Parenting

s/o How much booze do you keep in the house

On a regular basis? 

I usually have a bottle of red wine, vodka, whiskey, and some beer on hand.  Right now I'm down to just a bottle of wine and beer.  I'm the only one who drinks though.  What do you keep at home?

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD

Re: s/o How much booze do you keep in the house

• 4-5 bottles of scotch, 4-5 bottles of red wine. That's about it.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• EVA116EVA116 member
    Usually a bottle of red and white wine, some beer, and whiskey.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Always red wine, 12pk Blue Moon, 12pk miller lite and Stella.
  • We always have at least a 6 pack in the fridge, and I usually have a bottle of wine or Captain Morgan in the fridge, but I drank all my wine Friday night. Liquor store stop will be necessary today.

We usually don't keep much, since we maybe each have a drink or 2 once a week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Random assortment of beers in the fridge (usually craft beers), 1-3 bottles of wine, a few bottles of scotch (for DH) and staple liquors like vodka and gin.
  • None. We have to go pick up something if we need it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  •  I drink gin and he drinks rum, plus he drinks some beer. I will buy wine if friends are coming over. We buy in small amounts because otherwise I'd turn into one of those Moms from the 60's who has 3 martini's with dinner. So we don't keep it in the house other than weekends.
  • We usually have an assortment of whiskey, rum, vodka, and tequila hanging around...I only really drink the vodka regularly. MH doesn't drink liquor, but he always has a surplus of Budweiser and Bud Lite laying around. As for wine, I usually have at least a bottle of 2 white in the house. I don't drink reds very often anymore.
  • I have an opened bottle of white in the fridge now and a bottle of wine my husband bought and opened in the fall.

If anyone drops in, we pretty much can only offer them water, juice, or seltzer. ;) 

• We have a stocked bar, though much of it hasn't been touched since college.  EW

I probably have about 6 bottles of drinkable wine at the moment and a couple cases of beer.  We have random visitors a lot so we like to make sure we've got it.  That, and we drink a lot

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jbatchjbatch member
    A bottle of red always, sometimes a bottle of white. Lately beer and we have some captain Morgan because we used it for something else but have some left over..

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Too much. Tons of hard liquor, beer and about 50 bottles of wine in the wine cellar.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • I have a very well stocked liquor cabinet. Mostly because I only ever drink rum or vodka on a  regular basis, The other liqueurs and gin/whiskey/tequila are just for specific drinks or guests.

Beer gets drank pretty quick when we buy it. DW is the wine consumer.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • None. If I want some wine or something, I will buy it when I need it. Yes, need it.

• Lots and lots.  I've mentioned on her before that DH works for the 2nd largest alcohol distribution company in the U.S.  We get freebies all the time.  If the bottles are damaged in any way, including just a scratched label, then it's free to a good home.  So, you name it, we've probably got it.  I do still buy wine on occasion if we don't have a particular one on hand that I am craving.

image image
  • Very little. I only use alcohol for cooking. DH drinks on the weekends but only buys what he wants in small quantities. The only time we have a stockpile is after the holidays when people give it to him as gifts. *eye roll*
  • imageLaceFace14:
    None. We have to go pick up something if we need it.

Same. Which is almost never.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Whatever our friends or family leave at our house.  Mostly a variety of beer, Jaeger, bourbon.  I have an unopened bottle of wine from Christmas that I'm saving for a steak dinner this summer and an unopened bottle of Dark Lord beer that I'm saving for Christmas.

• imageMom2Oli:

imagefutant462:
    an unopened bottle of Dark Lord beer that I'm saving for Christmas.

what is this concept of saving? can't you just drink it and buy again at Christmas?

The Dark Lord actually gets better the longer it's aged in the bottle.  Plus I really need a special occasion to open it because it's expensive and very hard to obtain a bottle.

• imageLoisLayn23:

You don't *save* booze. You save the empty bottles to return for the deposit and use it to buy new booze.

I'm pretty sure deposits don't exist in VA.  So, you empty them into your mouth, get rid of the evidence, then go buy more

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a random assortment of booze in the house. I think there's some Jack Daniels somewhere and I know I have a bottle of wine in the fridge.  

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • imageLoisLayn23:

You don't *save* booze. You save the empty bottles to return for the deposit and use it to buy new booze.

I agree with you.  I will not be *saving* the 40 of Colt 45 that I plan to buy on my way home from work.  I am pretty bad about returning bottles for deposit though.  

• PrimePrime member

Liquor: Random assortment of what people have brought over.  We don't drink it so it just sits until someone comes over and requests it.

Wine: Currently about 30 bottles.

Beer: 15-20 gallons of homebrew and a case or two of commercial beer.

• I have a 72 bottle wine rack I'd love to keep full but it keeps disappearing on me. Right now we have 6? bottles of wine. 12-24 beer. A 40 of vodka, white rum, amber rum, rye.. smaller bottles of liqueurs and other liquors like gin. We probably have a dozen bottles of assorted liquor.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• None now. When not pregnant the most I have ever had was 2 bottles of Moscato and 1 bottle of tequila.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• We were able to buy our own liquor for our wedding (and the venue then served it and let us take it home).  It was about 5 years ago, but we still have a tooon. We moved in Feb and threw a lot of it away, but we still have at least a bottle of every major type of liquor.

I no longer drink liquor (well, I'm pregnant, but pre-pregnancy), so there's usually some beer for me.  DH drinks gin, so there's always nice gin. We usually also have a bottle of red wine and a bottle of white wine on hand in case we're in the mood or we have guests.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"