High-Risk Pregnancy

Intro - complete previa/modified bedrest

HHi, I'm

I don't post too much b/c I've been trying to stay away from reading too much online about my pregnancy and scaring myself (Dr's orders) but I'm at the point where I can't help it I need to vent/talk to others in my situation/find info.

This is my 3rd pregnancy, 1st baby. I had 2 early M/C in 2012 (one at 8 weeks and a missed one at 9 that we found at 13). Both other pregnancies were natural, but I got pregnant this time with help from Clomed, an HCG trigger shot and progesterone suppositories until week 15 b/c of a suspected luteal phase defect that was making me lose them early on. This little guy's hanging in there and we've been calling him our Christmas miracle Smile

I was told I had a marginal placenta previa at my 20 wk A/S and put on pelvic rest until they could check again at 28 wks but that it would probably move up. Last Tuesday night at 1am I started bleeding out of nowhere. We rushed to the hospital where we were told baby is fine but the previa is now complete. I stayed in the hospital until Wednesday evening and was released on what I guess is modified bedrest. They gave me steroid shots to develop his lungs and told me to mentally prepare for a C-section and not to expect to make it further than 35 weeks (if I'm lucky).

I'm at home now completely confused and feeling really dumb b/c I don't know exactly what can happen (everyone seems so worried about ME but I'm just worried about my son coming out healthy). My mom flew down to help out and her and my husband are being great (although I get mad at them sometimes b/c they are overprotective about me getting up). I'm allowed to stand to shower etc and can sit up as long as I'm lying back on something. I've also been cleared to take small trips out so long as the activities are mainly sitting like the nail salon or lunch and I'm not driving. I can only go out once every day or 2 but at least my apartment has a pool that I'm allowed to sit by. I see my Dr again on Tuesday

I'm so scared for my baby and I'm so lost now b/c I don't have any clue when he's coming it could be any day. And on top of this I worry about other petty things and then feel guilty about them: we're buying a house this summer, had to move up closing date to July 1st so we could close before I'm on maternity leave. I'm a teacher so at least I'm off now and haven't had to miss work yet. We're not at all ready to move, I'm missing a trip to NJ to visit friends and family, and apparently my baby shower. I'm so not used to being inactive, I usually work out 5 times a week but was told I can't even do yoga now. And now I worry about losing muscle tone and getting way out of shape and then I just feel like a bad person for thinking about that b/c I know that what matters is my baby being born healthy. I got to go to BBB yesterday to get our stroller and when we were looking at preemie clothes I burst into tears b/c I'm just not ready to imagine him being born premature.

I'm grateful to not be on full bedrest and I'm grateful that the nature of my job allows me to not be missing anything until August and I'm grateful that I have all the support from my family, and that this isn't a huge problem. I know there are so many of you on here that have so much scarier issues that mine just sounds annoying. I'm sorry this is so long it's just been building up for days and I had to get it all out.

Re: Intro - complete previa/modified bedrest

• Sorry you are in that position but welcome! Vent away! It is scary not knowing what is going to happen from one day to the next. Most of us here are in that boat as well. We understand where you are coming from. I am also use to being very active in fitness and my career. Everything has come to a stop because nothing matters more than carrying my girls as long as possible. It was a tough pill to swallow, but I had to get over myself and do what's best for my girls. Actually, tomorrow the project I have been working so hard on for 2 years will launch, and I'll be here at home. You'll save yourself a lot of stress by avoiding making things worse by taking a back seat and ride this out. :-)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • hugs sorry you are dealing with this just take it one day at a time
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and sorry you have to join the HR / BR club.  I had a decent meltdown on Friday about this but lime Stacey, I know I just need to get over it because I'm doing what's best for my baby.  Best of luck to you!
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I had massive bleeds and needed 2 transfusions but after 2 weeks bed rest my placenta moved from complete to 3 cms clear. I was terrified but they are going to moniter you baby so closely now try not to lift , pull, bend , stretch anything with to much effort give your body chance to heal your previa may not move but there's no reason with a c section it has to bad. I understand have extremely scary and the worry anxiety is so high it's horrid. They just kept telling me at ultrasounds that baby was fine so just look after yourself and rest x
  • Hi Melissa,

I'm so sorry your having such trouble I was also DX with CPP at my 20 week A/S and am on modified bed rest. It does suck but I found a support group on facebook of women that also have PP and it's a really encouraging group. Because you can vent and read other post of women that have cleared or some who've delivered full term so be encouraged.

Here's the link

hope this helps 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2400992529/ 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejoysyear:

Hi Melissa,

I'm so sorry your having such trouble I was also DX with CPP at my 20 week A/S and am on modified bed rest. It does suck but I found a support group on facebook of women that also have PP and it's a really encouraging group. Because you can vent and read other post of women that have cleared or some who've delivered full term so be encouraged.

Here's the link

hope this helps 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2400992529/ 

Thanks for the link! I'm going to check it out Smile

• [quote user="staceymack" Actually, tomorrow the project I have been working so hard on for 2 years will launch, and I'll be here at home. quote]

I'm so sorry to hear that! that must be the worst feeling not being there for that launch.

• Hi Melissa,

It's natural to worry but try not to allow yourself to become overwhelmed or consumed.  It's not healty for either of you.  As far as having a premature baby, I have 5 premies & I'm pregnant now.  They had to stay in the neonatal unit for 1-4 weeks, that was the most difficult part because they were all healthy. 

I wish you & your family the very best!!!

• Hi...on the same boat here but mine was complete since 13w 21w now. I am also not working, just walking the minimum around rhe house and hoping all goes well. Keep us updated!
  • Just to give you some hope, I had a complete previa diagnose at 11 weeks and was told to prepare for a 36 week c section. I had some major bleeding episodes, and months of bed rest but here I am at almost 39 weeks and baby is doing great!

hang in there! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"