Babies: 3 - 6 Months

how to do frozen washcloth for teething??

obviously, it seems like a no brainer...wet a washcloth and stick it in the freezer.  I was just thinking that it would be very cold in their little hands while they are holding it...and also start dripping and the baby would be soaked once it starts to defreeze.  I am probably overthinking this....

my baby loves to chew on towels/blankets/etc so much and i think he would love this!

Re: how to do frozen washcloth for teething??

• Meh. I wring out the cloth so it's not dripping wet before I put it in the freezer. I haven't had an issue with too much dripping, or too cold. I do teething rings and those are just as cold, so I am not too worried.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • I knot a couple of corners, wet just those, and freeze it.  Lumpy frozen bits for her to chew but the whole thing isn't crunchy with ice.

• Loading the player...
  • My pediatrician recommends against putting anything frozen in their mouths and says to put in the fridge instead. She said anything frozen can burn their gums.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I never even thought of frozen being unsafe!! Makes sense
  • imagepenguingrrl:
    My pediatrician recommends against putting anything frozen in their mouths and says to put in the fridge instead. She said anything frozen can burn their gums.

My pedi told me the same thing last week.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"