May 2013 Moms
Options

Birth Control Options

Hey Mamas!!

I'm going to the doctor today for my check up and we are going to discuss birth control.  I'm 33 and I've never been on birth control before.  I don't even like taking aspirin for a headache.  Does anyone have suggestions of a birth control option with few side effects. 

God Bless All You Mommas!!! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Birth Control Options

• Options
    bes12bes12 member
    If you are breast feeding you are limited with what you can get. I'm on the mini pill but its not as effective ad the regular pill. I know you can also do an IUD I've heard both good and bad about that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    April!April! member

I'm thinking about getting the non-hormonal IUD. I'm interested to hear what other people are doing.

I don't tolerate hormones well, and did Fertility Awareness Method for years before getting pregnant. I need to do some research on how that works while breastfeeding and having interrupted sleep, because I'm not sure if that's an option now or not.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Condoms. I was on the pill and I hated how it made me feel. When I went off I told H I wasn't ever going back on it or anything of the like.
  • Options
    We will be using condoms. I can't handle birth control. I become a crazy ball of hormones that cries uncontrollably about everything.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Does anyone know if diaphragms are still an option?  I've decided that I don't want hormonal bc and I don't want an iud either (we want more children relatively soon and I didn't like the iud that I had before).  I did FAM to get pregnant but I don't think I can keep up with it with LO here.  Condoms are ok but they tend to give me pH issues and honestly they take away from our sex life...wish there was a better option!!!
  • Options
    I was on the non-hormonal IUD before - I can't handle the hormones in birth control. I thought the IUD worked great. My periods were a little more intense and lasted longer than normal, but that didn't bother me. A friend of mine also had an IUD, but she had really intense cramping. I'm not sure how common that is with the IUD. I recommend it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"