February 2013 Moms

anyone use generic brand formulas?

Babies R Us makes a generic form of Enfamil Gentlease. I was debating trying it. Are they exactly the same does anyone know? its so much cheaper!

Re: anyone use generic brand formulas?

• We use the Target brand of Enfamil Infant and it's just fine! We even checked with the doctor before we switched and she said it's all the same stuff - just to buy the equivalent of what you've been giving LO.

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• We use target up and up brand knockoff of similac advance. It's 10 cheaper than the brand name and the only difference in the ingredients is a very slight variation of the order less linoleic acid I believe. Same nutrient composition though! My LO had no problem with the switch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We use the Wal-Mart brand of gentlease.  I believe the FDA regulations mandate that if a store is going to make a generic brand of a certain formula, it has to be exact to the last ingredient. You're right, it is so much cheaper. We pay almost fifteen dollars less for the value size and get MORE than the Enfamil value size anyway.
  • tdmd09tdmd09 member
    We switched LO to the Sam's Club version of Enfamil Infant. It's about half the cost, but all of the nutritional info and the ingredients are exactly the same. LO tolerates it fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • I use Targets similac sensitive for both kids.  I actually like it better than name brand, it isn't as bubbly.
  • We use the Target/Walmart versions of Similac Sensitive. No problems here, just savings. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• imageDrea926:
    We use the Target brand of Enfamil Infant and it's just fine! We even checked with the doctor before we switched and she said it's all the same stuff just to buy the equivalent of what you've been giving LO.

This exactly. We were on enfamil gentle ease and went to targets equivalent. After a few days of more spitting as he got used to it we were great! Saves SO much more
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • We use a combination of Similac and the Walgreen's brand.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We use Sam's Club for our twins...if you look on the container the ingredients are identical...seems silly to pay SO MUCH for a brand name!! Our boys haven't had one problem with the Sam's Club formula!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"