January 2013 Moms

the next BIG Milestone

sooo...over the last 4-5 months, we've been through holding their heads up, rolling over and before we know it they'll all be sitting up in the tripod position by themselves...BUT what i'm really waiting for is just the ability to PICK UP THE PACIFIER AND PUT IT BACK IN HER MOUTH BY HERSELF! when will this happen???

ok, ok so not really a huge milestone ;) but it would make my nights a whole lot easier. anyone's LOs been doing this for a while already?

Re: the next BIG Milestone

• DD just learned how to do this in the last week.  She's been picking it up for the last couple of weeks, but always trying to put it in backward.  She can now get it in her mouth the correct way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageholly52:
    DD just learned how to do this in the last week.  She's been picking it up for the last couple of weeks, but always trying to put it in backward.  She can now get it in her mouth the correct way.

this is us too.  Sometimes I look over and I see it in there and think "how did that happen".  LO was talking in the car yesterday and I looked back and her paci was in her mouth.  I asked DH was it in there the while she was talking or did she put it in by herself.  She totally did it by herself!  it was very exciting.

• Loading the player...
  • yes, I can't wait for this!  Not so much putting it in herself, she can do that IF she can see it (and its in her hand).  It's object permanence (knowing something exsists even if they can't see it) that allows them to look for it when it falls out, then grab it and put it back. that is the big, important part!!!! But that doesn't come for another month or two, probably. :(
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She does this sort of. We like the Soothies around here. She mainly prefers to gum the sides of it after she picks it up.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• EagsEags member
    imagerockyrollgirl:
    She does this sort of. We like the Soothies around here. She mainly prefers to gum the sides of it after she picks it up.

This is exactly what DS does.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • My DS is great at taking it out...putting it back in, not so much..
  • imageMichieU79:
    Haha...I keep encouraging Jack to practice this but unless his mouth relocates to his forehead or my forehead it's not happening yet.

lol.

Eloise never took a pacifier until last week. She is already pretty good at aiming it back towards her mouth but she usually puts it in sideways so it doesn't really help!

• We have M's pacifier on a tether and most of the time she grabs that and sticks it in her mouth and sucks on it. She has gotten it correctly in her mouth once or twice, but most of the time is content as long as she has SOMETHING to suck on.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ta78ta78 member
    Wow. DD doesn't even try to put it back in.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• imageSherrymarks24:
    sooo...over the last 45 months, we've been through holding their heads up, rolling over and before we know it they'll all be sitting up in the tripod position by themselves...BUT what i'm really waiting for is just the ability to PICK UP THE PACIFIER AND PUT IT BACK IN HER MOUTH BY HERSELF! when will this happen???ok, ok so not really a huge milestone ; but it would make my nights a whole lot easier. anyone's LOs been doing this for a while already?

I can't wait for this! Especially because he's mastered taking it out but usually sticks it in the wrong way.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • HildawHildaw member
    I wish DD would take a pacifier period, but she makes a face and spits it out when you give her one haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"