March 2012 Moms

WWYD? Fathers Day Vs Mothers Day **Update**

I am going to be the bigger person..but...I SO WANT TO BE A B*%CH.

DH NEVER got me a gift for Mothers Day. I got a card that he made me wait in the car to go buy at 9pm the night before. What ever. I got an IOU...and never got a gift.

So here comes Father's day. I dont want to do anything for him! I want to be totally petty and resentful.Devil

BUT...I know that is not the right thing to do. so am going to get him a subscription for the stupid Sirus Radio in his car.

WWYD?

Update:

OMG!! you all are KILLING ME HERE!!! I am so going with the sock's and Tie's rule for the future!! He is totally HIT n Miss on gift giving.  Thank you for the great laugh.  

**Father's Day was a huge hit. The XM Radio blew him away. We spent the day at the everglades, did airboat rides and BBQ'd. ALL day our big joke was about how great this father's day was and how crappy my mothers day was! It was hilarious. Needless to say. He promised i would be getting a Do-Over and it was just a great family day ***

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage

Re: WWYD? Fathers Day Vs Mothers Day **Update**

• Sounds like you're on the right track with the card and the Sirius. Being petty will perpetuate the cycle and going overboard just won't sit right with you I imagine. You guys have an older child right? I ask because its not like he's new at this. Should've known better! Setting an example of kindness and thoughtfulness might show him what to do next time around. Ah, who am I kidding. They don't learn : Feeling a little bitter these days, too
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I felt like my Mother's Day gift was really weak this year so I'm trying to lead by example and do something for him more on par with what I think is appropriate for Mother's Day. If he fails again, he's getting crappy ties and socks for the rest of his life.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagemrscjmb9410:

imageeyenigh:
    I felt like my Mother's Day gift was really weak this year so I'm trying to lead by example and do something for him more on par with what I think is appropriate for Mother's Day. If he fails again, he's getting crappy ties and socks for the rest of his life.

I like this.

Though I would also probably bring it up in like October, and say, remember when I got you sirius radio for father's day...i was a bit disappointed at mothers day, etc. 

I like this too.  DH needed some... I'll call it training, for lack of a better word.. in the gift department the first couple of years we were together.  My mom helped him a lot and I tried to lead by example as well.  Luckily, he was a quick learner.  I know a lot of women who have not had that same experience though - some of my mom's friends still pick out their own birthday/Christmas/Mother's Day gifts in their 60s because their Hs never figured it out.  Hopefully yours gets the hint.  Is he good at gift-giving on other occasions?  If so, that bodes well. 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • WipzWipz member
    My DH doesn't need to buy me something for mothers day for me to know how appreciated I am.  He worked a double shift on Mothers day voluntarily, much as he wanted to be home with us.. just so he wouldn't have to be made to work on a day that would make my life difficult by making me call in sick to work. 

They work on a rota system and if you havent worked over for a while you get made to stay over and since we dont use day care.. I would have to miss work and face a warning for attendance if it happened too often.  Working a double for me, was ok.. maybe not so romantic.. but nothing less romantic anc caring than being broke when you lose your job LOL

He co-parents with me and  I'd rather have that than a box  of chocs, flowers or  a spa day.... he got me a really cute card.  He always makes an effort to actually pick out a card with meaning, even if it's a humorous one that  describes our relationship... he doesn't just go and pick out something flowery  and BS off the shelf with a "that will do attitdue"   he has even customized them with  added notes to the verses about something relevant which always make me laugh.

He got his gift already, he wanted a game card for one of his online games.. he'll get a card and maybe some personal nick naks.. and I might craft a few things, but our money is aimed in other directions and we won't be doing any elaborate big spends on each other for a while.

men usually aren't the keeper of the black book in most families and it's the women who track birthdays and special dates and organize the cards and gifts etc... maybe you need to devise some kind of visual reminder and hint board... get a cork board and start pinning things you like that you wouldn't normally buy as an extra... if he asks what you are doing just tell him it's your maybe one day board of things you want to get at some point... maybe he'll take the initiative and at least if nothing else get an idea on what you like. :)

You don't have to make it just things for you.. add things for the LO and him that you see and think might be cool. Hell add in some simple recipes you might even get a surprise dinner out of it lol or add pictures from magazines, paint swatches  or decor ideas if you have a room you want made over... men sometimes just need pointing in the right direction.
  • WipzWipz member
    spending time with his daughter should be gift enough anyway... and  all things considered he is lucky to be doing that...  I hope you guys have a great day out and take lots of pics :)

so curius minds want to know how many husbands got socks and ties or are getting chump pie for dinner lol.
  • imageWipz:
    spending time with his daughter should be gift enoughnbsp;anyway... and nbsp;all things considered he is lucky to be doing that...nbsp; I hope you guys have a great day out and take lots of pics :so curius minds want to know how many husbands got socks and ties or are getting chump pie for dinner lol.
    Not even kidding, DH got a vasectomy Friday. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I'm sure he would have loved a tie instead. For the record I did not do the scheduling on Father's Day weekend. Pretty smart though, bc I've been waiting on him all weekend!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • WipzWipz member

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imageWipz:
    spending time with his daughter should be gift enoughnbsp;anyway... and nbsp;all things considered he is lucky to be doing that...nbsp; I hope you guys have a great day out and take lots of pics :so curius minds want to know how many husbands got socks and ties or are getting chump pie for dinner lol.
    Not even kidding, DH got a vasectomy Friday. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I'm sure he would have loved a tie instead. For the record I did not do the scheduling on Father's Day weekend. Pretty smart though, bc I've been waiting on him all weekend!

ROFLMAO .. I think you got played  unless he waited on you hand and foot after the birth, because having a V is not  a huge deal in comparison and does not make you useless... just sexless for a while ... Happy Father's Day

• imageWipz:

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imageWipz:

ROFLMAO .. I think you got played  unless he waited on you hand and foot after the birth, because having a V is not  a huge deal in comparison and does not make you useless... just sexless for a while ... Happy Father's Day

After two c sections 11 months apart, I don't have much sympathy!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageWipz:
    spending time with his daughter should be gift enough anyway... and  all things considered he is lucky to be doing that...  I hope you guys have a great day out and take lots of pics :)

so curius minds want to know how many husbands got socks and ties or are getting chump pie for dinner lol.

HAHAHA so I didn't even really think about it when I was buying them, but I did actually give DH a couple of pairs of socks.  Granted, he got other stuff too, and he requested these socks.. and they're super cool.. one has Space Invaders and one has dinosaurs.  But still.. kinda funny.

Mossimo Supply Co. Men's 1Pk Socks - Space InvadersMossimo Supply Co. Men's 1Pk Socks - Dinosaurs 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • WipzWipz member
    imageKrsCrp83:

imageWipz:

HAHAHA so I didn't even really think about it when I was buying them, but I did actually give DH a couple of pairs of socks.  Granted, he got other stuff too, and he requested these socks.. and they're super cool.. one has Space Invaders and one has dinosaurs.  But still.. kinda funny.

Mossimo Supply Co. Men's 1Pk Socks - Space InvadersMossimo Supply Co. Men's 1Pk Socks - Dinosaurs 

they don't count.. those space invader sox rock !!Cool
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"