May 2013 Moms

Sterilizing Medela pump parts in Dr. Brown microwave sterilizer?

Does anyone do this?  Have you noticed any changes in the pump parts?  I'd love to be able to sterilize everything in the microwave since it's so much easier than boiling!  

Re: Sterilizing Medela pump parts in Dr. Brown microwave sterilizer?

• I sterilize everything in the bags. I rinse with soap and water and throw in bags for 3 minutes. You get 20 uses.
  • I can't read the full title but I always sterilized pump parts in the Medela microwave bags.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • delinodelino member
    I have an avent microwave sterilizer. Haven't noticed any change in the parts.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Silly question, how often do you sterilize your pump parts? Every use?
  • I just use hot water and dish soap once a day. In between pumps I store the parts in the fridge. I plan to use the bags at night once I go back to work and use the wipes during the day.
  • Oh... And I only sterilized before the first use by boiling. The tubing got a bit cloudy but that's normal
  • imagedelino:
    I have an avent microwave sterilizer. Haven't noticed any change in the parts.

I have the same. I love that thing...it's probably one of my top 3 favorite baby care items!  

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • used it multiple times.. love it! 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagekmandrews:
    Silly question, how often do you sterilize your pump parts? Every use?

I don't do it after every use. I'm EP and between all of the pump parts and bottles, I'd be spending my entire day washing and sterilizing everything! I sterilized everything before first use and I'm actually planning to sterilize it again today. I just thoroughly wash every part in hot soapy water using the baby dish detergent (specially made to remove breast milk) and let it air dry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"