February 2013 Moms

Bottle protest

I know this has been brought up before but I can't find the post. My little one will not take a bottle. I will be going back to work in 3 weeks and am trying to get this under control now. Any ideas of how to get him to take one. I leave the house and have also been home. He took one at three weeks but we were not consistent with giving him them. Any ideas on how to help?! Thanks!!

Re: Bottle protest

• DD won't take a bottle unless it is REALLY warm. Slightly warmer than room temp doesn't cut it. And she won't take any of the Dr Browns bottles we have from DD1 but will take the Medela bottles that came with the pump. Not sure what all you've tried but I thought I'd throw those things out there.
  • We brought the same issue up to our pediatrician because I will be going back to work in 2 weeks. She said the same thing happened with both of her sons; they waited until she came back home to eat. But she said after a week or two they started to take the bottle. She said that any healthy baby will not let themselves starve. 

I recommend reading these articles to help with the transition:

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/employed-moms/childcare-breastfed-baby/ 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We were having the same issue and what actually worked for us was me doing it in the beginning. Now she'll take it from anyone. What I did was feed her first and when she was almost done eating I'd try the bottle with like an ounce in it. I think the conf
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagelittlebean4:
    We were having the same issue and what actually worked for us was me doing it in the beginning. Now she'll take it from anyone. What I did was feed her first and when she was almost done eating I'd try the bottle with like an ounce in it. I think the conf

Sorry stupid mobile. I think the comfort of me doing it helped in the beginning. And also, I agree with the warm!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • It's a phase. Just keep offering the bottle, eventually it'll work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"