April 2013 Moms

Running water

Has anyone else found that the sound of running water soothes their LO? It works so well for us that my husband found a 4 hour YouTube video of running water that we play for him. I wish I would have found this weeks ago. It's magical!

Re: Running water

• I do that when he is in a bath. He likes the water hitting him in the foot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yup!!! We will either stand in the kitchen and turn the water on and have him listen or run his head under the tap for a bit. It soothes him down

In the mornings I put him in the bouncy chair in the bathroom with me so I can shower when DH isn't home.

And sometimes when DH bathes DS he will leave the taps running we bathe him in the actual tub not a baby bath tub

The sleep sheep has a stream option so that helps too
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I sit with LO in the bathroom when DH is showering. Calms him down instantly. 
    Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • I put LO in his R n P in the bathroom in the mornings when I shower. He loves the sound and it puts him to sleep pretty quickly.
  • Yep..downloaded an app with the sound bought a sleep sheep..its wonderful
  • Not only does the sound of the shower calm him down, but also the sound of the hair dryer! Getting ready to go somewhere is getting a little easier! 
  • Yes! We have the Glow Puppy and his favorite sounds on it are the water ones
    CafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yup, that or the fan on the microwave. 

There is app called sleepbug.  The free version has a waterwall sound that works perfectly for LO.   My Ipad sleeps beside her now and we both have it on our phones. 

• Perhaps it reminds them of the sound of amniotic fluid sloshing around them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRussianMommy:
    Yup!!! We will either stand in the kitchen and turn the water on and have him listen or run his head under the tap for a bit. It soothes him down

In the mornings I put him in the bouncy chair in the bathroom with me so I can shower when DH isn't home.

And sometimes when DH bathes DS he will leave the taps running we bathe him in the actual tub not a baby bath tub

My son has slept with the stream sound on his sheep every night for 2 1/2 years. lol He loves it.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imageRussianMommy:
    Yup!!! We will either stand in the kitchen and turn the water on and have him listen or run his head under the tap for a bit. It soothes him down

My son has slept with the stream sound on his sheep every night for 2 1/2 years. lol He loves it.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• YES! Anytime I take a shower I take the changing pad from her room into the bathroom and place it on the floor. LO just lays there and is very content. If I want to do my hair up then I just let the water run to give myself a few extra minutes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • NDaryaNDarya member
    Interesting! I have to try this. So far we only discovered the exhaust fan in the kitchen that works magic for us. 
     CafeMom TickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"