Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

what could this be?

My 13 month old goes to bed with no problem every night around 715730. Without fail she is crying at 530 and she dows that off and on until 7am usually. She doesn't take a bottle or have any overnight feedings. Her room is pitch black and we have white noise. I also don't go in unless she is freaking out. Why would she be doing this
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: what could this be?

• My son always woke for the day around 5:30.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • She isn't ready to get up.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Wet or dirty diaper?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I mean, sleeping 10 hours straight sounds great to me.  Put her to bed later?

• Wet diaper? My daughter wakes whenever she pees and tosses and turns and otherwise "sleeps" fitfully until I change her.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with pps about her diaper.  DS will sttn usually, but if he wakes up, there's a reason now.  So I always go in.  Most of the time he has either peed through his diaper, or it's HUGE, so I'll change it (and him if I need to), he gets rocked for just a minute (more for me than him lol), then he goes instantly right back down.

Also, lately, I think he's been getting thirsty in the motn.  The last couple times he's woken up, his diaper hasn't been huge, so I've given him a sip of water, and he goes right back down.  So I started keeping his sippy in his crib with him (with just water), and that has actually seemed to help.  Might just be in my head though haha. 

• Why do you say she's not ready to get up?
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • eav2ceav2c member
    imagekathyn21:
    She isn't ready to get up.

How do you know this with such certainty? Sounds to me like she is or she needs a diaper change or is hungry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekathyn21:
    She isn't ready to get up.
    She is not ready to get up, or you are not ready?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My son consistently sleeps 10-11 hours at night -- I think that is just his personal sleep need at this age. he doesn't go down until 8, so wake up isn't until close to 7 most days, but he often will stir about around 5:30. My guess is just that it's already bright and sunny out this time of year, so when he stirs and goes back to sleep, it's just not as deep a sleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"