Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Newborn diapers

Hi, I'm a second-time mom, but I can't remember how long my DD wore size newborn diapers! I think for a few weeks? Trying to see how many I should have to start with. For how long did your LO wear size Newborn (planning on getting Pampers Swaddlers to start) and what was his/her birth weight? Thanks!
DD1: Maya 05/10
DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13

Re: Newborn diapers

• Options
    DS was 5 lbs, 6 oz at birth and outgrew his newborn diapers at 6 weeks. My SIL's son was 8 lbs, 4 oz, and was in newborn size for about 2 weeks (since he's just a month older than ours, we acquired all the diapers he couldn't wear!)

TTC 17 months, Dx: MFI (morph = 1,) Endo. Surprise BFP after HSG!
  • Options

DS was born at 8 lbs 10 oz and was in newborn diapers for at least a month.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't even bother with newborn and went straight to 1s. My hospital uses 1s and DS was born at 8 lbs. so not that much smaller than 1s start (not that those weights are even remotely accurate).
  • Options
    My LO was 8 lbs 8 oz at birth and we didn't even bother with NB size. We were expecting a big baby, actually bigger than she was.
  • Options
    DS was 8 lbs 1 oz and went straight into 1s but DD2 was 8 lbs 2 oz and is still in NB (8 days).  I've been buying one pack at a time and just taking it slow.  The only difference I can tell between NB and 1s (Swaddlers) are about a half inch in length.  DS was 20" whereas DD2 was only 19".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD out grew her newborn pampers around four weeks and she was 7.12 at birth.  We went away for a couple weeks and I brought all newborn which was a mistake. 
  • Options
    7lbs 1oz. He was in newborn for 6 weeks.

• Options
    5lbs 12oz, and she wore NBs for about a month.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mle929mle929 member

DD1 was 8lbs9oz and wore nb for 3-4 weeks I think.

DD2 was 9lbs12oz and never wore nb.

• Options
    DD was 9lbs 8oz at birth and went right to size 1. We moved to size 2 around 5 weeks or 11lbs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    7lbs 13oz at birth and she wore them for 5.5 weeks. We switched to size 2 today, 9 wks.

• Options
    be888be888 member

My son was born at 8 lbs 7 oz, and was in NB until he was 2.5 weeks old. He was 9 lbs 11 oz by then. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    DS was 7pounds 14ounces and wore NB for 3 weeks.
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    My little girl was 5 pounds 12 oz at birth and is still fitting easily in newborn at one month old.
  • Options
    4 weeks. She was 6 lbs 11 oz at birth.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    DD2 was 7lbs 13oz and wore newborns for 4 weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Wow my baby girl is almost 11 weeks and is still in nb!! She was 5 lb 2 oz. and is about 8 1/2 lbs now 
  • Options
    I think we used four packages of nb. Also pampers.
    Birth weight was 8 lbs 6 ozs.
  • Options
    Birth weight was 7 lb 11 oz and we used NB diapers for three weeks. We went up to Size 2s at 8 wks.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"