September 2013 Moms

Feeling Guilty + Nursery PIP

Mobile: Feeling Guilty + Nursery PIP 

I really wanted to see what a recliner would look like in the nursery so I carried the recliner from our basement spare room up to the nursery. I carried it in 2 pieces and tried to be careful, but I did feel some pulling in the left side of my pelvis when I was carrying it up. I know it was over the 25 lbs limit my doctor told me to lift, but I just didn't want to wait for DH to get home to see what it looked like. I have no more pain and have no spotting or anything so I'm sure all is fine, but now I'm feeling guilty for carrying it up. I just hate feeling like I "can't" do something. Reassure me I'm not insane for carrying it up please!

Anyone else do something silly and feel dumb about it doing it later?

Also, after all that, here's what the recliner looks like in the nursery. I think it might be a bit crowded with everything in there. When DH gets home we might have to rearrange (or he might!).

May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Feeling Guilty + Nursery PIP

• Yes. When I got home Sunday from my baby shower, I got really excited and finally wanted to do things with the baby's room. We are keeping the queen bed that's in there now, but just planned to push it against the wall. My husband is out of the country right now for work, so I moved the queen bed by myself. I actually moved it twice, into two different spots to see what it would look like. I should not have done that! I felt fine afterwards, but in the middle of the night when I went to the bathroom, I thought I wouldn't be able to walk because my back hurt so bad. Then all day Monday my lower back hurt. I went to bed pretty early Monday night. I felt fine on Tuesday and today, but was also checking for any spotting or cramping on Monday. Thank goodness I didn't have any of that! I'll definitely let my husband do all the heavy lifting from now on.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• bexsdbexsd member
    This reminds me-- what are you all planning to do with painting? Will you help or have others do it? We got the No VOCs paint, so I'm thinking it should be ok, but I'm still a little nervous.
  • Loading the player...
  • We aren't doing any painting. I have hung up a quilt that my aunt gave me and a picture that I got at Target, though. 

I don't know about types of paint to use, but I think that typically if you keep the area well-ventilated and/or use a mask, it should be fine.  

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagebexsd:
    This reminds me-- what are you all planning to do with painting? Will you help or have others do it? We got the No VOCs paint, so I'm thinking it should be ok, but I'm still a little nervous.

I helped paint the nursery. I opened the window and the window in the room across the hall so there was air flow. I also turned the ceiling fan on. I bought the No VOCs paint, but took the extra precautions just to be safe. I also tried to leave the room frequently and let my husband do the trim work because that was up close to the paint. For as careful as I've been, I should have known better than to carry the darn chair! :) 

May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Been lifting my friends kids one 29lbs the other 45lbs.... My dh would kill me if he knew! Your nursery looks almost same as mine but different colors. But about te same size. All the furniture is in the same places! Lol. I thought our glider took up space too but I think it will be fine. I mean we don't plan on having a party in there... Hehe unless this baby has other plans! Don't worry about painting! We painted. Kept windows open and fan on high the whole time and after for about a day. My ob said no big deal as long as windows open and that the fumes weren't too much for me. I could barely smell the paint.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep I disassembled my other daughter's big girl bed and moved it into her sister's room along with a bookshelf. I just didn't want to wait until my husband got home. lol. Felt guilty afterwards as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've done a lot physically that I shouldn't have. I have a toddler who likes to be carried, and a husband who travels...

But, unless you are high risk, the thing you're really risking is injury to yourself, because of all the relaxin in your system. You aren't risking injury to the baby. Yes I hurt a lot, but I'm just doing it to myself... So no guilt. I'm the only one who suffers the consequences.
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Glad to know I'm not the only one doing things like that :-/

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"