Breastfeeding

She's nursing today!

My LO is 6 weeks old and I have EP'ed since the day we came home from the hospital. She would never latch and would scream and scream when I tried. It's been a rough road and I've gotten lots of help and good advice here.

This morning, she started to fuss so I got out of bed to make the bottle. While it was warming up, I held her and was trying to keep her soothed in the meantime. She was rooting all over me, trying to eat my arm, my fingers, whatever she could reach. She's never done that! So I attempted to nurse, and she did! She's been nursing great today!

Just wanted to share my excitement and hopefully I won't be EPing anymore!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: She's nursing today!

• Good for you guys! That's awesome! I hope someday soon I will be able to say the same thing...!
  • That's awesome! Mine did the same thing at four weeks and we've never looked back. Now I pump just once a day so DH can give a bottle to keep DS used to taking one. Keep it up - start latching her like this, and if she doesn't latch every time don't stress about it, she may just need to be eased into it. Sounds like you're on the right track, though! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKateRN08:
    I just posted with something similar. My LO is 6 weeks too and I attempted to BF the other day and she seems to be doing really well after seriously struggling due to a lip and tongue tie. I'm nervous she won't get enough now that I have known exactly how much she has been taking in.  

I felt the same way once DS started latching again. If your LO seems satisfied after feedings and continues to have enough wet and poopy diapers then she's probably getting enough. You'll also know if she's gaining weight on schedule.

• That is amazing!! Good for you :)
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Woohoo!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • That's great! Keep up the hard work.
  • Absolutely wonderful!
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • That's wonderful for the both of you! I hope it continues.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"