Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Are you still using your swing?

I put mine away because DS seemed to be over it but I kind of want to bring it back out and try him in it again. I need a couple new spots to keep him entertained while I get a few things done because his attention span seems to be decreasing by the day!! How old was baby when you stopped using your swing? My son is 6 months old and 17 pounds. 

Also, if you have any other great recs out there for toys for a 6 month old that would be appreciated!! We have the usual jumper, exersaucer, play mats, etc. Maybe there's something new and crazy that we haven't heard about yet?! :) 

photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are you still using your swing?

• I just put ours away a couple days ago. She kept crawling over and climbing in it! I heard when they start sitting up that's when you should put up the swing because they can lean forward and flip over. We put her in the pack n play a lot with a ton of toys in it and she keeps herself entertained in there for a little while. It's the best place for her in our house because my son is 3 and he's a little dangerous. :)

• we put ours away.  he was getting a little too attached to it and would only really nap in there.  Plus he was pushing the weight limit lol
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL hell would freeze over before C would sit still in a swing. I stopped using it at 4 months.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Honestly DS hated his swing, which I hated because the IL's bought us a really expensive one as a gift....but he never liked it. We moved it to a corner in his nursery but I'm thinking about packing it up and storing it in the basement...it's just taking up space that in a few months he'll need to use for toys, crawling space etc. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I use it occasionally. LO seems more I retested in the mobile and music than the movement at this point.

My sister had a little peanut, and she used the swing past the 1 year mark, so some use it for a long time.
  • DS is 7 months and we still use it. He is in it in the morning for about half an hour while I throw laundry in, feed the dogs, etc. We just make sure he is strapped in securely. Most of the time he just leans back and relaxes in it.

• image+MeganS+:
    DS is 7 months and we still use it. He is in it in the morning for about half an hour while I throw laundry in, feed the dogs, etc. We just make sure he is strapped in securely. Most of the time he just leans back and relaxes in it.

I think mine would like it for a little "relax time" as well...might give it a whirl as it's not disassembled yet just sitting in a spare bedroom!! 

• imageg8trkim:
    I just put ours away a couple days ago. She kept crawling over and climbing in it! I heard when they start sitting up that's when you should put up the swing because they can lean forward and flip over. We put her in the pack n play a lot with a ton of toys in it and she keeps herself entertained in there for a little while. It's the best place for her in our house because my son is 3 and he's a little dangerous. :)

I just stopped using the swing this week and my son will be 7 months on Friday. I am hesitant to pack it up but I really think he's done with it. We only used it in the morning's for napping and he would take super long naps in there! But now, he likes to sleep on his belly. So we do the PNP with toys and his doorway jumper. Also, I have him play in his highchair with some toys or a mesh feeder while I iron a few things. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image+MeganS+:
    DS is 7 months and we still use it. He is in it in the morning for about half an hour while I throw laundry in, feed the dogs, etc. We just make sure he is strapped in securely. Most of the time he just leans back and relaxes in it.

DS is 7m+.

This is pretty much the same w/us. We only use it first thing in the AM when DS gets up - we put him in the swing w/his toys, while DH & I get our b'fast & coffee ready.  DS never napped in it, and we almost never turn it on, so it's more like a seat for him.  He's only in the swing for 15-20 mins max before we get him out and sit him in the high chair for b'fast.  

Once in a blue moon, I'll put him in the swing for 5-10 minutes just before dinner (he's usu in the jumperoo at that time but if he's tired of it, I take him out and put him in the swing) 

We don't put him in there any other time of the day... I'm sure he'll complain if I do so.

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • DD is over 8 moths.  She still uses the swing everyday for naps.
  • We got rid of the swing when we got the exersaucer (around 5 and a half months). She never really liked it.  Her favorite thing right now is to roll all over the floor with a bunch of toys. In a baby-proofed room I put out a huge (queen size) blanket, toss out a few toys, and she is happy as a clam for quite a while.

and what about babywearing?  my LO still loves that and it is good for getting some things done...

• I hadn't used it in a while and popped her in earlier this week to see if she'd like it. Nope. She held the arms of the swing trying to reach for the rhino mobile. She's already climbed out of her bouncer, so I'm going to pack up the swing now before she hurts herself.
  • M absolutely hated the first swing we had so I ended up splurging on a second one when she was 8 weeks old.  We still use the second swing occasionally.  M has been playing independently in her pack and play a lot lately so that's becoming my "go-to" activity if I need to get something accomplished around the house.  

• We tried it the other day. It stopped swinging. I'm not sure if we need to change the batteries, but it almost seemed that DS was too heavy for it. We hardly ever put him in it, and it's just taking up space. I think we need to put it away...but I'm stubborn...lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we actually put ours away because it became the only way DD would fall asleep. ended up doing the ferber method and now she sleeps in the crib no probs :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    I used it up till today. DS figured out if he held onto the pole on the side he can pull himself up into a sitting position. I was terrified he was going to fall out head first, so up in the attic it goes!
    imageimage
  • DD loves her swing! She was premature so she's super tiny (6 months and only 11 pounds). She use to sit in it all the time and it was the only thing to get her to sleep. Now its just used every now and then for relaxing, especially when I'm folding laundry and she's fighting her sleep. As long as they are strapped in and don't exceed the weight limit you should be fine. Ours was expensive so I'm glad we are still getting use out of it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wear LO in the Beco quite often & he loves it. He also loves to play on the floor with some toys. The only problem is we have hardwood floors so I end up putting him on a blanket on the rug by the front door which limits how far I can go so that I can still keep an eye one him. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"