Homeschooling

Inspirational Post for Christian Mothers

I came across this post today and thought I would share. It was a huge blessing to me and I hope it is to you too. https://catholicexchange.com/dance-like-david-homeschooling-without-fear/ .

Re: Inspirational Post for Christian Mothers

• Thanks for sharing!

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes That's a good reminder for parenting in general too!

I'll go back to my lurking now... Embarrassed 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Christian teacher here for a bit of homeschooling advice:

Homeschooling is an excellent way of teaching your kids exactly what you value. It is the natural way that God intended education to work. Parents should be training their children; it shouldn't be the responsibility of any one else to train up your child in the way he should go. 

That said, there is one very important principle to follow when homeschooling: provide your child with the best educational experience possible. John Piper devotes a whole chapter in his book, Don't Waste Your Life, to the concept of being the best. 1 Cor. 10:31 say, "Do ALL to the glory of God."  Be the best teacher your child could ever find. Give your child the best education you possible can. Don't skimp or cut corners.

We're expecting our first, so my husband and I are planning on homeschooling for the first couple years of elementary school. Even though my husband is the principal and we'd get free education at the Christian school, we still believe that we can provide a better educational experience for our kids. Really, it's about what is best for our kids. As the parents, we know what is best and what is possible.

Good luck to you all!!!
    Blessings,
    C-Twine

• imageSidraJedi:

Yes That's a good reminder for parenting in general too!

Hi, SJ!!!  :)

I think it's a great reminder for living in general.  If I think about how differently my life would be if I were dancing through it as if no one was watching and it looks so different.  My priorities would probably change if I wasn't worrying about what people think.  I think about all the silly things I do just to keep up appearances that would free up valuable time to focus on things that matter.

• image+adamwife+:
    imageSidraJedi:

Yes That's a good reminder for parenting in general too!

Hi, SJ!!!  :)

I think it's a great reminder for living in general.  If I think about how differently my life would be if I were dancing through it as if no one was watching and it looks so different.  My priorities would probably change if I wasn't worrying about what people think.  I think about all the silly things I do just to keep up appearances that would free up valuable time to focus on things that matter.

Exactly.

I am such a people pleaser and my childhood was such that I learned to acquiesce to others and to do as expected just to survive no matter how counterproductive these concessions were.  I'm learning to be more myself as the years go by, trusting in myself instead of my habitual submission to/fear of authority, and trying to remember that the only one I have to answer to is the Lord.

Smile  backatcha, BTW. Its always good to see a fellow BMB bumpee posting something cool on one of the other boards that I check out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"