February 2013 Moms

Baby girl dresses

DD has several dresses that didn't come with little panties/bloomers/whatever they're called. I haven't put the dresses on her yet because honestly, I don't really like the idea of putting her in just a dress and a diaper. It seems like her diaper should be covered. The two pairs of bloomers we do have are both navy blue and don't go with a lot of her dresses.

Am I overthinking this? How do other moms of girls handle it? Is a dress and diaper acceptable, or do you think there should be bloomers or tights over the diaper?

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

Re: Baby girl dresses

• You can find diaper covers online. I'd try amazon.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just never put her in a dress. I will when she can walk.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • a&s05a&s05 member
    I always borrow from another dress set if she's wearing a dress or skirt that didnt come with a bloomer. I feel like it looks sloppy without. You can but a onesie on underneath to cover the diaper in a pinch if you don't want to buy bloomers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Runt uses a white bloomer or I have a bunch of baby tights.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in the same camp.. I prefer to use a diaper cover.

We have a lot of hand me downs and I threw them away not knowing what they were.. Woops! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I use bloomers too.  Most dresses have one tat matches, but for those that don't, I have a few white ones with her monogram on them.
  • Am I the only one who doesn't always use bloomers?  DD wears cloth diapers and I try to match her diaper to her dress, or if I have a cover, I use it, but I don't worry about it.

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

• imageLJM0521:
    Am I the only one who doesn't always use bloomers?  DD wears cloth diapers and I try to match her diaper to her dress, or if I have a cover, I use it, but I don't worry about it.

I cloth diaper as well. So if I don't have the bloomers to match I will try to match with the diaper. 

Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • imagebabywisher:

imageLJM0521:
    Am I the only one who doesn't always use bloomers?  DD wears cloth diapers and I try to match her diaper to her dress, or if I have a cover, I use it, but I don't worry about it.

I cloth diaper as well. So if I don't have the bloomers to match I will try to match with the diaper. 

This! Cloth diapers are cute and don't look like "underwear". They already look like bloomers. Disposables are so icky looking...and this is from a sposie mom so I'm not hatin'! Definitely don't think you need bloomers over cloth. ::mobile smiley::
  • a13049a13049 member
    We got a super cute set of monogrammed bloomers for dd. I love them

• I just make sure to buy a couple outfits that come with a white and pink bloomers. Then I can reuse them for the random dresses that dont come with them. But I always put some on, I hate how the diaper looks sticking out
    Me 33, DH 33, Charlotte 5, Ethan 3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"