May 2013 Moms

Muscle tone?

Anyone else notice that theirs is completely gone? It's the weirdest thing. I lifted weights my whole pregnancy, yet since delivery my arms, legs, you name it feel like pudding. This isn't a "omg, I'm so fat post," I'm seriously fascinated and baffled by this. lol
Anyone else notice this? Any BTDT moms know when it comes back? lol. I can't wait to start exercising again and feel like myself again. I'm so weak and squishy!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Muscle tone?

• Yes! My legs arms and belly are all like this!!! I often wonder what the heck happened. Then I remember, I was like this before pregnancy lol! I wish I had lifted weights throughout the pregnancy!

I'm looking forward to being released for exercise next week. My ki has inspired me to get healthy!

And sorry this doesn't help you lol but yes, I am also squishy for different reasons. I'm sure you will bounce back very quickly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• imageNJAZgirl:
    Anyone else notice that theirs is completely gone? It's the weirdest thing. I lifted weights my whole pregnancy, yet since delivery my arms, legs, you name it feel like pudding. This isn't a "omg, I'm so fat post," I'm seriously fascinated and baffled by this. lol
    Anyone else notice this? Any BTDT moms know when it comes back? lol. I can't wait to start exercising again and feel like myself again. I'm so weak and squishy!

I don't understand this phenomenon but I'm right there with you. I did Pilates until 39 weeks and when I went back on Friday, I felt like I was completely starting from scratch. Like I'd never done ab or arm work before. And I'm also a squishy monster! Maybe our bellies stretched the skin everywhere and now it's just loose and flabby? Mobile smiley
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm right there with ya! I don't remember this happening with my first though, weird.

I'm more aware of how much my core muscles are used in daily activity, just going up the stairs or getting up off the floor tire out my abs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup, I am reminded that I have no ab strength every time I try to sit up, while holding the baby.
  • Yep, my tone is completely gone, it's weird. I had abs until like 30 weeks, but no more. Right now going for a walk leaves my abs sore! I'm excited to get back on the exercise train!!

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • be888be888 member
    I have zero core strength and very bad posture, even though I did yoga until 41weeks. I can't wait to get back to it.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• imageBeckyTheEngineer:
    Yup, I am reminded that I have no ab strength every time I try to sit up, while holding the baby.

Yea, that kills. And my back kills me because I have no abs strength!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • April!April! member
    My abs are totally shot. I was pretty out of shape before getting pregnant, and now it's so much worse! My arms are weak too. My baby is barely 8 pounds and I get tired after holding him for seconds.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • Yes my muscle tone is all gone.  I was a runner before and my legs had pretty good muscle, now they are like jello.  My abs are also soft and squishy.  I've been doing abs and push ups during the week to try and gain some muscle tone back but I'm afraid they won't be like they used to before.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• imageMrsNukem:
    Yes my muscle tone is all gone.nbsp; I was a runner before and my legs had pretty good muscle, now they are like jello.nbsp; My abs are also soft and squishy.nbsp; I've been doing abs and push ups during the week to try and gain some muscle tone back but I'm afraid they won't be like they used to before.

Isn't it weird?? Muscle is muscle so I would think if we work it right it will come back. But I'm not so sure about the surrounding tissue. lol. My skin seems so loose because I was so swollen. The three days I spent in the hospital were awful. My family was seriously freaked out everytime they lifted my blankets and gown. Their faces were horrified by how big my legs were.
  • I was joking with DH that we get soft after pregnancy so that the baby has a comfy place to sleep.  My LO is enjoying my post cs belly pillow as I type this...
  • I lost all of my muscle tone when I stopped working out wen I got a positive test
  • imageannagrya:
    I was joking with DH that we get soft after pregnancy so that the baby has a comfy place to sleep.  My LO is enjoying my post cs belly pillow as I type this...

Agreed.  He loves it. It's like a waterbed. Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"