TTC After a Loss

talking to the doc didn't go as well as hoped....

Mobile bumping so no paragrahs, I apologize In advance. So yeah, went in for my cooch scrape, talked to her about the pain I have been having in my left ovary and she put her fingers up there and pushed down on the area of my ovary and said, "yeah it feels a bit bigger than it should, don't be alarmed let's just see what the pap says." Okay so whatever on that.... I bring up about my lap/hsg/possible septum resection and told her that my insurance deductable is now $1500 rather than the $7500 back in October and she said that my deductible still needs to be paid in full before my surgery is scheduled.... Yeah so now I'm in tears because I don't just have $1500 just lying around for a rainy day YKWIM. So that means however much longer being TTA.... I just feel defeated.... Sorry this became long winded and Thank you so much ladies for all the t and p and good vibes sent for me today! Love you girls!
(USE TO BE, WISH2BEMOMMY). 1st BFP ever Aug. 16, 2010.... 1st OB appt. Sept. 8, 2010, u/s showed poss. blighted ovum.... b/w 9/8/10 22,698 b/w 9/10/10 14,521.... mmc confirmed, started naturally m/c 9/15/10, d & c 9/16/10 I love you my precious monkey!! 2nd BFP March 2011.... c/p, miss you lil one!! 3rd BFP Nov. 20, 2011, subcornial hemorrhage detected 11/24/11 heartbeat found.... LO's heartbeat lost 11/25/11.... d & c 11/26/11..... I love and miss you so much baby!!!! C/P 4/26/12.... gone before I knew you.... off BCP 10-1-13.. BFP 11-20-13.. SCH for 7 weeks.. 3-4-14: It's a Girl!.. 4-22-12 emergency cerclage placed..7-7-14 cerclage removed at 36w.. delivered Lillian Marie 7-28-14..
 "An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth"

Our TTCAL Blog--Newbies and Lurkers Please Read!

♥♡♥ PAL/PGAL welcome♥♡♥

Re: talking to the doc didn't go as well as hoped....

• EKGibsEKGibs member
    I'm so sorry. ((((HUGS))))
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• kiki4kiki4 member
    I'm so sorry the appointment didn't go as you'd hoped. It really bothers me that she was so flippant about the pain you're experiencing and the fact that your left ovary felt bigger than it should. Is there another practice you could go to for a second opinion? Possibly someone who would be willing to work out a payment schedule for you?  ((hugs))
    BFP 1/19/12 No heartbeat at 7w4d 3rd dose Cytotec 3/1/12
    *PGAL/PAL Welcome*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

My Ovulation Chart

• Loading the player...
  • imagekiki4:
    I'm so sorry the appointment didn't go as you'd hoped. It really bothers me that she was so flippant about the pain you're experiencing and the fact that your left ovary felt bigger than it should. Is there another practice you could go to for a second opinion? Possibly someone who would be willing to work out a payment schedule for you?  ((hugs))

This, I agree with kiki.

Did she schedule a US to take a look or is she going to wait for the results?

So there are a couple of options I can think of for the financial problem. Firstly, I don't know the state where you live but at least the couple of states I have lived in you can arrange a payment plan with the practice. I was under the impression that this was a federal thing anyway. Ask the billing department of the hospital, I wouldn't take what the OB said seriously until I did.

Secondly, if you do not want to wait there are medical loans available. I have not looked into this before, but my SIL is using one to pay for her PCOS medication. I think it might have been called care card or something like that. 

::hugs:: I hope this helps! 

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekiki4:

All of this.  I am sorry to hear about the lousy appointment.  Your doc sounds like a real gem!

TTC since October 2012

BFP#1 1/11/13, EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy 

BFP#2 11/12/13, DS born 7/28/14!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chart

Everyone is welcome

• imageSerenla:

imagekiki4:

This, I agree with kiki.

So there are a couple of options I can think of for the financial problem. Firstly, I don't know the state where you live but at least the couple of states I have lived in you can arrange a payment plan with the practice. I was under the impression that this was a federal thing anyway. Ask the billing department of the hospital, I wouldn't take what the OB said seriously until I did.

Secondly, if you do not want to wait there are medical loans available. I have not looked into this before, but my SIL is using one to pay for her PCOS medication. I think it might have been called care card or something like that. 

Thank yall for your helpful info! No, she hasn't scheduled an US she said let's just see what the pap says first. I truly love this doc but here lately she has become a bit flakey :'( I will definitely look into medical loans and secomd opinions. Thank yall again! Yall rock!! (yall haha, I'm southern, please dont judge lol)
    (USE TO BE, WISH2BEMOMMY). 1st BFP ever Aug. 16, 2010.... 1st OB appt. Sept. 8, 2010, u/s showed poss. blighted ovum.... b/w 9/8/10 22,698 b/w 9/10/10 14,521.... mmc confirmed, started naturally m/c 9/15/10, d & c 9/16/10 I love you my precious monkey!! 2nd BFP March 2011.... c/p, miss you lil one!! 3rd BFP Nov. 20, 2011, subcornial hemorrhage detected 11/24/11 heartbeat found.... LO's heartbeat lost 11/25/11.... d & c 11/26/11..... I love and miss you so much baby!!!! C/P 4/26/12.... gone before I knew you.... off BCP 10-1-13.. BFP 11-20-13.. SCH for 7 weeks.. 3-4-14: It's a Girl!.. 4-22-12 emergency cerclage placed..7-7-14 cerclage removed at 36w.. delivered Lillian Marie 7-28-14..
     "An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth"

♥♡♥ PAL/PGAL welcome♥♡♥
  • imagewho_dat_grl:
    imageSerenla:

imagekiki4:

This, I agree with kiki.

Thank yall for your helpful info! No, she hasn't scheduled an US she said let's just see what the pap says first. I truly love this doc but here lately she has become a bit flakey :'( I will definitely look into medical loans and secomd opinions. Thank yall again! Yall rock!! (yall haha, I'm southern, please dont judge lol)

I don't know what state you are in but I do medical benefits in Texas. Most hospitals and drs offices allow you to do medical payment plans. Have you asked if you can pay 100 a month or some figure you are comfortable with? Most people don't have 1500 laying around. There must be other options!
  • imageKLengefeld:
    imagewho_dat_grl:
    imageSerenla:

imagekiki4:

This, I agree with kiki.

I don't know what state you are in but I do medical benefits in Texas. Most hospitals and drs offices allow you to do medical payment plans. Have you asked if you can pay 100 a month or some figure you are comfortable with? Most people don't have 1500 laying around. There must be other options!
    I live In Mississippi and I know there has to be a doc somewhere who does take payments but I have talked to my doc before about payment arrangements and her office doesn't do them. (she's a private practice, only doc) I'm going to look into options to help me afford It.

♥♡♥ PAL/PGAL welcome♥♡♥
  • *sig*

I'm sorry that she left you with so much unknown.  I totally understand the stress that money can add into this whole thing (we are currently dealing with possibly owing about $1000 for our miscarriage).  Good luck figuring out a plan for payment!

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• imageMollySm:

*sig*

I'm sorry that she left you with so much unknown.  I totally understand the stress that money can add into this whole thing (we are currently dealing with possibly owing about $1000 for our miscarriage).  Good luck figuring out a plan for payment!

I'm sorry Molly. We are in the same boat, I owe $728 for the D and C. I'm just not bothering with it until after we buy the house.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelindsayhilleary:

imagekiki4:

^^^This. (((Hugs))) I'm sorry it was such a crappy appointment. 

Ditto the PP's. Sorry it wasn't a good appointment. I can understand the frustration with the medical costs of everything as well. I hope they can work out some sort of a payment plan with you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"