Nurseries and Baby Gear

Baby Bullet or Beaba?

Love the idea of making my own baby food... But it needs to be something pretty simple realistically. Not like 20 steps and 20 pieces to disassemble and clean... Has anyone had any experience with the Baby Bullet or Beaba? Any pro's, con's, recommendations? TIA!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Bullet or Beaba?

• I have the baby bullet, while I liked it, I would actually suggest just a regular food steamer basket and a good blender.  I found the baby bullet just wasn't big enough once I wanted to start making bigger batches.
  • imagetracyann789:
    I have the baby bullet, while I liked it, I would actually suggest just a regular food steamer basket and a good blender.nbsp; I found the baby bullet just wasn't big enough once I wanted to start making bigger batches.

This. If you read the reviews, lots of the "baby food makers" have mold problems.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Just buy a regular food processor. It can be used for so much more and costs the same.
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DD we spent so little time messing around with purees (she wasn't a big fan ad we went the baby led weaning route) that it would not have been worth it all to buy a separate specialty baby food system.  The baby bullet is very similar to the regular bullet and has very small blending containers.  You can easily steam/cook foods in a small pot and blend it in a regular blender.  Use ice cube trays to freeze the purees and then organize into portions to store in the freezer.  It can be very simple, efficient and inexpensive to make your own food without the specialty systems. 

• I didn't like the baby bullet.  We use the regular bullet on a regular basis and I think it has more power.  I would recommend getting a steamer and a normal bullet if you like the idea of a bullet.  Otherwise a normal blender or food processor.
  • Steamer basket and regular food processor. My food processor has 3 parts and purees are easy enough to rinse off before you throw it in the dishwasher. Plus you can use the food processor way longer than your kid will be on purees.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagechardonnay24:
    Steamer basket and regular food processor. My food processor has 3 parts and purees are easy enough to rinse off before you throw it in the dishwasher. Plus you can use the food processor way longer than your kid will be on purees.

This. The specialized baby food processors seem like a gimmick. It is so easy to steam food and throw it in a normal food processor that you can use for so much more beyond baby food. Your money is much better spent on a Cuisinart. 

Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I looooove my Beaba. I used it for DS and I use it for DD ALL THE TIME. It's so small and so convenient. Sure, you can use a steamer basket. But then you have to use a pot, wash the pot, lid, steamer basket, and all the blender parts. The Beaba does it all and all you have to wash is the one small container and small blade. I've never had any problems with it. I also use it to defrost frozen baby food. I highly recommend it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSvenny1011:

imagechardonnay24:
    Steamer basket and regular food processor. My food processor has 3 parts and purees are easy enough to rinse off before you throw it in the dishwasher. Plus you can use the food processor way longer than your kid will be on purees.

This. The specialized baby food processors seem like a gimmick. It is so easy to steam food and throw it in a normal food processor that you can use for so much more beyond baby food. Your money is much better spent on a Cuisinart. 

100% this.  It was super easy to throw my veggies and fruit in the food processor and then put the food into ice cube trays.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • We used our food processor more making baby food than we had in 8 yrs of being married.  I'm glad that we didn't buy anything extra.  I did love the ice cube trays with a lid from Bed Bath & Beyond for freezing pur?e's for later
    BFP #1 on 2.13.11, MM/C 04.11.11 @ 12W, 1D
    BFP #2 due on 2.17.12 - Happy Birthday Brooks 2.11.12
    BFP #3 on 11.14.12, M/C 12.3.12 @ 7W, 1D
    BFP #4 due 12.11.13- Happy Birthday Taylor @ 34w, 2d
    - 30w+1- pPROM and hospital bed rest till DD comes

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    My Preemie ticker

image image
  • imageGrk_Natasha:
    I looooove my Beaba. I used it for DS and I use it for DD ALL THE TIME. It's so small and so convenient. Sure, you can use a steamer basket. But then you have to use a pot, wash the pot, lid, steamer basket, and all the blender parts. The Beaba does it all and all you have to wash is the one small container and small blade. I've never had any problems with it. I also use it to defrost frozen baby food. I highly recommend it!

This, exactly! Also, the Beaba steam function shuts off after a certain amount of time. I love this bc I often get side tracked, and over steamed veggies lose all of their nutrients!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"