April 2013 Moms

Hemorrhoids....TMI

I still have them!!! I have tried everything and even had a course of hydrocortisone suppositories. Did yours go away? They got a bit better with the suppositories, but more have popped out since I stopped. gross!!!

Re: Hemorrhoids....TMI

• This is extreme and was a PITA but it worked.   My OB said to try this before going to a colon and rectal surgeon because mine had gotten so bad.    He said the trick was giving them the chance to heal instead of aggrevating them every time I went to the bathroom.

Up your fiber to 20-25g a day (high fiber instant oatmeal and fiber bars made this easy for me).  Drink a minimum of 12C water a day. Take 4 colace (max amount) each night before bed.  Use a little vaseline before doing poo to help not aggrevate them. Only wipe with tucks pads And heres the hard part.   Do 3-4 sitz baths a day for 10 minutes each.   I ended up doing them in the bathroom sink because I could just fill the sink and sit on the counter.  There was no way I could strip down and get in the bathtub that often when I was alone with LO.   Do it as hot as you can handle.  

Mine FINALLY started to feel better around day 4. and by day 7 they were gone. I've kept up the fiber, water and the colace (but only 2 pills now) but I want to wean off the stool softener soon.  

GL! 

ETA: Prior to this my OB gave me a prescription cream to use on while it helped a little they did not go away.  

• Mine are horrible right now, and nothing is really helping them.  Sad
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine went away 7 weeks pp but came back when I finally decided to have sex.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Glad I'm not the only one, although sorry everyone else is going through the same misery!  I am going to try to take some of the advice from PPs, and I have my 6 wk post-partum appointment tomorrow, so I am definitely going to bring it up. 

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Yup, still have them and was wondering myself how long do these last?! Going to try pp suggestions for sure!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"