Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Where to get comfy dressy shoes?

Hi Ladies,

My great grandmother is turning 80 in a few weeks and my family is having a fancy dinner party for her at a banquet hall.  DD currently doesn't have any dressy shoes.  I absolutely LOVE stride rite shoes but they are expensive and I really don't want to pay the money for dress up shoes that she is going to wear for just one day.  I do want the shoes to be comfy and easy for her to walk in though.  Any recommendations?  She's 15 months if that makes a difference.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where to get comfy dressy shoes?

• Options
    Target or Payless maybe? I've seen reasonably priced kids' shoes at Sears, JC Penny, and Kohl's too. My daughter only has one pair of shoes and I just put them with whatever she is wearing even if they don't match perfectly.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Target maybe. We have a stride rite outlet near us and they normally have good deals. I sometimes by one for now and one in her next size up using BOGO deals. Maybe they have an outlet near you. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebrainpagan:
    Target maybe. We have a stride rite outlet near us and they normally have good deals. I sometimes by one for now and one in her next size up using BOGO deals. Maybe they have an outlet near you. Good luck!

I got DD's last pair of sneakers at the stride rite outlet.  They were $30, normally $46.  Really good deal but $30 is still more than I want to pay for dress shoes that she will wear one day.  I will check out Target.  Thanks! 

• Options

imageNineTwentyOhEight:
    Target or Payless maybe? I've seen reasonably priced kids' shoes at Sears, JC Penny, and Kohl's too. My daughter only has one pair of shoes and I just put them with whatever she is wearing even if they don't match perfectly.

Thanks for the suggestions!  Yeah, DD currently has just pink sneakers that I put on all the time but I think they would look pretty silly with a fancy dress. 

• Options
    Try a local baby consignment store. E have several in the area. I just got K a pair of barely used stride rites for $3! Yes, THREE BUCKS!
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member

You could get a pair of  cute pedipeds.  They are pretty expensive (around $40), but they are great shoes for developing toddlers and they look really cute and would be dressy enough.  Then, you could also wear them regularly, so they will get good use and wont feel like a waste.

My DD has one pair of shoes only, and they are pedipeds.

• Options
    leah2bleah2b member

https://www.pediped.com/Products/Originals-br-Betty---Silver__107.aspx

Example of the pedipeds.  These shoes are designed to be soft and pliable for early walkers.  My daughter wears them everyday.  They def look cute enough  for a dress but can also be worn everyday and are super comfortable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"