May 2013 Moms

Is this normal?

I already want another baby. I mean I did since day one and by no means did I have an easy delivery. My baby is fairly good but has her days. I already want to be pregnant again badly. If I wasn't trying for a VBAC next time I wouldn't be going on the mini pill in a week. Just wondering if there is anyone else wanting another baby already? And wanting to be pregnant again?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is this normal?

• pnutgpnutg member
    I definitely want more children but am not anxious to be pregnant again. No way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • No way. Not yet. I couldn't handle two that close in age right now. And I'm enjoying having my body back, function wise. Not appearance wise. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I definitely would be pregnant again but it's not in the cards for us. Good luck.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Yes! We had our little girl via IVF so we want to try to see if it will happen without help this time as I've heard pregnancy can sometimes kick start things into working. Failing that we will try with IVF.

I was supposed to be doing my PhD but after meeting this little girl I have knocked that idea out of my head for now....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes! Lol actually everyone says I'm crazy, but I do want to get pregnant asap. We are starting TTC as soon as I get my period and can start charting. Took us a long time for this LO so I don't want to waste any time.
  • DH and I have discussed at length how long we plan to wait. I had a c section, so I have to see what doc says about how long I have to wait on that front. Our plan otherwise is to start trying when my cycle returns or 8 months whichever is longer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bes12bes12 member
    imageannarussell05:
    DH and I plan to wait to TTC again until DD is one year old. But I think that plan will be harder and harder to stick to as the months pass because I already have some of those feelings too.

I agree with this!! I just don't know how we can afford childcare for 2! That's really all that is stopping me! How do people afford it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't know if it's normal or not, but I already want to be pregnant again! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel the same way, OP! I had a rough pregnancy with nausea and vomiting the whole time, right up through labor, and I complained about hating pregnancy. But now I miss it and can't wait to do it again! My epidural wore off so I felt everything during delivery, but it was such an amazing experience that I look forward to again. DH and I were talking about birth control and I was shocked when he said we should just use condoms so we can start trying again when this LO is a year old. Whoa!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are thinking of trying for our second when A is about one but we might go longer.
  • imagemaymomNY:
    I'm kinda sad that I feel exactly the opposite. My delivery was tough, and I did not enjoy being pregnant. I can't imagine ever doing it again.

Edit. ..I do want another baby, jusy don't want to ever be pregnant again

I felt like this as well as I found the whole birth experience quite traumatic. It passes though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We haven't decided whether or not we will try for another baby. DH is leaning towards no, but I really want another one. If we decide to have another baby, we will be trying again by the end of summer.
  • Aside from the morning sickness in the first trimester, I really didn't mind being pregnant. However, I want to at least wait until this LO is out of diapers before having another...or maybe even wait until this LO is out of daycare - I can't imagine putting 2 in daycare, it is so expensive!
  • No, but I wouldn't say you are abnormal.

After having two, two years apart, I think we will wait around 3 years if we have another.

Mom to Benjamin 6/2011 and Lena 5/2013; baby 3 on the way

• I hated being pregnant but my birth experiences were both incredible. Being pregnant...no thank you!
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• krwactkrwact member
    I would desperately love to be pregnant right now but for me that has a lot to do with this pregnancy being cut short without warning.  I loved being pregnant and had no closure.  I would give almost anything to experience a full term pregnancy.  Sadly, DH and I aren't on the same page at all about another child.  He's adamantly one-and-done and I am decidedly not.  It makes me very, very, very sad.
    Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • KashyKashy member
    We are already talking about when to try for #2.  I think when LO is about 10ish months we are going to start trying  again.  I'm not going to go on any BC either.
    Augustus David - Born 5/08/13

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    The first 1/2 was so tough, I thought I'd never want to do it again. The 2nd 1/2 was awesome, and I really want to experience that again. Delivery was awful, and 2 weeks ago I would have said never again, but now I feel like I learned so much, that I'd be able to better handle it next time.

I feel like I made so many mistakes, and I want the chance to learn from them, and do it better, enjoy it more. And I really want that amazing feeling back.

But, T1 diabetes, already AMA, and fertility issues plus healing from the C section... I just don't know if it's in the cards for me, which really weighs heavily right now.
  • Right after the birth I was ready to go for 2 under 2. Then the good drugs wore off and LO started getting fussy. Now I'm back to my original hope of having a second in 2.5 to 3 years.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • I want more children more than ever now.  I didn't enjoy being pregnant and I had a traumatic birth experience but after seeing the prize at the end, I want 2 or 3 more!  My bad memories are fading and I'm looking forward to being pregnant again possibly in another year.  I've always wanted a big family though.  
  • imageErinC1014:
    No, but I wouldn't say you are abnormal.

After having two, two years apart, I think we will wait around 3 years if we have another.

This is exactly us even though I have they urge to be preggers again. It was the same with DD but the urge passes. I want DD in school and LO to be in daycare by the time we have another. But your not abnormal for having these feelings.
  • I was just talking to my DH about this last night. I loved the big, fat end of being pregnant. We got pregnant with number two five months pp, after trying for a month. If we could afford three in daycare, I would be planning another ASAP.
  • HELL to the no. We both agreed (since C has insane, chronic colic) we weren't even going to begin trying until he was walking, talking and potty-trained. Those are the baby rules lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"