1st Trimester

Any other ladies out there think that pregnancy belly pics are weird?

Okay...I know that a lot of women like to do photoshoots of their naked pregnant bellies with hubby touching or making a heart with his hands, or big brother or sister kissing said naked belly....

But I think it's just WEIRD. I don't want to see another woman's bare belly and neither do I want MY bare belly shown to others. Am I the only one who feels this way? I mean, I'm taking weekly COVERED belly pics just for myself, but not for others to see. I don't think I even want to do a photoshoot with me and my husband while I'm pregnant. It's just strange to me.

Don't get me wrong, there will be plenty of pictures AFTER the baby is born, but nobody needs to see me plastered over facebook with my pregnant belly.

Thoughts? Anyone out there like me?

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any other ladies out there think that pregnancy belly pics are weird?

• I don't care for it for myself, but others can do whatever makes them happy. I've never really been a fan of showing off my belly pregnant or not. 

My feeling is that if it is weird to you then just don't do it. Why, exactly, do you think its weird? 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I always covered mine. I don't think of it as weird because it is natural, but I could care less than to show off my stretch marks, etc.
    Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sure, other people can do whatever they want, of course. That's no problem. I think it is weird because I'm a more modest person than most, I guess. Not interested in seeing bellies...pregnant or not. Lol.
  • I think maternity pictures are beautiful and I definitely don't think it is weird to document something so lifechanging and that won't happen to you often in your life.  However, I am also not a fan of bare belly pics.  For that reason we did all "covered" belly pics when we did maternity pics during my last pregnancy.  I really treasure those pictures now.  I am planning on doing a family maternity session during this pregnancy but it will similarly be with all "covered" belly pics.
  • Some are really well done and tastefully done.  However, I'm not a huge fan and won't be doing the "naked" belly shots.  We are going to do a maternity shoot, but there will be clothes over my belly! haha.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• imageflutefemmeok:
    Sure, other people can do whatever they want, of course. That's no problem. I think it is weird because I'm a more modest person than most, I guess. Not interested in seeing bellies...pregnant or not. Lol.

Do you think having them done is immodest, or sharing them is immodest?  What do you think of a woman that does a maternity shoot but keeps the pictures to herself and her significant other?

ETA: also, I plan on doing a maternity shoot, but it's not going to include my husband's hands anywhere near my naked belly because that's not my style.  There are many different ways to stage maternity photos, and I don't think they should all be lumped together.

Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• My horse is pregnant and due about a month after me, they carry 11 months, so I'm planning on doing some pictures with her when were both huge. My belly will be covered! I wouldn't mind doing a few tasteful bare belly pics just to remember this time, but do not think I would ever post them on Facebook or anything for everyone to see.
  • I am not a fan of pregnant photoshoots. I think its great to document it if you want, but why do a professional photo shoot unless those pictures end up on your wall or in an announcement. Doing a photo shoot of your pg belly just for memory sake seems like a waste of money.

The only pictures I have of my pg belly from last time are unintentional ones. Pictures of us hiking or at family events, where pictures would be taken anyway.

The naked ones are definitely weird! I have good family members and friends that have done these kinds of photo shoots and I think it looks creepy. It can look borderline sexual. 

Baby #1 DS born August 2012
    Baby #2 DD Born January 2014
    Baby #3 ?? Due June 5 2015

• To each their own. I never did professional shots, but did take home ones every couple weeks, clothed and belly showing. They came out great. It is nice to look back and see them. I will take home ones again this pregnancy. I can't wait to show my lo them some time.

I wish I would have had someone take a shot of B when they were pulling him out during my C-section. Next baby I will.  I would recommend taking some bare belly, you do not want to say "I should have taken them later" You never know if you will change your mind.

I said a ton of things before I had a child ad my how they changed when actually in a certain situation.  You can always delete them later if you do not like them, but you can never go back and take them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When I was pregnant I did a maternity shoot and I have a great pic of my bare belly that hangs in our master bathroom. I didn't gain much weight, so my belly was cute, IMO. I'm glad I did it now that I'm not pregnant. Nobody really sees it though. I did it for my DH as an a anniversary present. He actually teared up when he opened it. DS was 5 days old on our anniversary. 

I would never post that on FB though. I don't mind seeing other people's bare belly though.  

• I'm not a fan a naked belly pics.  I don't think a pregnant belly is very attractive. I would consider doing a clothed photoshoot so that my little girl can see what she "looked" like before she was born.  I always enjoyed looking at pics of my mom while she was pregnant with me.
  • It would be nice to show your child one day what you looked like when you were carrying him/her. My mom didn't take any and I would have liked to have seen it. I'll probably take a few covered and uncovered belly pics, but not share them. I think it would be nice to look back to in the future when your kids are all grown up. 
  • imagegingerbabe:

The naked ones are definitely weird! I have good family members and friends that have done these kinds of photo shoots and I think it looks creepy. It can look borderline sexual. 

Yes!!! The ones where the husband is doing the hand-bra thing is especially disgusting. I mean really????!!! I want to see your husband holding your naked boobs?? Yuck!  Borderline erotic (and erotic) pregnancy photos are incredibly distasteful and CREEPY. 

• No, I think they are a nice way to document a major life event.  I don't post them on FB though.  I'll probably not be pregnant agin and love my belly and the changes that are happening to my body.  

What makes me cringe is when people post their u/s pix on FB.  No one needs to see the inside of your ute.  I think it's tasteless.

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• But u/s pics are only of THE BABY....not the woman's naked belly/body....
  • imageflutefemmeok:
    But u/s pics are only of THE BABY....not the woman's naked belly/body....

It sounds like you're actually bothered by the bare skin aspect. Do bikini pictures bother you also since they show bare abdomen?

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.

• ZimgerZimger member

It doesn't bother me. I probably won't be doing maternity photos but I imagine I will be huge for the family Christmas pics.

I'm also not bothered by u/s pics on FB. I'm tough to bother I guess.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagencchnat:

It's pictures of the inside of your ute. I don't think they're tasteless like a PP, but if someone posted an ultrasound picture of their blood clots or their heart, people would probably think it's weird, even though it's really not that different.

I do think that a living, breathing human being is in a bit of a different category than a blood clot or an organ.  I'm not focusing on "ew that's her ute", because you don't really see "the ute". You see the baby! I'm not sure of your story behind being afraid of Facebook, but as far as u/s photos go, I think they're really cool.

• imageflutefemmeok:

Here's where I get flamed.  I don't think it's a baby until after viability.  Until then, its am embryo or fetus.  And I'm in the minority amongst my family who feel that it's not a baby until it's born (Judaism).  And I still don't really want to see FB friends' u/s, especially as profile pix.  I feel differently about close friends/family (re wanting to see u/s pix).  

I'm not saying this to start a "when does life begin" debate, so please know that this is purely my opinion, I'm not expecting agreement.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• imageVCGolfNYC:
    imageflutefemmeok:
    It sounds like you're actually bothered by the bare skin aspect. Do bikini pictures bother you also since they show bare abdomen?

Ha! I can't STAND bikini pics! Why not just post a facebook photo of yourself in your underwear? That's how I see it. I guess I'm a traditionalist that way. :) 

• imageflutefemmeok:

imageVCGolfNYC:
    imageflutefemmeok:

Ha! I can't STAND bikini pics! Why not just post a facebook photo of yourself in your underwear? That's how I see it. I guess I'm a traditionalist that way. :) 

I can't help but feel like the point of your original post was to cause drama. Your real issue is obviously people exposing their body/bare skin, period. But, instead of saying this you came on and framed it in pregnancy, on a pregnancy board where women are coming to terms with their changing bodies, and may be somewhat insecure. If your issue is really ALL bare skin, then say that rather than veiling it in maternity photoshoots.

imageimage

• I said I thought bare-belly pregnancy pics were weird. I asked if anyone agreed with me. Then someone asked me if I didn't like bikini pics, so I answered that, too. I spoke about pregnancy because I'm pregnant, and this is a topic that has been brought to my attention lately (people offering to take my pregnancy pictures, etc.). So I was curious as to what others thought and felt about it.

If you feel that I am being "veiled" and "deceitful", then that's not my problem, it's yours. 

• imageVCGolfNYC:
    imageflutefemmeok:

imageVCGolfNYC:
    imageflutefemmeok:

I can't help but feel like the point of your original post was to cause drama. Your real issue is obviously people exposing their body/bare skin, period. But, instead of saying this you came on and framed it in pregnancy, on a pregnancy board where women are coming to terms with their changing bodies, and may be somewhat insecure. If your issue is really ALL bare skin, then say that rather than veiling it in maternity photoshoots.

Agree Yes

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I agree.  I know some people like them but all I know is my belly is not the prettiest thing right now with all these stretch marks. I do find it strange and I haven't even taken one.
  • imagecar seat:

No, I don't think it's weird to document something that will only happen to you a handful of times. 

I think it's weird that people take pictures of their food or their manicures.

haha I totally agree. Such an interesting perspective. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Well it's a good thing you don't have to "see" my bare belly, OP.

Cause' I'm showing it and I can care less what anyone thinks.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't feel the need to do mysf, but I could care less what other people do. I'm not on FB at all, so I don't see other people's things. One of DH's friends did a Demi Moore style naked maternity photo shoot and hung the pics in her guest bathroom. That's a little odd to me, but they live across the country so I don't have to see it.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• I have been a scrap booker for years and I really like to take pictures of everything!  When I got pregnant this time, I was so happy to have documented everything from my last pregnancy so well to be able to compare both times. 

I did some amateur photography for awhile and some people wouldn't want a bare belly picture, others would--I think it just depends on a lot of things--being photogenic, self esteem, how much you feel comfortable sharing with others.  

From your original post you mention not wanting to see another woman's bare belly, or have yours seen---does that mean you also think its weird for women to wear bikinis?  Pregnant or not?  Some people are just more comfortable sharing more of their bodies with others.

• Ummm then don't take the pictures and don't look at other people's pictures...?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • imageVCGolfNYC:
    imageflutefemmeok:

imageVCGolfNYC:
    imageflutefemmeok:

Boom goes the dynamite! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • I don't stare at anything but the baby in the u/s. I don't think it's weird to post what your growing baby looks like... To each their own?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do not like them, will never get them done. I look disgusting pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"