Stay at Home Moms
Options

If you pick fruit...

Like, if you go someplace that offers 'pick your own' do you let your kids eat the fruit while you're picking?  We went for strawberries last week and I think I had the only kids that weren't eating as many strawberries as they were picking.  Today we went for cherries and everyone was eating as they picked.  We got some peas too and I'll admit that I had the girls try some to make sure they would actually eat them before we brought any home.  It just feels like stealing to me but there were plenty of employees milling around and none of them said anything to the obviously covered in fruit juice families so maybe it's expected?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: If you pick fruit...

• Options
    I was wondering the same thing!!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Options
    Oh, totally. I think it's a given that if you put kids in a field of strawberries, they're going to eat them... I wouldn't let DD gorge herself, but I'd let her eat some while we picked. If there were posted rules against it, or if staff were giving us disapproving looks/said something, then of course I wouldn't let her continue, but in the past it's never ever been an issue (including when I was a kid... good memories!) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went strawberry picking this weekend.  My one year old ate the ENTIRE time.   Her whole face was covered in strawberry juice and the owner was smiling and laughing at her on the way out... so no, I don't think there is anything wrong with it.  I've always assumed they factor it into the cost.  Do people without kids actually go strawberry picking?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DochasDochas member
    Eat away - seeing kids covered in juice and fruit is one of the best parts!
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, sort of. I mean, we eat a few to check them out. But we definitely stay on top of what J. eats (it hasn't been as issue with A., yet. Last year she just snoozed in her infant car seat).

Then again, we don't let him trample over all of the plants either. After we picked strawberries last year, the owner (it's a small place close to us) thanked us for not letting him trample on plants. Apparently there are a lot of parents who don't seem to notice/do anything about it.

Also, we usually just round the price up to the nearest dollar or whatever and tell them to keep the change to cover fruit that gets eaten. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think they expect it. We went strawberry and sweet pea picking last weekend; there were 3 of us, and we each have one LO, and they were all munching.  DS probably only ate a handful total though, it took him a little while to find them.  When we got to the peas, I gave him a pod and he just kind of chewed on that the whole time.  Dunno if peapods are bad on not....but I figured it couldn't hurt...

Anyway, all of the kids were pink from strawberries, and all of the staff never said anything, so I think it's completely normal! 

• Options
    IMO, I think they expect it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"