August 2012 Moms

Recommend your Sippy Cup

We are currently trying this cup and DS hates it. I think he really doesn't like the hard nipple. I've tried a few that are similar to this as well, but again they all had the hard sippy part. Maybe he's just not into the Sippy cup at all?? What would you recommend I try? Could someone make is click for me? I'm on mobile.  

Thanks!! 

https://www.mommyville.ca/cups-mealtime/the-1st-sipster-cup

Re: Recommend your Sippy Cup

• We have had major luck with the Nuby sippy cups.  They are a simple design, but DD loves them and they are easy for her to use. Plus, they don't leak. They come with a nipple and a spout.  We also have a cute MAM sippy she likes. 

• Straw cup!! They are more natural for them to use and they're better for speech development. We love the Lollacup. You can get them on Amazon, or about 100 other places online.

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Loading the player...
  • SM0524SM0524 member
    I second the Nuby sippy. DD loves them.
  • DD does well with either of her Tommee Tippee cups
    734609_517665664943929_192232217_n Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepoppyseed1017:
    We have had major luck with the Nuby sippy cups.  They are a simple design, but DD loves them and they are easy for her to use. Plus, they don't leak. They come with a nipple and a spout.  We also have a cute MAM sippy she likes. 

Thanks Poppy! Did you get one with a handle or without? 

• sosophsosoph member

imageSharona1700:
    I don't know if this is a concern of yours, but we try to avoid a lot of plastics. I bought the foogo sippy by thermos, which is made of stainless steel with a silicone sippy part. S didn't take to it for a while, but in the last week she's really started to figure it out!

We have this one, too, and the Klean Kanteen with sippy top. Our toddler has had the same bottle for 18mos and now uses it with a regular cap. So, it seems $ but it's the only one you'll ever need. 

Sharona - you can buy a "replacement" top through the Thomas website for like $2 if you want to get a straw lid for the same thermos without buying the whole thing.

• imagepoppyseed1017:
    We have had major luck with the Nuby sippy cups.  They are a simple design, but DD loves them and they are easy for her to use. Plus, they don't leak. They come with a nipple and a spout.  We also have a cute MAM sippy she likes. 

These came recommended buy another mom at DC. We are only on day 3 of trying them.

Previous, we tried the advent ones.  He plays more than drinks as of now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We tried multiple kinds and finally the Nuk learner cup worked for her. She loves it and can easily feed herself.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebeckyfarrelly:

imagepoppyseed1017:

Thanks Poppy! Did you get one with a handle or without? 

The two we have came with handles, but they are removable.

• Let's see...we have the Nuby sippy, a Lollacup, two Zolibots, a playtex sippy that some how works kinda like a straw (same one you have now that I clicked your link), and a playtex squeeze straw. LOL

Right now the Playtex straw one that I squeeze to show him to suck is working pretty well. I've been avoiding juice like the plague, but I think a splash of juice in water is going to be the key to getting him to drink out of it. At least it worked yesterday.

If I sound desperate it's because he can't have a bottle in the next room at daycare.

• Thanks for the recommendations, ladies!! I appreciate it.
  • Lollacups on Amazon! Amazing!
  • DS likes the Nuk trainer cups, it has more of a nipple than other cups and its silicone.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagemeaknigh:
    Straw cup!! They are more natural for them to use and they're better for speech development. We love the Lollacup. You can get them on Amazon, or about 100 other places online.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemeaknigh:
    Straw cup!! They are more natural for them to use and they're better for speech development. We love the Lollacup. You can get them on Amazon, or about 100 other places online.
  • imagemeaknigh:
  • Dang computer at work. I ment to quote above and say "This exactly" We love those cups! Esp. straw cups!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"