Parenting

Waiting for a table.

I went to pick up Famous Dave's for dinner tonight and there was a line wrapped around the entire building, waiting on a table. I had actually wanted to dine in, but SO said it would be too busy, so I huffed, puffed, rolled my eyes, and went to pick it up. When I asked how long the wait was for a table, the hostess said TWO hours.

I couldn't believe these people were wrapped around the building waiting for two hours (they did have the buzzer pads that let them know when their table is ready, but they don't reach out of the parking lot, so they all had to stay at least within the parking lot). Do people actually wait that long?

I would just go home and cook for myself at that point. What's the longest you've ever waited at a restaurant? What's the longest you would wait?

SO won't wait over 30 minutes, so neither will I. If it's a "special" restaurant, we make reservations.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
SCANDAL!

Re: Waiting for a table.

• Indifferent for Famous Dave's?! No way.

I would wait that long for a five star place or something of the sort. But a chain bar b q joint? Craziness! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • I will wait 30-45 minutes tops.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I won't wait longer than 30 mins.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We've waiting up to an hour for a table, but that's because we were with family who insisted we just keep waiting. For a date night or whatev DH and I normally don't wait more than 30 mins. We aren't patient, lol.
  • Protip: call ahead.
    We went out last night instead
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Yikes. I would never ever wait 2 hrs. 30 minutes tops.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • With DD never more then 20. Otherwise am hour, although I haven't in a while.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • suv75suv75 member
    Depends on the place and who I am with. If DS is with us, no more than 30 mins. When it was just DH and I, if the place had good food and they have good bar area with good drinks, we will wait up to 1.5 hrs and order drinks and apps at the bar. Same when I go out with girlfriends.
  • For Famous Dave's I would never in a million years wait that long.  DH and I waited for 2 hours for a really nice and family restaurant (not a chain so unless you lived around here, you would not know it) and the meal also takes a long time based on how its served but the whole experience is part of it.  We got drinks and enjoyed the environment.  With the kids - I refuse to wait more than 30 mins and some days that is pushing it.  For a decent restaurant, 30-45 mins is about all I will wait and not at all for a place like Famous Dave's (you get 15 mins tops at places like that)
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"