 miles this week and I am planning on doing a 10km in the fall. It's been so exhilaraling getting back into running. For me when I was 7 weeks pregnant with triplets, I was told to stop due to a subchorionic hemotoma. I used to see women running and feel so sad. But now I am back!!!! I do want to try yoga, what kind would you recommend? Thanks.

If you want something that keeps your heart rate up either vinyasa or asthanga will work.  I literally sweat more doing this type of yoga than lifting weights.  It's crazy. I also love my yoga combo class.  If you have never done yoga you might want to start with a basics class so you can learn all the moves first. 

I agree with the above. If you are super new to yoga, I would suggest finding a hatha class that is either all-level or beginner oriented just so you can get a feel for it. Then maybe branch into classes that are heated if you want to try that. The heat in the room makes your muscles feel amazing and I can bend so much farther when I'm super warm. (My usual vinyasa class is heated to 90 and Bikram is 105 or above. It's amazing, but definitely not for everyone.)

Whatever you decide, I hope you end up loving it! I consider it one of the very best things I've ever done for myself! (It's excellent if you are into running as well!)

• Sorry I haven't checked in much this week ladies between AF and my back and neck injury acting up, I have been useless. It sounds like everyone is doing great. This has been a really great accountability post week. Thank you so much for keeping it going!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"