March 2013 Moms

Baby freak out

For the past 2 nights DD has her regular bedtime routine bath, cuddles then eat and sleep. About an hour later she wakes up screaming. She doesn't want the boob, doesn't want her pacifier, doesn't want her swing, and she is kicking and arching her back when I cradle her. This goes on for 30 minutes. Finally she falls asleep after I put on a tank top and held her close and bounced her up and down and walked back and forth. Yikes! She has never done this before and it kinda freaked me out.

Also, she has been congested and spitting up more than normal. But is not congested when the crying starts.

Anyone going or have gone through this? Or know what it could be? A million things are going through my head, colic, reflux, tummy ache. I just don't know!!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Baby freak out

• Mine has been doing this the last 2 nights too! I don't know what the deal is. I'm sure a growth spurt or phase. That's what it always seems to be. He's always slept really good but now the only way is with me next to him but I don't want to cosleep. Sigh
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Could it be trapped gas?  I'd give gas drops just in case, no harm in it and it might help.  Its so sad when thy scream and cry like that :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My guess would be gas or some kind of tummy troubles, too.  A few nights ago I ended up laying DS on his side and rubbing his back til he fell asleep. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Trapped gas! Try burping her a little more at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"