3rd Trimester

Mean Mom Ultrasound

So we just had a follow-up u/s where we were able to do a 3D picture. Immediately my husband and I saw that the baby's face looked just like his when he was a baby and when we showed his parents, they said the exact same thing.  The thing is, we're having a girl - so being the hormonal, emotional 3rd trimester person that I am, I started to worry that she's going to look like a boy. How mean is that??  I feel like the worst mom-to-be ever for even being worried about that. I love and adore her and will think the world of her, so why am I heading towards Vanity Street on this??  Did anyone else run into a similar situation? 

Re: Mean Mom Ultrasound

• I think my daughter looks EXACTLY like her dad's baby pictures, but she doesn't look like a boy. She just looks like a feminine version of him. I don't think you're being mean. Just relax, wait, and see. Besides, I think all newborns look like little boys lol, so just put a bow in her hair or something if you are worried that people may get confused.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Don't feel bad! If you're anything like me, you've been picturing what your darling little girl is going to look like since you were younger! Like I have always pictured her with blonde hair and big dimples because I have blonde hair and dimples. It hit me a couple weeks ago that that may not be the case and I did feel like I was slightly disappointed just because in my head, that's how she's always looked! I think it's a natural reaction, but as she continues to develop when she's in the world, I'm positive she will look like the sweet little girl she is! Don't be too hard on yourself!!
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Loading the player...
  • When I look at my friends' 3D ultrasounds and then look at their babies in real life, I honestly don't really see much of a comparison.  I think a lot of the comparisons that are made are in the parents imaginations, I wouldn't worry too much!

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• DD looks just like DH as a baby and yet she looks pretty feminine imo (DH is a big tough guy, so far from fem haha)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's an u/s you can't tell fully what she'll look like from that.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • My DD popped out of me looking like a carbon copy of her father.  Everyone says so and it's very obvious.  She still looks like a girl.  I even keep her hair very short and she still looks like a girl.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• DD looks most like her dad but is still distinctly feminine looking. I think you are waaaay over thinking this.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My niece is her dad made over. She's an adorable girly girl who I could never imagine looking like a boy.

• skioskio member
    That is extremely strange. Chill out. It's an ultrasound picture.

My DD is an absolute clone of my husband and she doesn't look like a boy. Because she's a girl.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Ditto all the above. My baby pictures and my dad's are literally identical, except that his are in black and white and mine are color. 34 years later, I look way more like my mom. Babies look like babies. And biologically, newborns are supposed to start out looking more like the dad because it helps reassure the male parent that he's truly the parent. It's nature's way of demonstrating paternity.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well you are only seeing her main features like her nose, forehead and lips. I have a lot of my Dad's features and I don't think I look anything like a boy. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • imagemagdalina.h:
    It's an u/s you can't tell fully what she'll look like from that.

This. Calm down.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Since day one we've joked that we should name DD1 Justine because she looks just like her father, Justin.  Even though she looks so much like him, she definately has feminine charicteristics and is a beautiful little girl! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My SD looked identical to her dad when she was an infant and toddler and they still look a ton alike.  She is a knock-out.  
  • I've always looked just like my dad, to this day even.  I went to boarding school so most of my parents had never met my parents until they showed up for parent-teach conferences.  Well, aparrently my parents would sit down for their meetings and my teachers would all look up and immediately know who's parents they were once they saw my dad.  One of my teachers even called it the most shocking parent/child similarity she'd ever seen.

However, I do not see myself as looking masculine at all and my dad isn't feminine looking.  We just have the same eye color/shap, nose, etc.  Our jaw lines are similar but his is more broad than mine.

So, yeah, don't worry about it!  Even if your daughter always looks like your husband that doesn't mean she won't look feminine!

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• DD was born as and to this day still DH's clone, only with my coloring. Luckily he makes a pretty cute girl. ;) 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Don't stress!  My DD is a month old today and she got all of her daddy's facial features except for the nose (that and her skin coloring are the only easily spotted traits of mine she got!) but she looks like a feminine version of her father.  I was a bit worried too when I got the 3D ultrasound because she looked everything like her dad and nothing like me, but she's an adorable little girl!  I'm sure your daughter won't end up looking like a boy the older she gets :)
  • When she was born every single person that saw dd said she looked just like her dad... even people in my family.  I was a little sad but it was true.  As she has gotten older she has started to look more and more like me. Now people say she looks just like I did. Kids change so quick
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker .facebook_-966822808 IMG00064-20101108-0836 20120901_120106 BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD looks like her dad. She has his coloring and, lucky her, his extremely long eyelashes. Everyone always says that she's adorable and no one's ever mistaken her for a boy.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I thought my son looked like King Tut at the 20 week ultrasound. 

And I thought my daughter looked like Spock when I saw an ultrasound close to 18 weeks. 

They do look a lot different when they come out.  And that first year, they really develop and grow a lot. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • imageIrishSapphire:
    I thought my son looked like King Tut at the 20 week ultrasound.nbsp; nbsp;And I thought my daughter looked like Spock when I saw an ultrasound close to 18 weeks.nbsp; They do look a lot different when they come out.nbsp; And that first year, they really develop and grow a lot.nbsp;

Oh my gosh, I laughed out loud!! King Tut!!!

Op, don't worry. I look like my dad and you can see from my avatar that I'm not manly looking. At least I don't think so.
  • Seems to me that lots of kids look like the parent of opposing gender. I looked just like my dad (and his twin sister) when I was born. As I got older, I am a 50/50 split between my parents, but have never once been accused of looking masculine.

Don't worry about it too much, little mother; the baby will look like a baby first and foremost, and then as she gets older, her features will be more feminine than masculine. How wonderful you got a great look at the baby's face!!! Our 3d was awesome, but the baby spent lots of time covering his/her face with his/her hands. Ah well!

Be well!!!

• Every firstborn baby girl I know looks like their dad. I think it's evolutionary so there was no mistaking paternity with cavemen. My daughter has her dad's features but feminized. I know brothers and sisters that have the exact same features also, it's nice to have a family resemblance.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMamasighs:
    I look just like my dad. No one thinks I'm a man.

Same here.  You wouldn't even begin to think my mother and I were related.  I look exactly like my father.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think you're a little worried over nothing. :) she can look just like her dad and still look like a girl. She'll be a beautiful baby no matter what. :)
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• I don't think it'll be as bad as you think it'll be. My fiance actually looks strikingly like his mother and he looks plenty enough like a man to me. (might have something to do with the beard) But, that aside, I also have a friend whose daughter looks almost exactly like him but she just has feminine qualities about her. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"