Babies: 3 - 6 Months

did your LO used to have bad gas?

If so, when did it get better? My LO has it so bad. It keeps him up at night. Some nights are great, 8 or 9 hour stretch, fusses, soothed back down. We aren't feeding at night anymore as he doesn't need it. But that's rare, usually he's up every 34 hrs with gas pain. I'll go in there and he is farting, poor thing. Or I pick him up to burp and then he settles. We have had him on probiotics for 6 nights now, no noticeable improvement. Is there anything else to try? Or do we just wait it out? Please tell me your LO got better soon! My son is 3 months and 1 week.

Re: did your LO used to have bad gas?

• Not sure if your LO is BF or FF or both, but DD (EBF) had horrible gas 2-3 nights a week up until her second month when I figured out that she was getting too much foremilk. I started feeding one side at a time during the day and block feeding ON. She is now fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Gripe water has always done a nice job settling DS' belly. Some others swear by the simethicone gas drops, but they never worked for Jackson.
  • Loading the player...
  • lbw05lbw05 member
    Formula fed. And yeah we use gas drops once or twice a night, sometimes it helps, sometimes not so much. We have used gripe water, it works great on hiccups. And now that I think about it, since he's been on probiotics he has not gotten hiccups! And he used to get them all the time, so that's something.
  • My LO is EBF and did this since birth and I found out it was a dairy sensitivity. Once I cut it out of my diet, it was a definite difference. I know you said you FF but your LO could still have a sensitivity and possibly switching to soy or something else could help. Ask your doctor if its a possibility?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagelbw05:
    Formula fed. And yeah we use gas drops once or twice a night, sometimes it helps, sometimes not so much. We have used gripe water, it works great on hiccups. And now that I think about it, since he's been on probiotics he has not gotten hiccups! And he used to get them all the time, so that's something.

What bottles are you using? DS used to have bad gas, but since we have been using the Playtex Nurser bottles, it has gotten a lot better. I have also heard that the Dr. Brown bottles also help a lot with gas.

• BBS!BBS! member
    Mine had the same issue til about 3.5 months. He's now 4.5 months and we no longer even have to burp him. He'll still get gas sometimes but it's no longer painful. Hang in there and if it doesn't improve soon I suspect its a dairy allergy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"