Multiples
Options

Bright spot on babies heart?

Yesterday I had an u/s and they noticed a bright spot on one of the babies hearts. They said it could be a marker for Down syndrome or it could be nothing but just calcium build up. Anyone have something like this happen to them?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bright spot on babies heart?

• Options
    DS had it. He is fine. If your LO had no other markers for Downs and the NT scan looked good I really wouldn't worry. I was told that it is what they call a soft marker, and in the absence of any other markers isn't a big deal. I know it is hard not to worry. We did too. Our doctor really helped put it in perspective though.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    My coworker had that happen and has a healthy happy one year old. That seems to be a common false positive. There were no other markers for her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD had this show up on one of our ultrasounds, and they told me the same thing. There were also no other markers for Downs, and she is a happy, healthy 14 month old...  Good luck to you!
  • Options

imageDragonfly1226:
    DS had it. He is fine. If your LO had no other markers for Downs and the NT scan looked good I really wouldn't worry. I was told that it is what they call a soft marker, and in the absence of any other markers isn't a big deal. I know it is hard not to worry. We did too. Our doctor really helped put it in perspective though.

This exactly for us as well.  Our LO is healthy & strong.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your input, it helps so much knowing others have been told the same thing and had perfectly healthy babies:) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"